Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Aug-18, 18:14
Points: 55,901, Level: 100 Points: 55,901, Level: 100 Points: 55,901, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,414 Times in 1,282 Posts
Default Re: Golden Girls

Often noticed Sue, Pam and Leora sitting poolside as non speaking extras on The Love Boat television series. Sue had that memorable scream that was heard on most of her videos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gg sue.jpg (1.03 MB, 257 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kevin38 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Aug-18, 20:29
Points: 4,704, Level: 29 Points: 4,704, Level: 29 Points: 4,704, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I thought this was a well known fact. Elvis did invite girls to his suite in the Las Vegas hotel to wrestle/catfight in front of him. In the late 1950s he also dated Penny Banner, an athletic blonde pro wrestler.
The Following User Says Thank You to figamapar For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Aug-18, 23:45
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,286 Times in 454 Posts

Where can I gest the proof of that? Is there a biography of him explaining that?
Old 29-Aug-18, 04:59
Points: 3,946, Level: 26 Points: 3,946, Level: 26 Points: 3,946, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Surely you jest! I actually enjoyed the Sue-Mike match but mostly because Sue was just knockout gorgeous and actually participating in a mixed match. I agree it was good for GG, but I couldn't compare it to the stuff produced by DWW, FD, etc. Having said that, we all have our own preferences. I always thought combining the girls of GG with the action of Judell Dulong (or later DWW) would have been far and away the best company out there. It would have been to female wrestling producers what Coca-Cola is to soft drinks.
@brisimmons Let me rephrase that. I thought it would be self explanatory but I guess I need to be selective with the terminology "I still think the matches Mike did with Sue, Spice and Renee are the best ring mixed matches of their kind. They were STAGED to look like they had very competitive 50/50 action." I grew up with WWF, WCW, etc and was fully aware of the concept of Kayfabe so I knew what I was watching. I also wrestled ITRW so I knew the difference between the two. A lot of companies that identified as "real" wrestling like DWW weren't completely real either. Some matches were handicapped and others were semi-staged. What I liked about the Golden Girls mixed matches with Mike, namely the ones with Spice, Belinda, Renee and Sue, was that there was an attempt at creating kayfabe with the pro holds, moves and throws in a private pro/am ring setting. The matches had STAGED competitive back and forth battles between the two opponents with great, surprising submission endings that didn't include the usual scissors submissions. Mike was the GG wrestling trainer so he knew how to work with the girls and work the matches. Mike was a small, muscular, fit guy so he was athletic but his size made it look realistic and he and the girls really knew how to sell the moves and the matches. That's not easy to do as both opponents must have ring training. I would love to see a present day company re-create what GG did. Ring matches with a private Pro/Am look and feel with gorgeous girls and muscular guys do well staged kayfabe matches with great submission endings like Figure4 Leg Locks, Suspended Surfboards, Torture Racks, Airplane Spins, Octopus Stretches, etc. And stage/act them to look like serious athletic matches and not cheesy, over the top acting. Foxfights had some good attempts at that but they aren't creating any new content.

Not all the Golden Girls MvF or FvF matches were good but they had a lot of trained girls like Spice, Belinda, Golden Katt, etc and there was an attempt at good staged pro/am wrestling. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea. Some people like watching someone get scissored or smothered for an hour, I like the Pro/Am wrestling style of Golden Girls, American Angels, Sweetheart, Foxfights and some vintage like Triumph and Video Vortex. SLAMpegs is ok but they are too over the top and over acted or they are laughing during it so you can't take them seriously. GG tried to make their Kayfabe matches look and seem real and some of them had great results.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mwf3000 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-18, 05:03
Points: 4,184, Level: 27 Points: 4,184, Level: 27 Points: 4,184, Level: 27
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Sue Bowers was the ultimate 80s hot babe.

GG also had a couple of hot brunettes, namely Vicky and Elsa, the later also doing a few videos for Steel Kittens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xemu For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-18, 14:00
Points: 4,771, Level: 29 Points: 4,771, Level: 29 Points: 4,771, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I so remember Roselyn Royce. Very good looking wrestler. Thanks, WellHungJohnny
The Following User Says Thank You to wellhungjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-18, 15:16
Points: 11,515, Level: 46 Points: 11,515, Level: 46 Points: 11,515, Level: 46
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

To find out more about Elvis being one of us,read the 1981 biography on him by Albert Goldman.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizyz For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-18, 17:36
Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24
Last Achievements

Unfortunately, the clip (and vidcaps) appear gone from the web, but whoever shot the prematch from Belinda Belle/Magnificent Mimi really knew how to build the tension for the match. Wow...
Old 29-Aug-18, 18:04
Points: 4,704, Level: 29 Points: 4,704, Level: 29 Points: 4,704, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Yes and we should not forget all the companies that developed out of the GG, some of which are still around today like DT wrestling, Steel Kittens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf3000 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@brisimmons Let me rephrase that. I thought it would be self explanatory but I guess I need to be selective with the terminology "I still think the matches Mike did with Sue, Spice and Renee are the best ring mixed matches of their kind. They were STAGED to look like they had very competitive 50/50 action." I grew up with WWF, WCW, etc and was fully aware of the concept of Kayfabe so I knew what I was watching. I also wrestled ITRW so I knew the difference between the two. A lot of companies that identified as "real" wrestling like DWW weren't completely real either. Some matches were handicapped and others were semi-staged. What I liked about the Golden Girls mixed matches with Mike, namely the ones with Spice, Belinda, Renee and Sue, was that there was an attempt at creating kayfabe with the pro holds, moves and throws in a private pro/am ring setting. The matches had STAGED competitive back and forth battles between the two opponents with great, surprising submission endings that didn't include the usual scissors submissions. Mike was the GG wrestling trainer so he knew how to work with the girls and work the matches. Mike was a small, muscular, fit guy so he was athletic but his size made it look realistic and he and the girls really knew how to sell the moves and the matches. That's not easy to do as both opponents must have ring training. I would love to see a present day company re-create what GG did. Ring matches with a private Pro/Am look and feel with gorgeous girls and muscular guys do well staged kayfabe matches with great submission endings like Figure4 Leg Locks, Suspended Surfboards, Torture Racks, Airplane Spins, Octopus Stretches, etc. And stage/act them to look like serious athletic matches and not cheesy, over the top acting. Foxfights had some good attempts at that but they aren't creating any new content.

Not all the Golden Girls MvF or FvF matches were good but they had a lot of trained girls like Spice, Belinda, Golden Katt, etc and there was an attempt at good staged pro/am wrestling. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea. Some people like watching someone get scissored or smothered for an hour, I like the Pro/Am wrestling style of Golden Girls, American Angels, Sweetheart, Foxfights and some vintage like Triumph and Video Vortex. SLAMpegs is ok but they are too over the top and over acted or they are laughing during it so you can't take them seriously. GG tried to make their Kayfabe matches look and seem real and some of them had great results.
Are you talking about the prematch from the American Angels movie? That is not Belinda Belle, but a different blond wrestler called "Amazon" as a ring name which I think went by the name of AMY BARCROFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygote [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Unfortunately, the clip (and vidcaps) appear gone from the web, but whoever shot the prematch from Belinda Belle/Magnificent Mimi really knew how to build the tension for the match. Wow...
Yes and we should not forget all the companies that developed out of the GG, some of which are still around today like DT wrestling, Steel Kittens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf3000 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Are you talking about the prematch from the American Angels movie? That is not Belinda Belle, but a different blond wrestler called "Amazon" as a ring name which I think went by the name of AMY BARCROFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygote [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Added after 5 minutes:

More pics of that drop dead gorgeous founder of the GG

ROSELYN ROYCE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Royce-stands.jpg (131.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg roselyn royce 2.JPG (95.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg RN-collage-3.jpg (177.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg roselyn royce 1.JPG (87.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg roselyn royce 3.JPG (104.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg roselyn royce 5.JPG (46.9 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by figamapar; 29-Aug-18 at 18:04.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to figamapar For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-18, 18:50
Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24
Last Achievements

Not the movie. Their Golden Girls match tape (I don't know the number).
The Following User Says Thank You to Zygote For This Useful Post: