Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Jan-19, 16:52
Points: 11,515, Level: 46 Points: 11,515, Level: 46 Points: 11,515, Level: 46
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Default Mixed offerings from Judell and her jobbers.

Doesnt anybody like Judell's mixed films and videos?I had collected all of them,my first being her match with John Pofahl in 1976.Her jobbers have been overlooked in these pages and my 2 faves were Jim Heim and Rod Fead.Just imagine those guys getting fan letters today from Judell devotees.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bizyz For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jan-19, 00:16
Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,056 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Mixed offerings from Judell and her jobbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizyz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Doesnt anybody like Judell's mixed films and videos?I had collected all of them,my first being her match with John Pofahl in 1976.Her jobbers have been overlooked in these pages and my 2 faves were Jim Heim and Rod Fead.Just imagine those guys getting fan letters today from Judell devotees.
John Pofahl is actually her brother. She never made a secret of her maiden name, so I thought it odd she never referred to him as her sibling, in the early days or even when he wrestled some chubby ladies he brought to the Montana (or was it Washington?) Amazon....
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jan-19, 00:38
Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

It’s interesting that John was her brother. After all these years I am still learning more about the old Amazon. The old Amazon is like an iceberg, we only got to see about 10% of it and the other 90% was out of sight under water.
But it was life changing, for me anyway. We are still enjoying chatting about the matches 30 - 40 years later.
Yes I enjoyed the mixed matches, I remember some of the guys working up a good sweat while they were getting worked over.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKgrappler For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jan-19, 01:17
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It’s interesting that John was her brother. After all these years I am still learning more about the old Amazon. The old Amazon is like an iceberg, we only got to see about 10% of it and the other 90% was out of sight under water.
But it was life changing, for me anyway. We are still enjoying chatting about the matches 30 - 40 years later.
Yes I enjoyed the mixed matches, I remember some of the guys working up a good sweat while they were getting worked over.
The mixed matches that Judell produced, particularly at The Amazon in California, were not "session wrestling" matches as we know the term today. The guys that took part in them were almost exclusively boyfriends of some of the girls who wrestled at The Amazon, and of course Judell's son Jack Jnr. There was no arrangement where guys could contact Judell and book a session with the girl of their choice. In fact if you go back to the interview with Judell, one of the questions was about session wrestling, and from Judell's response she clearly did not understand what the term "session wrestling" meant.

You are so right about it being life changing when we found out about The Amazon, and the fact we still enjoy chatting about it is a testament to the quality of the product, and of course the fact that even in liberal California, having girls wrestle competitively in bikinis in the 70s and 80s was still "Out There".

As for me, I have never been a fan of mixed wrestling so my Judell collection contains all the fem v fem matches but only maybe 1 or 2 of the mixed matches where they happened to be on the same tape as a fem match.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian270446 For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jan-19, 17:40
Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I know one of the session wrestlers that was active in the 90’s. She contacted Judell when she was planning a trip to Seattle and tried to take to Judell about setting up some sessions at the Washington Amazon. Judell had NO interest in this activity and didn’t even what to talk about it. The session wrestler told me she was surprised by Judell’s reaction to her questions. I told her that Judell’s reaction was probably rooted in the days way back when the California Amazon got raided by the cops. It’s hard to believe that the cops ever did that - boy has the world changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKgrappler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Feb-19, 03:28
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I know one of the session wrestlers that was active in the 90’s. She contacted Judell when she was planning a trip to Seattle and tried to take to Judell about setting up some sessions at the Washington Amazon. Judell had NO interest in this activity and didn’t even what to talk about it. The session wrestler told me she was surprised by Judell’s reaction to her questions. I told her that Judell’s reaction was probably rooted in the days way back when the California Amazon got raided by the cops. It’s hard to believe that the cops ever did that - boy has the world changed.
The first half of your post totally supports my comments about mixed matches at The Amazon. As for Judell's reaction to your session wrestler friend, I think it was based on a view formed years before The Amazon in California got raided by the cops. Her view, and I suspect the view of many of the girls, was that the mixed matches were a bit of fun for the girls to test their strength and skills against their boy friends, or boy friends of some of the other girls, but there was little or no interest in wrestling guys outside of that group.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian270446 For This Useful Post: