Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 02-Mar-19, 12:17
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Default Different ways of paying for a session ?

I was saddened to read that Warrior Amazone got her wallet stolen in Manchester with a lot of cash from sessions she did [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Itīs always something that I was worried about when the girls travel and obviously have a lot of cash with them, as well as when I travel somewhere to have several sessions.

So I was wondering if there could be a different form of payment for sessions, other than cash, to avoid both to carry the money in cash, especially for women doing long tours.
Any ideas ?

There is obviously PayPal, I use it sometimes for a deposit, but itīs quite expensive with a bad exchange rate, and I am not sure if itīs easy and free of charge to withdraw afterwards ?
In addition one woman once told me that she had trouble with them.
Old 02-Mar-19, 17:19
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Different ways of paying for a session ?

That happened to a well known US wrestler maybe 20 years ago. I suspect someone who knew she was travelling with cash targeted her and stole her bag at the airport as she was on her way home from Paris. She lost not only all her cash from the trip but other stuff as well including her passport. She had to go to the police and described it as a nightmare.

She described it as her bag just being gone in like 1 second when she looked away. Recognizable women carrying cash is a risk. Travelers checks or money orders might be more secure and could work, but I'm not an expert in such things. I'm not sure it happens often enough that ladies would be comfortable switching from cash either, but, just speculating.
Old 02-Mar-19, 17:22
Anji
This message has been deleted by Anji.
Old 02-Mar-19, 17:47
Last Achievements

Traveller checks used to be very popular in the 90s, but nowadays in the digital era I donīt think they still are. In my country for example banks donīt sell or pay them cash anymore.

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That happened to a well known US wrestler maybe 20 years ago. I suspect someone who knew she was travelling with cash targeted her and stole her bag at the airport as she was on her way home from Paris. She lost not only all her cash from the trip but other stuff as well including her passport. She had to go to the police and described it as a nightmare.

She described it as her bag just being gone in like 1 second when she looked away. Recognizable women carrying cash is a risk. Travelers checks or money orders might be more secure and could work, but I'm not an expert in such things. I'm not sure it happens often enough that ladies would be comfortable switching from cash either, but, just speculating.
Yes you are right, if you know the person and why she was travelling, the thief could easily imagine she was carrying a lot of money.
Considering this fact, itīs good that at least it didnīt happen more often so far. Of course we never know for sure, not everybody may post it.

Last edited by Juvi; 02-Mar-19 at 17:46.
Old 02-Mar-19, 18:07
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

For those of us who travel a lot this is just stuff you learn, something might still happen but the only way you'll feel bad about it is if you know you could've been more careful. Know which hotels give you a safe and leave your things in it most of the time. Only carry a bit more cash than you think you'll need to pay for your meal/movie/shopping/whatever. Don't set your bad/wallet down outside of arm's reach. Have something you can wear that makes it difficult to get at what you're carrying (obviously this is harder for ladies who want to wear cute outfits, make your choice). If you run into a problem and you need something you're not carrying, usually the hotel can be called and things can be worked out eventually. At the airport, just try to not let yourself get distracted or leave your things unattended.
The problem with paypal is guys leave notes when they send money and those notes get accounts kicked off the site. Otherwise it's low risk and it's pretty easy to move your cash in a few days, but there is a bit of risk all the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Mar-19, 19:00
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes you are right, if you know the person and why she was travelling, the thief could easily imagine she was carrying a lot of money.
You really think random people on the street know traveling session providers by sight?

Nevertheless, I don't understand why anyone would *ever* keep all their cash in one place when traveling. That's basic "life skills 101" right there. Any theft is bad, but don't put yourself in a position to be wiped out so easily.
Old 02-Mar-19, 21:19
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,428 Times in 4,303 Posts

Here in Sweden EVERYBODY uses "Swish" for transactions like this.

I really would love if other countries started to use it, as it's the perfect payment. It's easy, safe, fast and no cost or fees at all.

When both users have the app, you just enter the phone-number of your friend/shop/club and how much money you want to send, and 0.5 seconds later, the reciver have the money on their bank account.

In just e few years, "Swish" has taken over payment here, and 70% of all people in Sweden used Swish transactions every week last year!!!

It would be much safer for people like session-wrestlers ut use Swish.
Old 02-Mar-19, 21:49
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You really think random people on the street know traveling session providers by sight?
No of course not, but like there are unfortunately people in the business hurting wrestlers on purpose, there just can be others that steal if they get the opportunity. In both cases a very small percentage of people, but in the example told by LicensetoKill it could have been that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepkick [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I really would love if other countries started to use it, as it's the perfect payment. It's easy, safe, fast and no cost or fees at all.

When both users have the app, you just enter the phone-number of your friend/shop/club and how much money you want to send, and 0.5 seconds later, the reciver have the money on their bank account.

In just e few years, "Swish" has taken over payment here, and 70% of all people in Sweden used Swish transactions every week last year!!!

Thatīs the kind of payment service I had in mind, I have a similar App, but I think at the moment itīs unfortunately limited to the respective country, so not an option (for now at least).
The Following User Says Thank You to Juvi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Mar-19, 06:52
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I pay by cash, check or credit card, whichever the wrestler prefers. I prefer the latter two since that way, I don't have to carry a large amount of cash on my person.
Old 03-Mar-19, 09:06
Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepkick [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Bank accounts are not anonymous and most guys and session providers want to keep their name secret.

Also in my country banks do big data analyses and (large) amounts of money coming in from different countries is suspicious.
Old 03-Mar-19, 17:17
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

If you carry around a lot of cash, using meoney belts things like that help. Bit inconvenient but not a big issuue if you just used it for carring moneay that u do not use for paying when on the trip.