Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-May-17, 08:49
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Is DWW gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've always wondered how DWW recruited its wrestlers. It's amazing they did so well at that for so long.
- novelty: some of what DWW did was never done before, at least not in that format
- technology: good sales system in the 90s and a good website later to increase sales and maintain customers
- management: DWW was managed very well, organizing trips, events, tournaments, and promoted well as well, with newspapers
- the times: it was a different time back then for sales of digital products. Pre 2006 Internet is not comparable to today's, even though there are more people using it now. After the piracy boom in mid 2000s digital product manufacturers, especially those in adult industry, lost up to 70% of their income. Subsequently, vast majority of companies closed down. Online fetish market today has a vastly different landscape.

Piracy is no doubt one of the main reasons DWW closed down. I believe they decreased production in 2006, stopped in 2008, and the last video published on DWW was over 5 years ago iirc. DWW, being the leading name in our niche, could have adapted to the new age better than others, still making twice as much as any producer today thanks to existing customer base. But decreased revenue is hard to deal with on a personal level, and I believe the owner lost interest, since now he and his team had to work full time for much less income. There are many better ways to make a living if you are a good manager, which Gunther is. Imagine working 20 years in the business, with growing revenue each year, to suddenly find yourself starting all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg9898 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Which one is Hana company
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 01-May-17, 11:33
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

I was about to give more details about all that, including Hana's company, but I knew I had one chance out of two that Zweig already filled the gaps. ;-)

Let's add that Petra owns a fitness club in Czech Republic and kind of co-manages Fighting Dolls with Marek. Edita has made a recent come back, 2 years ago. That company seems out in their own world, with no presence in the web forums or in the social media. Kind of weird at this time of history.

"Online fetish market today has a vastly different landscape."
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], can you please elaborate?
Old 02-May-17, 16:53
Points: 4,627, Level: 28 Points: 4,627, Level: 28 Points: 4,627, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

3.9 Linking or promoting the following websites is prohibited at the forum:
- reseller of pirated content (R*****-R******)
Z
Old 04-May-17, 19:51
Points: 24,503, Level: 68 Points: 24,503, Level: 68 Points: 24,503, Level: 68
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,012 Times in 198 Posts

Lots of female wrestling history disappeared with that website. Not only was it a vast repository of years of superb action on all levels, but the extensive descriptions and reviews from users, the wrestler profiles, all of that POOF, gone forever. Most likely the matches will dribble out via Clips4Sale or Kontex (or maybe not), though all the flavor, the sample photos, the reviews, etc. are wiped. I had a feeling it was soon to really disappear despite the fact the site was still up long after the listed 2014 shut down. I bought a couple of the large packages (what a deal!) in the past year so I did get to see many matches I wanted. Was going to pop for one more when it disappeared last week. Happy I grabbed what I did. If anything shows up again, it'll be at rip off prices.

The other big loss in the past year was the shutdown of the AS Films/Beka website. Another massive warehouse of female wrestling history. That one went further back than DWW to those early Beka contests of mostly pins only matches with many novices then later morphing into more excellent topless submission matches with wrestlers like Mary, Renata, Susanne, Klaudia, the Belgian women, many others. All the sample shots gone, the descriptions gone, the deals gone. Their stuff is slowly showing up on Kontex but very expensive compared to the package deals previously offered. Just not the same.

I also note the passing a year or two ago of Flamingo Enterprises and their catalog.

A real changing of the guard but not for the better in general. There will never be production companies like DWW and ASFilms again for reasons stated earlier in this thread. New era.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tham For This Useful Post:
Old 04-May-17, 20:45
Banned
Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20
Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tham [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Lots of female wrestling history disappeared with that website. Not only was it a vast repository of years of superb action on all levels, but the extensive descriptions and reviews from users, the wrestler profiles, all of that POOF, gone forever. Most likely the matches will dribble out via Clips4Sale or Kontex (or maybe not), though all the flavor, the sample photos, the reviews, etc. are wiped. I had a feeling it was soon to really disappear despite the fact the site was still up long after the listed 2014 shut down. I bought a couple of the large packages (what a deal!) in the past year so I did get to see many matches I wanted. Was going to pop for one more when it disappeared last week. Happy I grabbed what I did. If anything shows up again, it'll be at rip off prices.

The other big loss in the past year was the shutdown of the AS Films/Beka website. Another massive warehouse of female wrestling history. That one went further back than DWW to those early Beka contests of mostly pins only matches with many novices then later morphing into more excellent topless submission matches with wrestlers like Mary, Renata, Susanne, Klaudia, the Belgian women, many others. All the sample shots gone, the descriptions gone, the deals gone. Their stuff is slowly showing up on Kontex but very expensive compared to the package deals previously offered. Just not the same.

I also note the passing a year or two ago of Flamingo Enterprises and their catalog.

A real changing of the guard but not for the better in general. There will never be production companies like DWW and ASFilms again for reasons stated earlier in this thread. New era.
Any chance of sharing those videos with us?
Old 05-May-17, 17:46
Last Achievements

Uploading takes so much time I don't know when I'd get around to it. I upload to a friend or two via Amazon Cloud Drive, that's about it. I actually don't even know how to share something publicly on this site. I've only posted photos in the past. Now that the site is gone forever, sharing a few videos wouldn't feel like ripping GR off so if I have time and it's easy, I can throw a few up.
Old 05-May-17, 18:02
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tham [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Now that the site is gone forever, sharing a few videos wouldn't feel like ripping GR off so if I have time and it's easy, I can throw a few up.
Too early.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 05-May-17, 22:26
Last Achievements

Fine with me. I respect copyright.
Old 06-May-17, 15:06
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:

Some of this history is worth preserving. I know you can Waybackmachine and archive.org (Zweig probably knows the right name) to check out old web pages. It would be interesting to see who on here has old screenshots, images, etc to maintain some record of what DWW did.
Old 06-May-17, 15:17
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatten_PhD [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It would be interesting to see who on here has old screenshots, images, etc to maintain some record of what DWW did.
I'd talk to the archivist, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. Here's his thread with stills from old DWW matches, in case some members haven't seen it: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:

Tags
dww mixed mixed wrestling, luzia