Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Apr-16, 21:31
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Heart Let's help Tomiko!

Dear Forum,

Tomiko is asking for help with her jaw surgery -
HTML Code:
https://www.gofundme.com/zdz6fsu4
Please copy & paste the above link to your browser's address bar in order to open the fundraiser page. I don't want to hotlink to it from the forum since I think gofundme dislikes links from "suspicious sites". You can also find the link to it on Tomiko's FaceBook page - [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].
Direct link to her post with the fundraiser link: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
--- corresponding post on Twitter: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Direct link to her post about insurance company rejection on 14/Apr: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
They appeal insurance company's first decision on 10/Mar: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Insurance company original rejection on 10/Mar: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Visit to doctor and MRI results on 10/Feb: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
--- corresponding post on Twitter: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Her post about making MRI on 29/Jan: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
First visit to doctor on 30/Dec/2015: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The injury was caused during May/2015 Femwrestle event. I was there and saw her matches. She had a problem with the movement of the jaw at first, but didn't take it seriously. However, nobody would have guessed the extent of the injury.

To the Germans among us, please share this information at the German board. Hopefully, we can help her raise the amount required. Also, I'm sure the organizer of that event would be willing to help her out, at least partially.

I have only met Tomiko for a very brief period of time at the said event, but I can honestly say she is one of my favorite ladies of our scene. She has an absolutely amazingly positive personality, and a beautiful wide sincere smile - one in a million.

Let's help her keep that beautiful smile.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Apr-16, 04:33
Producer
Points: 16,577, Level: 56 Points: 16,577, Level: 56 Points: 16,577, Level: 56
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 702 Posts
Default Re: Let's help Tomiko!

Normally I would not endorse something like this, in the past there have been girls who have tried to run a scam to get money.

I know Tomiko personally, I have been to her home if Las Vegas on a couple of ocassions and I've worked with her on videos. She is one of the nicest women I've met in 15 years in the business.

Every small donation helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rvwrestlling For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Apr-16, 11:44
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Just added some links to her posts on FaceBook and Twitter about this issue. See original post above.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 16-Apr-16, 13:37
Points: 36,001, Level: 83 Points: 36,001, Level: 83 Points: 36,001, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,802 Times in 669 Posts

I feel awful, and I hope she gets better. I never met her, but if you guys say she's nice, then she must be.

Also, we have a German board?
Old 16-Apr-16, 17:40
Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I have never met Tomiko nor have I ever chatted with her on line. I did read her blog about this, and I find it very distressing that her insurance company is basically telling her to suffer. If her doctor has advised that surgery is needed (and she got this diagnosis confirmed by a second opinion - which is always a wise move), where does her insurance company get off in telling her "too bad". I think she is better off getting herself a lawyer and suing the insurance company. She will see how fast they will reconsider, and she can claim their actions have caused her additional pain and suffering in delaying this procedure.
Old 16-Apr-16, 20:00
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavid [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have never met Tomiko nor have I ever chatted with her on line. I did read her blog about this, and I find it very distressing that her insurance company is basically telling her to suffer. If her doctor has advised that surgery is needed (and she got this diagnosis confirmed by a second opinion - which is always a wise move), where does her insurance company get off in telling her "too bad". I think she is better off getting herself a lawyer and suing the insurance company. She will see how fast they will reconsider, and she can claim their actions have caused her additional pain and suffering in delaying this procedure.
You're right about that. Insurance and disability claims are almost always denied at the initial claim. Helps to weed out frivolous claims, not a bad idea. Very often the appeals are denied also. If and when the appeal fails then it's time to get a lawyer. As my relative in the industry confirms, it's just standard procedure. Some times an insurance rep will try to settle the claim by waving around a bunch of cash to try to fool the claimant into settling for less, which they should not fall for.
Old 17-Apr-16, 09:09
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You're right about that. Insurance and disability claims are almost always denied at the initial claim. Helps to weed out frivolous claims, not a bad idea. Very often the appeals are denied also. If and when the appeal fails then it's time to get a lawyer. As my relative in the industry confirms, it's just standard procedure. Some times an insurance rep will try to settle the claim by waving around a bunch of cash to try to fool the claimant into settling for less, which they should not fall for.
I worked in a doctor's office for a bit and my experience is similar, but not quite so bad. Very often there is a denial at first, but the 2nd round, things are passed more than half the time. The trick is to get a doctor on the phone with the insurance company and/or have a very on the ball assistant to answer their questions and have all the right codes. It's a pain in the but, and doctors hate all the jumping through hoops they have to do to get it approved. May doctors have left their practice as a result of the new insurance rules. They pretty much suck.

Last edited by LicensetoKill; 17-Apr-16 at 09:16.