Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 18-Dec-16, 19:50
Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Paige Vanzant

Paige Van Zandt would be perfect in the WWE - adding some new blood (no pun intended) to the company. They could put her on Total Divas as well to get her even more exposure.
Old 18-Dec-16, 19:55
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corner Man [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I do find it interesting that Ronda was an Olympic medalist, did a bit in Hollywood, and DOMINATED her division in the UFC, but after one loss, the buzz was that she is washed up.

Paige was a runner-up on Dancing With The Stars, and has had her ass handed to her twice in her last three fights, yet she is considered a rising star.

What are people's thoughts on this?
I like Paige for the obvious reasons, mainly cause she's beautiful. I do root for her but I always thought she was overrated.

As for Ronda when an athlete has been as good and dominate as she has usually people will either love her and look forward to her next dominating performance or hate her and wait for her to fall so they can bash her. Most of those saying she is washed up belong to the later group.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Dec-16, 23:33
Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100
Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 153,794 Times in 13,793 Posts

I wished the fight would last longer......

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 19-Dec-16, 00:41
dj200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I like Paige for the obvious reasons, mainly cause she's beautiful. I do root for her but I always thought she was overrated.

As for Ronda when an athlete has been as good and dominate as she has usually people will either love her and look forward to her next dominating performance or hate her and wait for her to fall so they can bash her. Most of those saying she is washed up belong to the later group.
to be fair, ronda handled defeat very badly

part of it is the haters, but part of it is that she cracked up after losing and didnt seem to want to come back. if thats what she thinks is best for her mind, body, and wallet, thats the right thing to do, but dont pretend shes still itching to compete - shes said she plans to retire for good soon.
Old 19-Dec-16, 00:47
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj200 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

part of it is the haters, but part of it is that she cracked up after losing and didnt seem to want to come back. if thats what she thinks is best for her mind, body, and wallet, thats the right thing to do, but dont pretend shes still itching to compete - shes said she plans to retire for good soon.
I agree with everything you said but most of those haters are saying that Ronda was exposed by Holly which may end up being true but their stance is like see I told you she wasn't any good. Like all her other fights before Holly don't count.

Last edited by Ricoswrap; 19-Dec-16 at 04:02.
Old 19-Dec-16, 03:40
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj200 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

After reading the ESPN profile that recently came out, I think it was more than the just the loss itself. There was an awful lot going on in her life. Dana White has remarked that she did more promo work for the UFC that any other fighter before her. Some time away from the spotlight didn't seem all that unreasonable. Also, a year between fights isn't even that unusual for a fighter. Michelle Waterson just won after being out longer than that.

Still, it was a devastating loss and I think it's impossible to know what Rousey will be like in her return to the cage. I expect this will the UFC's biggest female fight so far. I can't wait!
Old 19-Dec-16, 03:52
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Her UFC debut walk out shirt was a signature Paige Vanzant shirt on sale on Blood Happens.com that she still gets proceeds from.
The main image on that site is blurry and several of the other images are pictures someone took of a TV screen with their phone. Forgive me if I don't buy that there are "proceeds" worth talking about from BloodHappens.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not surprised, to be honest. She seems very shallow. But, then again, she is very young, so that might be it.
She is shallow. But what do you make of the older guy begging for "credit"? His rant is both pathetic and insincere. And on top of that, his accuracy is a bit suspect in that he claims she "got her start" with his gym, even though she had been training somewhere else before. That guy is a crybaby.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Dec-16, 04:45
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], I agree, that guy comes across as a crybaby.

As to Ronda, it's sad that the face of WMMA turned out to be so immature, unable to handle a loss, crying about it all the time, and hating on everyone that brings it up. Not good for women in sports.

Ronda is domesticated now, as she says, and from the way she talks it's pretty clear she would prefer knitting to fighting any day. I think her comeback is more of a contractual thing, than a result of her desire to fight again. Her saying this is one of her last fights only confirms that.

Ronda looks in very good physical shape, and she has the skills to beat Amanda, if she can get it to the ground. But I wouldn't bet on anyone who is so emotionally unstable.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Dec-16, 01:54
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd guess because they don't need to. The choke on it's own is doing all the work and is potentially going to win the fight. Plus if the choke isn't successful and your opponent is able to free themselves, you probably don't want to have exerted unnecessary energy, particularly in your legs, if you might end up back on your feet again.
It's true that "squeezing" a submission out of someone often requires a lot of energy (high expenditure, potentially low return), but another consideration is that a squeezing bodyscissor is not legal in jiu-jitsu, judo, or freestyle wrestling. So, fighters with these backgrounds are not trained to look for that as a possible finish.
Old 20-Dec-16, 05:12
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's true that "squeezing" a submission out of someone often requires a lot of energy (high expenditure, potentially low return), but another consideration is that a squeezing bodyscissor is not legal in jiu-jitsu, judo, or freestyle wrestling.
Probably the reason I don't watch jiu-jitsu, judo or freestyle wrestling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:

Tags
mma, paige vanzant, wmma