Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Mar-17, 21:55
Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,500 Times in 949 Posts
Default Re: What Is The Ideal Jobber That Producers Look For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

And I think the points of not grabbin the lady, showing up on time, following instructions - those can't be underestimated. The problem I ran into most often when I did some shoots is, I tapped too quickly. A good jobber i able to take some pain.
From my end, unfortunately it's been easier said than done. Sometimes the women put up an air choke and i tap because I'm seriously being strangled. Other times I'm at 100% panic and tap because It seriously feels like i'm dying.

With armbars, I always tap because joint locks are one the few things I never mess with.

Funny enough, I've had women ignore my taps and screams and manage to KO me. On video, that's how they've managed to get around my constant tapping. Fun to look at.
Old 25-Mar-17, 22:42
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm in almost complete disagreement with that. The female star is, clearly, important to the success of a video but I've always felt the jobber was critical as well. I suppose there are exceptions in cases where the woman is so much stronger and able to overpower that it simply doesn't matter who the jobber is or what he does but those instances are rare and often don't result in that great a product anyway, unless you're into domination. And I am, but it's not the same as a good wrestling video. So what makes a good wrestling video?That's a tough question to take on in a forum where will be so many different opinions. The first thing to say is this is my opinion only and you won't get any argument from me if you have a different one.

My opinion is the video should simulate real action as closely as possible (yes I know they're all fake to a certain extent, I get that) and that's the first place where the jobber makes a big difference. One of the things we've all seen is the "magic touch", the jobber that falls to the mat as a result of the merest of incidental contact with his opponent. The fake dives that put footballers to shame. I mention that first because that's usually the first thing I see in a video that puts me off it.

The next thing, and this has been mentioned a lot, is the dialogue between wrestler and jobber. Whether it's the overly-chatty jobber, the laughing jokester, the screaming and wailing as if he'd been shot jobber or the stone-cold silent dude that literally never says a word...I fake-hate them all, fake-hate meaning I hate what they do in videos, not that I really hate them as people. Kandor, for example, is someone I've interacted with a bit online (many years ago), always thought he seemed like a good guy and swore I'd look him up if I were ever in Boston. He is also one of my most hated jobbers of all-time. I can't watch a video he's in with the sound on. I mention this just so I'm clear about what the word hate means in this context. I need to choose my words with particular care here.

The final thing is how they react to losing. It depends, to some extent on how the video is presented. If the idea is he's up against a powerhouse who can beat him easily and keep him locked up as long as she wishes, who's powerful enough to make him helpless, then I'd expect the jobber to act intimidated and maybe even a bit fearful. f it's not a complete slaughter and the match requires a bit more struggle on the woman's part, I don't mind a jobber acting rueful and maybe even a touch incredulous. As the match goes on and the jobber realizes the hopelessness of his situation, a bit of a tack towards fear and intimidation is good. Pissed off, angry jobbers don't usually work for me, as that's a pretty hard thing to fake convincingly and it's not necessary. Besides, I put these women on a pedestal and don't really care to see them get verbally abused. Not only that, the internet has made me really fucking tired of pissed off people, or more accurately, people claiming to be pissed off.

I should add that these are my honest views and a sincere attempt to participate in the discussion.
I agree with 95% of this. Like I FUCKING HATE DANTE!!! But I'd happily be his friend and buy him a beer. But I can't stand the guy in the video.

I want it close to reality...and that be my reality. My reality is if I was in a room with onlookers and lost to a girl, I'd be totally fucking humiliated. If I lose to a girl one on one with no one watching, I'd be totally fucking humiliated. If I lost to Meisha Tate I'd be humiliated. So I want the guy to be humiliated.

Now I'll add I don't mind some ***good*** acting which as Brooksie said doesn't exist. I want the guy to be a cocky dick before the match, incredulous that he's losing the first 2-3 falls where he claims she got lucky etc. Or "This isn't happening again." Then silent the next few falls and by the end he's begging and pleading because he can't take the pain.

The silent tapping, the jokes, the smiles, the wow you're strong is just a turn off bc it shows they aren't the least bit embarrassed by losing to a girl.

And I know not everyone feels like me, but enough do that just once I wish a producer would produce this type of video.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewYork For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Mar-17, 08:34
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer860 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
From my end, unfortunately it's been easier said than done. Sometimes the women put up an air choke and i tap because I'm seriously being strangled. Other times I'm at 100% panic and tap because It seriously feels like i'm dying.

With armbars, I always tap because joint locks are one the few things I never mess with.

Funny enough, I've had women ignore my taps and screams and manage to KO me. On video, that's how they've managed to get around my constant tapping. Fun to look at.
I have a video, from my personal collection, we had agreed on a number of seconds to ignore my taps and this one is quite funny cause the camera angle is perfect and she's got me in a head scissor and I'm tapping and I'm tapping and she's ignoring me. It's only like 30 seconds with maybe 5 seconds of tap ignoring, but it's one of my favorites.
Old 26-Mar-17, 08:38
Session Wrestler
Points: 12,446, Level: 48 Points: 12,446, Level: 48 Points: 12,446, Level: 48
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Location: everywhere where wanted , greater chicago area currently

a martial art background, and not too heavy (70 something kilo)
Old 26-Mar-17, 08:46
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I should add that these are my honest views and a sincere attempt to participate in the discussion.
Different views are great, it's what this thread is about. I'm a bit of an oddball I think cause dante doesn't bother me. I mean, I wouldn't say he's good but I've bought videos with him without objection.