Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Nov-12, 13:33
Points: 45,076, Level: 93 Points: 45,076, Level: 93 Points: 45,076, Level: 93
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,729 Times in 467 Posts
Default My biggest pet peeves in m/f stories

Okay, this is going to sound snarky... because it is! But I just want to share my four biggest pet peeves in the universe of erotic mixed combat stories...

1. Excessive sound effects.

BAM! POW! THWACK! Her fists tore into him. "YEEEAAARRRGH!" screamed Tony. "DO YOU GIVE?" the ref asked. "NOOOOOOOOO!" Tony called back. CRUNCH! she slammed her crotch into his chest. POW! CRASH! BOOM! she smacked her fists into his face three more times. "WHYAAAAAAAHH!!" came Tony's screams of anguish.

2. Bizarre fantasy settings.

Keylaria, the Elf Queen, sat upon her throne of troll bones. "Bring me the Cocks!" she ordered. Her gnome servants led four muscular orcs with giant dicks into the room on leashes. "Today I shall fight all you Cocks!" Keylaria announced. The orcs looked at each other. This three foot tall woman was challenging THEM and their enormous members?

3. Wrestling fanfic.

"Ouch!" grunted Ron Weasley as Hermoine tightened her legs around his waist. "How did you get so strong?" "Why, I cast a quadricepius titanius on my thighs, Ron," said Hermoine. "Are you enjoying it?" "Uff, it feels like you're breaking my ribs!" cried Ron. "Harry! Help me!" "I can't!" yelled Harry Potter. "She's far too strong!"

4. Robotic references to wrestling moves.

Mary put Sam in a scissor hold. Sam broke free and executed a German Suplex. Mary was stunned. Sam put Mary in a Grapevine. Mary broke free and threw Sam against the ropes and hit him with a Clothesline. Sam tried to roll away. Mary climbed the turnbuckle and did a Knee Drop. Sam reached for the ropes. Mary lifted Sam off the canvas and executed a Piledriver.

...why do these stories keep cropping up?? Who is sitting at home writing this stuff??

People scare me sometimes.
Old 22-Nov-12, 14:18
Points: 8,028, Level: 38 Points: 8,028, Level: 38 Points: 8,028, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: My four biggest pet peeves in m/f fighting stories

lol very true but I guess not everyone can be a great writer!
The Following User Says Thank You to iluvwrestlegirls For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-12, 14:20
Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,294 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRRobert [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
...why do these stories keep cropping up?? Who is sitting at home writing this stuff??
Guess people like U & ME
Old 22-Nov-12, 19:03
Points: 8,158, Level: 38 Points: 8,158, Level: 38 Points: 8,158, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Different people like different stuff, man. Just because you don't like, say, fantasy settings for the stories, it doesn't mean that no-one else does.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coiwy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-12, 19:35
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

It seems that most wrestling stories emphasize something else, like costumes, background, etc.
Very few really concentrate on wrestling. Seems a shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to freestylefan For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-12, 22:11
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiwy1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Different people like different stuff, man. Just because you don't like, say, fantasy settings for the stories, it doesn't mean that no-one else does.
Yeah, I guess that's apparent, but for the life of me I can't understand why someone would rather read about an elf fighting an orc than a woman fighting a man.
The Following User Says Thank You to EricRRobert For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-12, 22:16
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It seems that most wrestling stories emphasize something else, like costumes, background, etc.
Very few really concentrate on wrestling. Seems a shame.
Yep, I've seen that - stories where the whole point seems to be the extremely elaborate stroll into the ring, and the wrestling is tacked on as an afterthought.

Some people really seem to have a fetish specifically for the pro wrestling shows on TV - the announcers, the trash talking, the half-blind referees, the fake rivalries, the unrealistic moves, etc. I'm not going to say I entirely get it - it feels dangerously close to being sexually attracted to a television program.
Old 23-Nov-12, 00:44
luvemstrong

I agree with you on all four points and I'll add a few others:

5) Ludicrous size differences. Reading about a 7 foot tall, 260 pound female with 35 inch biceps defeating a 5 foot 4 inch, 120 pound male does nothing for me Granted the woman is a fantasy, but her superiority to her male opponent is not. I prefer the fantasy of a man being defeated by a woman who doesn't look capable of it.

6) Overly beligerent opponents. Either a woman hating man or a man hating woman cursing their opponent out from the moment they meet for no valid reason. This appears most prominent when a woman talks harsh, sexist trash to a guy for six or seven paragraphs - but if he dares use the dreaded "B" word (bitch) she goes hyper-ballistic about it.

7) The female always appears wearing loose fitting sweat pants and tops which conceal an unrealistic muscularity (like biceps larger than her waist).

As someone stated above, everyone has their preferences, and I respect that - but it seems sometimes there's a glut of those type stories and they tend to get very redundant.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Nov-12, 00:53
Ignore My Taps
Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,719 Times in 291 Posts

Wonderul thread point here as regards my written Mixed Wrestling story, "No, You did Not." I had waited till over 1,000 views with no response and now this thread opens up at 1010.
First, I apologize, P is Petra.
Please constructively criticize. Thanks.
Old 23-Nov-12, 00:54
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvemstrong [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree with you on all four points and I'll add a few others:

5) Ludicrous size differences. Reading about a 7 foot tall, 260 pound female with 35 inch biceps defeating a 5 foot 4 inch, 120 pound male does nothing for me Granted the woman is a fantasy, but her superiority to her male opponent is not. I prefer the fantasy of a man being defeated by a woman who doesn't look capable of it.
I hate those, too, although I guess that one falls more into the category of "interests I don't share" rather than "interests I can't believe anyone shares"

Quote:
6) Overly beligerent opponents. Either a woman hating man or a man hating woman cursing their opponent out from the moment they meet for no valid reason. This appears most prominent when a woman talks harsh, sexist trash to a guy for six or seven paragraphs - but if he dares use the dreaded "B" word (bitch) she goes hyper-ballistic about it.
Yeah, that one's just terrible writing. I mean, I love bullies - either female bullies or male bullies who are put in their place. But bullying is subtle. It's about condescension, oneupsmanship, a sharp, humiliating tongue. A raving she-bitch is too stupid to truly dominate someone, and an offensively idiotic clod is uninteresting to see dominated.

Quote:
7) The female always appears wearing loose fitting sweat pants and tops which conceal an unrealistic muscularity (like biceps larger than her waist).

As someone stated above, everyone has their preferences, and I respect that - but it seems sometimes there's a glut of those type stories and they tend to get very redundant.
Yeah, this one is a lot like your #5, isn't it. I think there's a whole category of it - "Obsessive fixation on a very specific fetish." Like the stories of women with gigantic asses who crush men's head between their ass cheeks and every single sentence seems to contain the word ass in it four times ass.

Maybe I'm fortunate to have a really broad spectrum of tastes - I like women dominating men, and about five thousand variations on that theme. What turns me right off is obsessive singlemindedness.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EricRRobert For This Useful Post: