Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Jun-16, 16:16
Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: The Life of a Female Wrestler - Financial Point of View

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfan53 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not a bad guess since she seems to hang in the pricer parts of San Diego and LA. Although I think Robin aka Fightbabe might give her a serious challenge.
What would you base that on?
Old 04-Jan-17, 21:58
Producer
Points: 9,476, Level: 41 Points: 9,476, Level: 41 Points: 9,476, Level: 41
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

There are simply a lot of logistics with travel and sessions.

And, there is still a very limited market. I think the real problem is that ladies get in, think they are going to make a lot of money, then suddenly start doing fetish things they never wanted to do in the first place.

This is one of the many, many reasons we do .99 cent videos. Sure, it doesn't make us a ton of money up front, but the key is, we are getting a database full of customers.

Our goal at the FWC is to make this all more professional as we go along. Get out of the hotels, AirBNB reservations and explanations, and have solid event spaces for rent where ladies can have cameras ready, mats, lodging, the whole bit.

As for us, the majority of session requests we get are guys who want to be alone with women or want over-fetishy things. There are plenty of women for that, but we hope to influence a newer breed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femalewrestlingchannel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jan-17, 22:16
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by femalewrestlingchannel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There are simply a lot of logistics with travel and sessions.

And, there is still a very limited market. I think the real problem is that ladies get in, think they are going to make a lot of money, then suddenly start doing fetish things they never wanted to do in the first place.

This is one of the many, many reasons we do .99 cent videos. Sure, it doesn't make us a ton of money up front, but the key is, we are getting a database full of customers.

Our goal at the FWC is to make this all more professional as we go along. Get out of the hotels, AirBNB reservations and explanations, and have solid event spaces for rent where ladies can have cameras ready, mats, lodging, the whole bit.

As for us, the majority of session requests we get are guys who want to be alone with women or want over-fetishy things. There are plenty of women for that, but we hope to influence a newer breed.
I'm trying to understand what you are saying here. But don't you think these "solid event spaces" already exist with organized dojos and sanctioned events? The aforementioned phenomena also don't provide a living for the participating wrestlers/fighters. It seems the only female wrestlers you will attract are girls that only do this for fun, not for a living. Is that part of your formula?

Thanks
Old 05-Jan-17, 10:05
Points: 4,405, Level: 28 Points: 4,405, Level: 28 Points: 4,405, Level: 28
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

There is a small top of very popular women that can have quite of lot of sessions a week, but the vast majority will only have an occasional wrestling session and for them session income is just a little extra besides what they get from their main income.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ehuls For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jan-17, 03:44
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corner Man [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm trying to understand what you are saying here. But don't you think these "solid event spaces" already exist with organized dojos and sanctioned events? The aforementioned phenomena also don't provide a living for the participating wrestlers/fighters. It seems the only female wrestlers you will attract are girls that only do this for fun, not for a living. Is that part of your formula?

Thanks
Ladies that do this for a living are generally adult based performers. Ladies that do this "for a living" generally entertain and fulfill other fetishes.

We would love for the ladies that work with us dofor a living, but as you see all across the industry, you don't see a ton of really pretty ladies entering the space.

This is because rival opportunities are much more profitable and because there is a societal stigma against women who do this. It also doesn't help that the industry created stupid, pedophilic sounding names like the "schoolgirl pin" for it's wrestling moves.

We have a lot to unwind.

As for solid event spaces, no, I'm not impressed with what's out there currently. This is not to say I know of all places, but the ones I know of are limited, and I personally don't want a dojo type atmosphere surrounding our wrestling. The goal is to combine sport and sexy.

For traveling ladies, they need all of the equipment ready to go. A hotel or living space in the same spot. Mats, cameras, padding. They need makeup, mirrors, outfits, fingerprint ID doorlocks, camera technology for monitoring.

The ladies deserve respect for what they do, it's very challenging, and in some cases the mental aspect of it all is much tougher than the already challenging physical aspect.

If you producers want to keep starting companies, and then using the same ladies in every single company that is out there, you go for it. I like those ladies too, and will be happy to work with some of them, but the industry could use a whole lot of fresh faces from my point of view.

To do this, the industry needs more fans. More businesses investing into it. Higher pay for the ladies. More attractive benefits. More media coverage.

There is much to be done.
Old 18-Jan-17, 09:29
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by femalewrestlingchannel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It also doesn't help that the industry created stupid, pedophilic sounding names like the "schoolgirl pin" for it's wrestling moves.
That name was around *long* before "the industry" came into existence.

Quote:
This is because rival opportunities are much more profitable and because there is a societal stigma against women who do this.
There are different degrees of male interest in female wrestling. With respect to sessions, even vanilla sessions will often be accompanied by this "stigma" that you're attaching to how the fetish is indulged by thousands of men around the world. The stranger element is an aspect that can't be undone, no matter how many amenities you provide. There are tons of guys who want what might be termed a high-end experience and they'll hire session providers to meet them in ultra-chic condos or hotels, etc.

The existing session industry is fine. The market handles itself and thankfully, there are very few bad actors on both sides of the equation. Not every woman wrestler in the world can make it full time doing strictly wrestling only. Some can, but there is a myriad of interests they can help a client address, which is helpful, given the number of guys whose interests run on multiple tracks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jan-17, 22:30
Last Achievements

Johnny, don't get me wrong, if you can aspire to those goals, more power to you brother.

I think potential road blocks are:
- Where is the "pool" of new, unknown, skilled, good-looking wrestlers going to come from?
- Why would "businessmen" invest in such a venture when the overhead looks tremendous for the facilities and the payroll? (Keep in mind your creedo has been to bring prices DOWN.)
- I believe I understand what you mean by "sport and sexy", but I think it is already being "sold" in the current product line. My friends that are session wrestlers are skilled, gorgeous, and popular.

There are plenty of different points of view on many, many aspects shared by the members of this site. I respect everyone's point of view and I like to hear everyone's thoughts on things because I would never be foolish enough or selfish enough to think that only my views are correct in any way shape or form. The differences in opinion are what make this MB so great!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Corner Man For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-17, 05:21
Points: 20,043, Level: 61 Points: 20,043, Level: 61 Points: 20,043, Level: 61
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
It also doesn't help that the industry created stupid, pedophilic sounding names like the "schoolgirl pin" for it's wrestling moves.

I don't know if anybody cares, here's a report from a senior citizen: For decades, maybe generations, maybe centuries, the hold in which a victorious wrestler sits on the loser's chest was called a schoolboy pin. It was, after all, schoolboys who were always doing it. And typically that's how schoolyard fights ended: with the sitting-on-chest pin. The terminology continued to hold well into the era in which girls and women were doing wrestling movies (and maybe videos). Finally, somebody in the industry apparently decided that, since we're always talking about girls and women doing the hold, maybe we should call it the schoolgirl pin when girls are doing it. I don't know who decided that. Probably a lot of people at roughly the same time. Eventually the name took hold. I remember very well being struck by the change. I would guess, however, that outside our little world, on the rare occasions when any version of the term is used, it is still schoolboy pin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cashley216 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jan-17, 19:34
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corner Man [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Johnny, don't get me wrong, if you can aspire to those goals, more power to you brother.

I think potential road blocks are:
- Where is the "pool" of new, unknown, skilled, good-looking wrestlers going to come from?
- Why would "businessmen" invest in such a venture when the overhead looks tremendous for the facilities and the payroll? (Keep in mind your creedo has been to bring prices DOWN.)
- I believe I understand what you mean by "sport and sexy", but I think it is already being "sold" in the current product line. My friends that are session wrestlers are skilled, gorgeous, and popular.

There are plenty of different points of view on many, many aspects shared by the members of this site. I respect everyone's point of view and I like to hear everyone's thoughts on things because I would never be foolish enough or selfish enough to think that only my views are correct in any way shape or form. The differences in opinion are what make this MB so great!
- All over the place. I have a database full of ladies interested all over the United States. Many are waiting for this to be legitimate. Many are "waiting" to get in shape. Many are on other projects at the moment. It's a numbers game. In time, many of these ladies need money, work, or will latch on when the legitimacy is more sound.

- I have a way to keep the overhead low, or potentially zero to pure profitability. All I need is to talk with people who have the capital that (would be preferred, but not required) are big fans of this business already. If it's anyone reading, email me and I will call you personally if you send your number and a bit of info on yourself first.

- Indeed and I don't disagree. I'm thinking of it more as a tag line. In the mainstream sense, with females, who has combined sport + sexy? Volleyball? They don't rest on that. WNBA with their long basketball shorts? Female MMA where they dress more like guys than women often? You could say Pro Wrestling, but the outcomes are fake. I think a real opportunity exists for this for certain, in fact, I'm betting everything I have on it.

And, agreed with you on viewpoints and perspective. You have always been one of my favorites Corner Man. Clear and logical. You are a real credit to the Fightbabe. Message or call me anytime.

Added after 12 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That name was around *long* before "the industry" came into existence.

There are different degrees of male interest in female wrestling. With respect to sessions, even vanilla sessions will often be accompanied by this "stigma" that you're attaching to how the fetish is indulged by thousands of men around the world. The stranger element is an aspect that can't be undone, no matter how many amenities you provide. There are tons of guys who want what might be termed a high-end experience and they'll hire session providers to meet them in ultra-chic condos or hotels, etc.

The existing session industry is fine. The market handles itself and thankfully, there are very few bad actors on both sides of the equation. Not every woman wrestler in the world can make it full time doing strictly wrestling only. Some can, but there is a myriad of interests they can help a client address, which is helpful, given the number of guys whose interests run on multiple tracks.
I largely agree with you. However, where I disagree is I think the stigma can be undone. Look at Playboy magazine and the mainstream success they had. It's just a matter of presenting it all the right way.

I imagine that guys who wrestled each other (fake) for Vince Sr were probably made fun of a little bit at the time too. But, as it became more legitimate, seeing men in little tights, wrestling at extreme close contact with kids in the crowd is no big deal.

Thus, these things take a while. Maybe we make it, maybe we don't, but we have a goal and we are sticking to it.

As for the session market, as producers, I feel we all are in the experiences business. So, my goal is to provide a great experience each time we meet one of our customers. Of course, I'm never satisfied. I want to continue to learn, get feedback, and continue to get more investment into the industry so we can do even better things for them.

I have customer surveys and I personally respond to every single one of them. Always learning and adapting.

And, I understand that there are guys out there that want fantasy wrestling, or facesitting in their sessions, but our view is that it's really too much on the borderline of prostitution. We know this because of the requests we get, we turn down way more than we take and it's been that way since we started in 2012.

However, that's why our wrestling is REAL. At least in our experience, it's much harder for guys to get aroused when they are being thrown around for real as opposed to a slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww fantasy session where everything is controlled and predictable.

To each their own truly. It's what makes the world great.

Last edited by femalewrestlingchannel; 28-Jan-17 at 19:34.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femalewrestlingchannel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Feb-17, 00:20
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfan53 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not a bad guess since she seems to hang in the pricer parts of San Diego and LA. Although I think Robin aka Fightbabe might give her a serious challenge.
I'm pretty sure Robin makes a solid living, based on sessioning with her three times, the number of people who have been repeat clients with her for many years, the fact that she has had a video business for a long time, etc. But there aren't that many Robins out there...in terms of either skills or longevity in the industry.
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post: