Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out Jennifer's latest SessionGirls interview, with Lia Labowe! For discussion, visit this topic.

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Rage vs Vanessa II.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-94.

Old 09-Aug-18, 10:33
Points: 503, Level: 8 Points: 503, Level: 8 Points: 503, Level: 8
Activity: 35.0% Activity: 35.0% Activity: 35.0%

Default Re: Valentina Shevchenko

Nicco must be praying she doesn't get Yamasaki for the referee.
Old 09-Aug-18, 13:14
Points: 3,496, Level: 24 Points: 3,496, Level: 24 Points: 3,496, Level: 24
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%
Last Achievements

Lost all respect for Valentina after the way she acted in the octagon after the judges gave the fight to Nunes. She showed her true colors and now she leaves the division because she knows she is not good enough to win the belt. Now she will win the belt in a weaker division. Not my kind of champion!
Old 10-Aug-18, 05:54
Points: 23,654, Level: 67 Points: 23,654, Level: 67 Points: 23,654, Level: 67
Activity: 57.5% Activity: 57.5% Activity: 57.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,801 Times in 672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Lost all respect for Valentina after the way she acted in the octagon after the judges gave the fight to Nunes. She showed her true colors and now she leaves the division because she knows she is not good enough to win the belt. Now she will win the belt in a weaker division. Not my kind of champion!

If a fighter feels they got a raw deal, I don't have a problem with them publicly expressing their honest opinion. Most agree that MMA judging still leaves a lot to be desired and could do with some tweaks if not completely overhauling. It lacks consistency and transparency and rarely does a card go by without a fight or two causing widespread debate within the MMA community with cries of 'robbery' and alike.

A lot of people felt Valentina should have won and Valentina felt she won because Nunes barely put a glove on her all fight.

As for leaving the division, 125 is actually her natural weight class. 125 wasn't around when she first came to the UFC so 135 was the only realistic option being too big for 115. By eye, you can clearly see Valentina was the smaller woman in her fights with Nunes and Holly. There was always a weight class between them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg max.jpg (126.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (225.1 KB, 31 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Aug-18, 04:26
Producer
Points: 12,405, Level: 48 Points: 12,405, Level: 48 Points: 12,405, Level: 48
Activity: 55.0% Activity: 55.0% Activity: 55.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't get that response at all. A 125-er tries to win the title at 135, comes up short, and now you're insinuating that she's a loser for returning to her own weight class?

I don't think she beat Amanda that night, but honestly, I would not have cared if that boring display had been called a draw. She's one of the most skilled we've ever seen, so I'm excited to see what she can do as a steady 125-er for the next few years.