Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Feb-17, 10:42
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Alexa Grasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think she lost the first 2 rounds, won the 3rd.
I'm with the 30-27 judge. Alexa only got active and put pressure on Herrig in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd round. I don't think she did enough to win the round.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 06-Feb-17, 18:12
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

I think UFC will want to see Herrig vs VanZant before Herrig gets a shot at Waterson.

Regarding Alexa, she was definitely down 2-0 going into the 3rd, but I thought an extremely strong 3rd round might change some minds. Sorry, but a 20-second flurry in a 15-minute fight does not cut it.

I'm going to chock it up to her being intimidated by Felice's ripped muscles.
Old 06-Feb-17, 18:23
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think UFC will want to see Herrig vs VanZant before Herrig gets a shot at Waterson.

Regarding Alexa, she was definitely down 2-0 going into the 3rd, but I thought an extremely strong 3rd round might change some minds. Sorry, but a 20-second flurry in a 15-minute fight does not cut it.

I'm going to chock it up to her being intimidated by Felice's ripped muscles.
I think Herrig beats PVZ easily now. But so does Grasso imo, although in a more even fight. Herrig vs Waterson is a good fight, both ladies are on their way up, and the winner will be in the title picture. I know they speculate about JJ vs Waterson already, but I don't think Waterson deserves a shot at the title yet. Grasso vs PVZ is a another good one now, both just lost a fight and one (Grasso imo) will rebound.
WMMA is still new. These ladies change from fight to fight. Look at Herrig. She is on an impressive two-fight win streak after losing to an average competitor. The Curran fight was the clue. She looked like a different animal. I was quite surprised to see that Herrig is a heavy underdog vs Grasso as per the odds. Not sure where people were looking. But
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 06-Feb-17, 18:56
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think Herrig beats PVZ easily now. But so does Grasso imo, although in a more even fight. Herrig vs Waterson is a good fight, both ladies are on their way up, and the winner will be in the title picture. I know they speculate about JJ vs Waterson already, but I don't think Waterson deserves a shot at the title yet. Grasso vs PVZ is a another good one now, both just lost a fight and one (Grasso imo) will rebound.
WMMA is still new. These ladies change from fight to fight. Look at Herrig. She is on an impressive two-fight win streak after losing to an average competitor. The Curran fight was the clue. She looked like a different animal. I was quite surprised to see that Herrig is a heavy underdog vs Grasso as per the odds. Not sure where people were looking. But
All the way up to fight time, money was pouring in on Alexa. Andrade went off at -400, I believe, but should've been more like -600, while this fight should've been in the coin flip range. My thought was that those fast hands would put Felice into a defensive posture early and it never happened. I would love to see the line when Felice vs Paige is announced. Something tells me there would still be plenty of public money still hoping against hope for Paige, but Felice will kick her ass.

I love her and she is hot as fuck, but Waterson is no match for JJ.
Old 06-Feb-17, 20:22
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just curious. Where do you think Rose Namajunas fits in with these fighters?
Old 06-Feb-17, 21:17
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just curious. Where do you think Rose Namajunas fits in with these fighters?
Hard to say at this point. Strawweight is a very dynamic division in regards to some fighters improving rapidly. Wish we got fights more often. What do you think?
Old 06-Feb-17, 22:31
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,747 Times in 1,916 Posts

I'm not getting carried away by Felice's win. Herrig/PVZ/Waterson are all still fringe top 10 fighters and I think there are a lot of underrated girls floating around like Lima, Ansaroff, Kish, and perhaps the one to really watch this year, Tatiana Suarez.
Old 07-Feb-17, 00:03
Last Achievements

Quote:
Hard to say at this point. Strawweight is a very dynamic division in regards to some fighters improving rapidly. Wish we got fights more often. What do you think?
I agree we definitely need more fights. Rose was on a roll. She easily handled Angela Hill and Paige and then bested Torres. She lost a close one to Karolina or she might have been in line for a title fight. But now she hasn't fought since July. Yes we definitely need more fights.
Old 07-Feb-17, 03:20
Producer
Last Achievements

I've no clue about the logistics of the UFC and their TV deal with FOX, but when featuring women, they've got me tuning in an average of 2 times a month and I think I bought 3 PPVs last year. The 115s don't really excite me, but I checked out all 3 fights this past Saturday.

It sucked for me that she lost, but Alexa revealed there's nothing at all special about her game. She's just young and has relatively fast hands. She's a LONG way off - years - from being any sort of threat to the strongest fighters in her class. JJ might have knocked her out.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Feb-17, 20:25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've no clue about the logistics of the UFC and their TV deal with FOX, but when featuring women, they've got me tuning in an average of 2 times a month and I think I bought 3 PPVs last year. The 115s don't really excite me, but I checked out all 3 fights this past Saturday.

It sucked for me that she lost, but Alexa revealed there's nothing at all special about her game. She's just young and has relatively fast hands. She's a LONG way off - years - from being any sort of threat to the strongest fighters in her class. JJ might have knocked her out.
I agree. She would have been in some serious trouble against JJ... or even Jessica. Andrade.