Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 03-Oct-18, 18:38
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Valentina Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Rumor going around that the Valentina/Joanna fight is now off and the Bullet will face Sijara Eubanks in November.

In need of a headliner for the November New York show, the UFC paired Valentina with Eubanks because Eubanks was on "The Ultimate Fighter" TV show:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

This is beyond stupid.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Oct-18, 04:27
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Valentina Shevchenko vs Sijara Eubanks added to Nov. 3 UFC show
Tuesday, October 02, 2018
As reported this afternoon by Brett Okamoto of ESPN, the UFC got desperate and Valentina Shevchenko will face Sijara Eubanks at UFC 230 Nov. 3 at Madison Square Garden in New York City for the vacant UFC Flyweight Championship. The desperation is because it's a month before the show and there was no main event. They could have had a title match in a new division but Dana White was busy feeding his ego. So they have taken Valentina vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk from UFC 231 and moved it to UFC 230. They didn't say why Joanna is not in this match. I doubt she would be ready to fight in November. Look, they can call this a main event but Sijara should not be in a main event. And what if she doesn't make weight. Because Sijara is really a Bantamweight. All White had to do was let Nate Diaz vs Dustin Poirier fight for a new title and everyone would have been happy. Except it wasn't White's idea and he allowed his ego to get in the way. Ridiculous!

Posted by frankp316 at 8:00 PM
Old 06-Oct-18, 17:47
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As reported this afternoon by Brett Okamoto of ESPN, the UFC got desperate and Valentina Shevchenko will face Sijara Eubanks at UFC 230 Nov. 3 at Madison Square Garden in New York City for the vacant UFC Flyweight Championship. The desperation is because it's a month before the show and there was no main event. They could have had a title match in a new division but Dana White was busy feeding his ego. So they have taken Valentina vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk from UFC 231 and moved it to UFC 230. They didn't say why Joanna is not in this match. I doubt she would be ready to fight in November. Look, they can call this a main event but Sijara should not be in a main event. And what if she doesn't make weight. Because Sijara is really a Bantamweight. All White had to do was let Nate Diaz vs Dustin Poirier fight for a new title and everyone would have been happy. Except it wasn't White's idea and he allowed his ego to get in the way. Ridiculous!

A: What is an example of how the UFC harms MMA?

I will take "Sports organizations run by bozos" for $400, Alex.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Oct-18, 18:23
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Would someone be able to translate this into English, please?
Old 06-Oct-18, 19:04
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Would someone be able to translate this into English, please?

Translation: "Valentina should fight Joanna, not Sierra."
Old 06-Oct-18, 19:57
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,748 Times in 1,916 Posts

Disappointing that Joanna balked when the earlier date was presented. Makes me think her 'begging' to step in for Nunes last September was a crock of shit. She knew they wouldn't let her fight. It was just an opportunity to look good/brave/willing.

The one saving grace is that if Valentina does win, she generally likes to keep up a high pace and will probably be willing to have a quick turnaround and defend (hopefully vs. Joanna) within 3 months of this fight.
Old 06-Oct-18, 21:43
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Disappointing that Joanna balked when the earlier date was presented. Makes me think her 'begging' to step in for Nunes last September was a crock of shit. She knew they wouldn't let her fight. It was just an opportunity to look good/brave/willing.

The one saving grace is that if Valentina does win, she generally likes to keep up a high pace and will probably be willing to have a quick turnaround and defend (hopefully vs. Joanna) within 3 months of this fight.

It's odd that the UFC is tabling the stand-up war (Valentina-Joanna) to put the slaughter (Valentina-Sierra) on the New York card.

Joanna is a warrior, but she absorbs way too much damage. I wish she'd put more effort into punch defense.
Old 06-Oct-18, 23:34
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

No, she balked because she was stepping in on rather short notice for Nicco as it was, and she already had the signed contract to fight in December. And that’s the month that her training was geared for.

Joanna can’t fight at 135. It’s a stretch for her at 125. So her replacing Nunes in any fight is a pretty silly idea.
Old 07-Oct-18, 00:41
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,748 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated G [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No, she balked because she was stepping in on rather short notice for Nicco as it was, and she already had the signed contract to fight in December. And that’s the month that her training was geared for.

Joanna can’t fight at 135. It’s a stretch for her at 125. So her replacing Nunes in any fight is a pretty silly idea.
She can fight at 135. Why not? If it hadn't been for the length of time it takes for medical tests to be done (which she knew full well, IMO), they would have let her replace Nunes.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
“I just got a phone call from (UFC president) Dana (White), and of course I’m not in shape to fight 100 percent, but I’m going to be honest with you, I said to UFC and Dana, if they want me, if they need me today, I’ll step into the Octagon today, tonight,” Jedrzejczyk said on Instagram live. “I respect Valentina and I feel sorry for her. Of course, Amanda is sick. It sucks. Sh*t happens sometimes.”
This is a completely different attitude to what we're getting now.

I respect that there are differences in circumstance and a contract was already signed, but before, the tune she was singing was all about doing what's necessary for the UFC.
Old 12-Oct-18, 00:55
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post: