Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 13-Mar-17, 12:08
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts
Default Re: Newspaper articles

News article with photos and video:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Mar-17, 03:09
Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100
Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 153,794 Times in 13,793 Posts

Old 15-Mar-17, 02:23
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Two women subdue and tie-up an enraged drunk guy. Detroit, 1886.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Detroit Free Press 1886.jpg (133.2 KB, 126 views)
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Apr-17, 18:40
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Female bodybuilder arrested after violence erupts at party, police say
By Kevin P. Connolly
September 15, 2014

Dani Reardon screamed when police arrived.

Then the award-winning female bodybuilder, described online as "jacked, vascular, & ripped," cracked the windshield of her boyfriend's pickup with a kick, police said.

Later, the 24-year-old slammed her head repeatedly into the cage of an Edgewood patrol vehicle as she was taken to the Orange County Jail, a report said.

Reardon — whose body reeked of alcohol — was charged with resisting arrest without violence and battery (domestic violence) early Sunday, police said.

The alleged victim was her live-in boyfriend of three years, Ian Schofield, who said he didn't want to press charges.

Reardon, also known online as "Little Monstar" is a pro competitor for the International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness, meaning she's won at least one regional contest in a specific weight class.

Dani Reardon (Orange County Jail, Orange County Jail)

That happened in November 2012, when she was declared a Class A Winner at the National Physique Committee competition in Atlanta.

"Danielle has very pretty lines," the judges said, according to the NPC website. "She needs to improve her conditioning at the next level."

On her website, Reardon expresses her love for posing and optimism for the future, saying she is on her way to the "big stage." But she went to the big house after police got a disturbance call just before 2 a.m. Sunday in Edgewood, south of downtown Orlando, at a house on Oak Lynn Drive.

Female bodybuilder arrested 'for attacking her boyfriend and smashing his pick-up truck windshield'

•Dani Reardon, 24, was reportedly drunk and screaming when she was arrested on Sunday in Edgewood, Florida for tackling her boyfriend
•The pro body-builder was charged with resisting arrest and battery (domestic violence)
By Louise Boyle for MailOnline
Published: 11:20 EDT, 16 September 2014

A female bodybuilder has been charged with domestic violence after she allegedly kicked in the windshield of her boyfriend's truck and tackled him, police said on Monday.

Dani Reardon, 24, was reportedly drunk and screaming when she was arrested shortly before 2am on Sunday in Edgewood, Florida after hitting her boyfriend.

Her partner of three years, Ian Schofield, said he did not want to press charges against the award-winning bodybuilder for the attack or the damage to his truck.

She was charged with resisting arrest without violence and battery (domestic violence).

According to the police report, Reardon, who was wearing a white dress, was screaming at other party guests, pulling out plants and hitting vehicles in the early hours of Sunday after her boyfriend tried to take her home from a party where she had become 'tipsy'.

Police apprehended the bodybuilder as she was sitting in the car beating the dashboard alongside a man in the driver's seat, believed to be Mr Schofield.

She initially stuck her hand in one officer's face and resisted arrest before calming down and complying.

As she was driven to the Orange County Jail, Ms Reardon, who is 5ft and weighs 120lb, slammed her head against the cage in the patrol vehicle's backseat. She was booked and later released.

When asked if he wanted to press charges after being hit, the man told police: 'C'mon, it's just a girl.'

According to her social media profiles and website, Reardon, who is known as 'Little Monstar' in competition circles.

The 24-year-old, who is originally from Orlando, has been weightlifting since she was in high school.

Last edited by stymie; 14-Apr-17 at 18:47.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-17, 23:37
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Apr-17, 23:58
Banned
Points: 8,899, Level: 40 Points: 8,899, Level: 40 Points: 8,899, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,572 Times in 667 Posts

20 year old girl beats the shit out of man

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moorcot For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-17, 21:16
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Submitting

How one woman went from getting her ass kicked to delivering ass kickings of her own.
By Ottavia Bourdain
Aug 17, 2016

You enter the Renzo Gracie Academy in Manhattan by walking down the fire stairs in the back of a commercial building on 30th Street. The first thing you notice is a thick, humid wave of dank air — the end product of many people, overwhelmingly men, grappling in close contact, exerting themselves on the sweat-slicked floors of two large, matted rooms. It smells of balls, sodden rash guards, moldering clothes, and ass crack.

I began kickboxing on the Upper East Side shortly after the birth of my daughter nine years ago. The gyms and locker rooms there smelled of fresh blowouts and nail polish. Like me, most of the other women were there to "get their body back" after pregnancy or to learn self-defense. But even after I had "gotten my body back" and finished the self-defense classes, I found myself wanting more. I was hooked. When I decide I like something, I go in all the way. And what I really liked was hitting my instructors. So when they told me I should train in jujitsu, I took note.

I'd seen mixed martial arts fights before. I was a fan of Gina Carano, the actress and former MMA fighter; I thought she redefined what a woman could and should be in a way I wanted to emulate, although MMA didn't initially appeal to me. The fighters on the ground are trying to apply sophisticated joint locks or other moves, but to my untrained eye, and to the majority of meatheads in the audience booing when the fight goes to the mats, it's just two sweaty, slippery bodies grinding away at each other. It didn't look either fun or useful.

I will, however, try anything once. So I signed up, despite the potential grinding.

That first day, walking down those stairs, as the stench grew stronger and the heat intensified, I knew, in a primordial way, that I was in another animal's territory. I sat patiently outside an empty office, waiting for someone to notice me. Men — and the occasional woman — walked by wearing jeans and T-shirts, suits and ties; young and old, all carrying gym bags, headed for the locker rooms.

Eventually, a young man asked me if I needed anything. I told him I was there for the introductory class, and he disappeared for a few minutes, returning with a kimono (or a "gi," as everyone calls it in jujitsu). He suggested I change quickly, as class started in five minutes. The damned thing was two sizes too big, stiff, and heavy.

Barefoot, all jewelry removed, I entered the smaller of two matted rooms and asked if this was the "introductory class." There was, it turned out, no "introductory class." I was advised by my pitying fellow students to follow the instructor's directions and try not to get hurt. Nobody was going to hold my hand in there. Looking around at the odd collection of white belts around me, most of whom were used to being mauled by more experienced students, I could see they were sizing me up like a doggie chew toy — or a fresh pork chop.

I followed the people around me during the warm-ups, desperately trying to keep up and make sense of random commands, many of them in terms I didn't understand. I bungled every technique, my body completely unfamiliar with even the most basic movements.

And then, as class was nearing its end, it was time for "live training." In the last 30 minutes of class, you fight your fellow students — four five-minute rounds, with 60 seconds in between each one to rest. It was the first time since grammar school where "live," totally focused human strength and intentional movements were aimed at my body as an object. The moves in jujitsu are called "submissions" because they are aimed at getting your opponent to submit, which you signal by tapping. I tapped a lot.

A scruffy, hairy, sweaty dude would wedge his head next to mine, trapping my arm and using shoulder pressure against my carotid artery to shut off the oxygenated blood flow to my brain. I would tap. Then: a few seconds of breathable air as the wall of human meat moved away ... until, suddenly, the motherfucker would have my arm hyperextended, the rest of my body completely immobilized — and I'd have to tap with my free hand, hoping it would be noticed before the other arm snapped like a chicken wing.

Every part of the body, I painfully learned, was a potential target.

Arms, shoulders, ankles are isolated and attacked. Joint locks lead to escalating degrees of pain. When it becomes too excruciating, you tap. Strangulations are a special type of submission. The feeling of a squeeze around your neck when the rest of your body is powerless to do anything about it is its own circle of hell. The first time I experienced it, the pressure on the trachea alone was enough to make me tap immediately.

I developed a training pattern: confused movement, followed by a desperate scramble of limbs, and many accidental knees and elbows to the face as my fellow white belts and I flailed at each other in a sea of human sweat. And every time, someone would isolate one of my limbs, or get their damned arm around my neck, and I would have to tap.

Damn it.

All that first month, and for months and years that followed, when I walked down those stairs and onto those mats, I was determined to be the one to make people tap. I got my ass kicked every day for a long time. I'd go home with aching limbs, smashed fingers, bruises all over my arms and legs, my neck. Every day before class, I'd get butterflies in my stomach as I sat there, pretending to stretch but actually mentally preparing myself for what I knew came next.

It's five years later now, and when I walk down those stairs to Renzo Gracie Academy every day at 7 a.m., the smell of sweat, balls, and ass crack is familiar, even welcoming. Before I step on the mat, there's always a short standing bow, an acknowledgment that no one is above or below anyone else.

In a room full of people with a wide span of experience and skill level — wrestlers, grapplers, professional MMA fighters, blue belts, purple, brown, black belts — I feel no butterflies in my stomach. I scan the room with clinical detachment, sizing up potential opponents of both sexes.

I no longer panic or become unhappy when pinned underneath a larger opponent. I do not think about the discomfort. I think about my plan to counter.

My mind drives my body to a purpose — to instinctively attack my opponent first. I test their ability to maneuver against the same crushing pins and pressures that were once my greatest fear.

I know now, with certainty, that in this art, anyone can be overcome. That physical strength is just another obstacle to be outwitted, outflanked, out-strategized.

It's the last half-hour of class, time for "live training."

I look around to select a partner. Across the room, I see a new guy with a classic bodybuilder's frame. I nod and he walks over to me. We slap hands to signal the start. We approach each other standing. I fake pulling on his head and slide quickly into his legs. He is confused — as I'd intended for him to be.

I use his hesitation to quickly bring him down to the ground and pass his leg into the move we were just working on in class — the inverted heel hook. This move stretches your opponent's weak and vulnerable knee ligaments by locking their foot and hips in place and using the force of your entire body to arch into their knee — giving your opponent a stark choice between submission or crippling injury.

He realizes he's being trapped and begins to violently kick and turn, but it's already too late. I train several hours a day, seven days a week. I've been here hundreds of times, and I am fully prepared for these reactions. I breathe calmly and evenly. The bodybuilder gasps and uses all the energy he can gather for one last attempt at escape — realizing, with mad panic, that he is in imminent danger of being submitted in a room full of dudes by a woman he outweighs by 50 pounds.

I patiently continue to control his leg and tightly set it in my heel hook. He resists a bit longer — a macho thing, because there's no point; he knows it and I know it. I gently — and, frankly, charitably — apply pressure, and he yells, "TAP!!"

The sequence took seconds and seemed like magic to the unpleasantly surprised newcomer. But it's not easy. It took hours and hours of work and repetition to learn these attacks. And still, errors are made and corrected on a daily basis. But I take this shit seriously.

It has been a transformation. My body has changed, dramatically. I have changed. My husband half-jokes that he married Sophia Loren but ended up with Jean-Claude Van Damme. But there's something to that. I'm not the same person. I'm hard now, physically and mentally. The confidence I gained is something I'm proud to share with my daughter, who, like me, has been training jujitsu for some time.

In my view, no male should ever be able to intimidate or impose his will over my daughter — or any woman, for that matter. In an ideal world, women who care to should have the confidence, self-esteem, strength, and physical skills to back up that attitude. To that end, I hope someday soon to be able to teach them the things I have learned. Jujitsu has become my life.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Apr-17, 20:50
Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,586 Times in 561 Posts

Nice story, glad to hear that she improved herself, but don't understand that part where she needs to beat the newcomer male just to prove something, of course you would catch him and made him tap, the same lik you were tapping in the beggining. I trained many sports and never realized why some people are like that.

Last edited by trump55; 30-Apr-17 at 20:58.
The Following User Says Thank You to trump55 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-May-17, 06:09
Points: 4,953, Level: 29 Points: 4,953, Level: 29 Points: 4,953, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trump55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Nice story, glad to hear that she improved herself, but don't understand that part where she needs to beat the newcomer male just to prove something, of course you would catch him and made him tap, the same lik you were tapping in the beggining. I trained many sports and never realized why some people are like that.
Its to show that with training, a woman can take down in a few seconds a male bodybuilder who outweighs her by 50 pounds.
Old 01-May-17, 20:38
Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,586 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacet [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Its to show that with training, a woman can take down in a few seconds a male bodybuilder who outweighs her by 50 pounds.
Yeah, but you can still be on the ground with your ego. Everyone was a newcomer at some point...
The Following User Says Thank You to trump55 For This Useful Post:

Tags
blood, bloody, break, brutal, defaced, girlfriend, hot, nose, pulp, real life