Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Jul-14, 11:33
Points: 12,119, Level: 47 Points: 12,119, Level: 47 Points: 12,119, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,055 Times in 111 Posts
Default Your earliest memories.

Mention of Swish Publications production of all those mags featuring our interest reminded me that many fans first interest was aroused not by A.I.A.but a much earlier pocket sized mag,Accord which devoted a small part to women in combat.
A friend of mine reminded me that he first purchased a copy from Swish's first shop in Newport Court,Soho which closed many years back during the redevelopment of the area.
Also of interest if you look at the index pictured one of the articles features boxing in Cleethorpes,the previously mentioned Sue v Vickie Montrose bout.
I don't know if anyone still as copies of Accord,they could be collectors items or even worth money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accord.jpg (110.4 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (179.5 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (118.3 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Klaus; 30-Jul-14 at 11:37. Reason: missed pics
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Klaus For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jul-14, 11:44
Points: 8,021, Level: 38 Points: 8,021, Level: 38 Points: 8,021, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Your earliest memories.

Great and highly informative post, Klaus, many thanks; it would be great to see some photos of the Susanne v Bella wrestling bout.
Old 30-Jul-14, 12:52
Banned
Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55
Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mention of Swish Publications production of all those mags featuring our interest reminded me that many fans first interest was aroused not by A.I.A.but a much earlier pocket sized mag,Accord which devoted a small part to women in combat.
A friend of mine reminded me that he first purchased a copy from Swish's first shop in Newport Court,Soho which closed many years back during the redevelopment of the area.
Also of interest if you look at the index pictured one of the articles features boxing in Cleethorpes,the previously mentioned Sue v Vickie Montrose bout.
I don't know if anyone still as copies of Accord,they could be collectors items or even worth money.
They are worth money. Any vintage female wrestling magazines or pics are worth good money because they are always rare. I also had a bunch of old but not too old bdsm mags and they sold easy and surprisingly well.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruce911187 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jul-14, 13:04
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,654 Times in 9,926 Posts

Wow! Never heard about it before!
One is on sale now on eBay: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Two copies were sold recently for $10:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-14, 18:11
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,231 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Great stuff. I remember an old AIA or maybe CLAWS or whatever the other Brit mag was had an advert for a company that would have been around mid-70s. There was a photo of what looked to be a super-hot mixed match. The girl was just beautiful, and the guy had the upper hand in the pic, though my guess is she tamed him by the end of the film. Always wanted to see that film, but of course never got the chance. I remember Monty Python's Wife Swapping episode had Carol Cleveland and Connie Booth wrestling in lingerie on a bed just like in an old 8mm wrestling film. I thought one of the Pythons must be one of us. Check out 6:05-08 in the bottom right corner. Actually, there were about 30 seconds in the show, but that's all I could find on the Net.

Old 05-Aug-14, 14:06
Last Achievements

"Accord" like "Madame", seemed to cater for fans of corporal punishment and cross-dressing, whilst later mags such as "Women Wrestling" and the Swish stable of "Amazons in Action", "Aggressive Women", "Claws" and "Fighting Girls Monthly" plus "Wildcats" were more tailored to those of us who appreciate womens and mixed wrestling. "Sadie Stern" and some other BDSM magazines occasionally had some grappling pictorials and I remember "Pics Unlimited" from Swish's SE1 outlet which featured snaps of f v f and mixed wrestling action (the latter featuring the infamous Michael) which went for 50p a go. and, wow, I would love to see some of those photos again !
Old 06-Aug-14, 23:09
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,231 Times in 492 Posts

I always wondered if Carol Cleveland was the girl in a wrestling film from maybe the mid-60s. The girl looks just like her, only her hair is dark. It's either Peerless or maybe Crystal Classics sold it. Her opponent is a South American-looking spy. Really sexy catfight, and the girl who looks just like Carol Cleveland is super hot. You can see Carol was a brunette in her early years, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if an aspiring model/actress was willing to make some much-needed money to make a catfight/wrestling film.

The Following User Says Thank You to brsimmons For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-14, 23:34
Points: 12,119, Level: 47 Points: 12,119, Level: 47 Points: 12,119, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,055 Times in 111 Posts

While I have no knowledge of this particular actress it is well documented by more than one of his biographers that the King himself was known to invite actress's to Gracelands where they would strip off to bikinis and wrestle for his pleasure.
Old 07-Aug-14, 13:35
Last Achievements

Swish also produced a few special magazines, "Dominant Squatting Hussies" and "Women with a Vengeance" I recall with fondness, "Just for Kicks" was another, but that mainly featured kick boxing, surprisingly enough, and I prefer wrestling.
Old 30-Jun-18, 21:52
Points: 3,348, Level: 24 Points: 3,348, Level: 24 Points: 3,348, Level: 24
Last Achievements

As a 10-11 year old in the late 70s I remember. Wrestling magazines advertising mixed wrestling and pictures of women overpowering men.....caught my attention even at that age
The Following User Says Thank You to beachdude80 For This Useful Post: