Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 31-Aug-12, 17:44
Points: 109,248, Level: 100 Points: 109,248, Level: 100 Points: 109,248, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,718 Times in 323 Posts
Default Male vs Female Punching Contest

I don't know if this was posted here before but this is an interesting video showing a punching contest between former boxer and kickboxer Lucia Rijker (that's the lady who once had a real match vs a guy but lost) and a professional male boxer same weight and height.

She obviously has really good technique and is capable of delivering some serious blows.
And last but not least she is a very good looking woman.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to leg_art For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-12, 19:08
Banned
Points: 16,591, Level: 56 Points: 16,591, Level: 56 Points: 16,591, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Default Re: Male vs Female Punching Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg_art [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't know if this was posted here before but this is an interesting video showing a punching contest between former boxer and kickboxer Lucia Rijker (that's the lady who once had a real match vs a guy but lost) and a professional male boxer same weight and height.

She obviously has really good technique and is capable of delivering some serious blows.
And last but not least she is a very good looking woman.

I think Sleepinbin already addressed this. It's not reliable and he said something about inaccurate and unreliable testing.
Old 31-Aug-12, 19:22
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,622 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think Sleepinbin already addressed this. It's not reliable and he said something about inaccurate and unreliable testing.
lol! She can probably punch harder than 99% of the keyboard-warriors on here. Why is it such an ego-crusher that it needs to be debated to the nth degree?

Let's simplify it........Bane, if you had a boxing match with her, you'd get KTFO.....that's all you need to know.
Old 31-Aug-12, 19:29
figure4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
lol! She can probably punch harder than 99% of the keyboard-warriors on here. Why is it such an ego-crusher that it needs to be debated to the nth degree?

Let's simplify it........Bane, if you had a boxing match with her, you'd get KTFO.....that's all you need to know.
He already exercises

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-12, 19:36
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,622 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by figure4 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He already exercises
Is that what you call it?

Old 31-Aug-12, 19:47
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Even if the testing is not 100% accurate, its still clear that she is a powerful puncher. Some other women have claimed "man power" in their punches, too. That may be pretty doable for a strong woman with great technique.

In another forum, someone claimed that a key disadvantage of women is that their reaction times generally are slower than men's. So even if you have a muscular woman like Rijker who can punch like a guy, the guy might be quick enough to connect more punches and beat her, either by wearing her down or by quick KO.

Maybe this is how Rijker lost, or maybe she just got a bit sloppy.
Old 31-Aug-12, 19:57
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I know she could beat me. But all I was saying is, it's in-accurate.

But, let's not get off-topic. Respect to her, good fighter.
Old 31-Aug-12, 20:01
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Even if the testing is not 100% accurate, its still clear that she is a powerful puncher. Some other women have claimed "man power" in their punches, too. That may be pretty doable for a strong woman with great technique.

In another forum, someone claimed that a key disadvantage of women is that their reaction times generally are slower than men's. So even if you have a muscular woman like Rijker who can punch like a guy, the guy might be quick enough to connect more punches and beat her, either by wearing her down or by quick KO.

Maybe this is how Rijker lost, or maybe she just got a bit sloppy.
She lost because IMO, men are better are better strikers. They have more muscle mass and bone density, the worlds best female striker lost to an unknown male. Which to me, is pretty amazing for the man.
Old 31-Aug-12, 21:01
sleepinbin

Quote:
yep. its an entertainment show and the testing is very unscientific.

Quote:
agree 100%, rijker would destroy 99% of untrained men in a boxing/mt match. i dont think anyone would dispute that.

Quote:
She lost because IMO, men are better are better strikers. They have more muscle mass and bone density, the worlds best female striker lost to an unknown male. Which to me, is pretty amazing for the man.
first part is true, second part less so, as good as rijker is, given the natural advantages a man of the same size with training will (generally) have i dont know if its something to be proud of. maybe thats an old fashioned attitude but i see no glory in beating up a woman no matter how ferocious a fighter she is.
Old 31-Aug-12, 21:07
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
This doesn't get at the question of power vs reaction time. If Rijker had avoided his blow she wouldn't have been KOed (at least, not then). On the other hand, even if she were a better striker, she could have lost because of the reaction time issue. You're right, in general about the bone density, but Rijker was quite muscular - did he really have much advantage in muscle mass?