Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Aug-17, 05:13
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Kristen Hyman, Domina Nyx, fights for job as a cop after her videos are revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubs_fan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Dude. Please. I never used the word "automatic" anywhere in saying a former DUI or drug infraction disqualifies you in becoming a cop. Point it out where i did.

It has derailed many careers (fact) for candidates who would have otherwise been accepted into academies. If those past transgressions can prevent people from becoming cops then appearing in and being paid for beat down videos is a 1000% legit reason in being denied the opportunity to become a cop as well.

This chick is not being treated unfairly, being picked on or singled out. She's being held to the same standards as others who have come before her and been denied the opportunity because of things in their past.
The Judge ruled that she was being treated unfairly. That's why he ordered
them to reinstate her. So I disagree with your statement on that as well. But, moving on.

and I'm not keen on the word "chick", but I'll give chalk that up as poetic license.

So, onto the main course. This is what you wrote

Quote:
everyone who just doesn't get that if a previous DUI or minor drug infraction disqualifies you from becoming a cop.
Disqualifies as a stand alone word implies absolute. But beyond that, we agree on the overall point and we'd just be arguing wordage and that's pretty silly - so, we agree on that it can and often does mean disqualification, but it's not automatic. The extent that it matters probably varies from academy to academy and I looked, but couldn't find any statistics but implications are that it matters a lot. A felony conviction and you can't become a cop. A misdemeanor and it's unlikely but not impossible. It does seem to matter a lot. I'm also not up on the law. I don't think most drug busts end up as misdemeanors, but . . . not my area of expertise.

In my opinion, I don't think immature behavior in the early 20s should affect the job a person gets when they're 30. People can change. Judge the person on who they are, not who they were. If the goal is the best cops possible, and I think that's what's most important. Then don't let the past disqualify too many capable candidates. That hurts the quality of the hires.

I understand why the academies would hold that against people. For one thing, it's easy. For another, it circumvents possible criticism if that person runs into a problem while on the force. But I'd say the same thing for a person booted on a past drug offense that I say for a dominatrix being kicked out. That a person shouldn't be refused solely for that reason. That's where I stand.

Kristen also, was never charged of anything. People with DUIs and Drug offenses were, so it's not the same thing.

I wonder if Zuzu will try to become a cop when her prison sentence is up? That would make for a fun thread. She probably wouldn't qualify. Too bad.

I'll stop ranting from my soapbox now.
Old 17-Feb-18, 06:56
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts
Default Domina Nyx fired

There is a NY Post article about her. Won't link it bc not sure that's allowed. But just google it. She is appealing.
Old 17-Feb-18, 10:41
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Kristen Hyman, Domina Nyx, fights for job as a cop after her videos are revealed

Anyone who appears in erotic or kinky videos should automatically assume that they will never be able to work in politics or law enforcement, or many other government agencies. I thought this was common knowledge.

This is such a strange case. On one hand, I'm pissed that a person who is guilty of absolutely nothing gets discharged because of outdated views on human sexuality. On another, I understand that the society is not yet ready to accept kink as OK. Things are changing though, and in a few decades people will look back at this case under a "wtf?" tag.

She gave an interview recently: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Feb-18, 11:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Anyone who appears in erotic or kinky videos should automatically assume that they will never be able to work in politics or law enforcement, or many other government agencies. I thought this was common knowledge.

This is such a strange case. On one hand, I'm pissed that a person who is guilty of absolutely nothing gets discharged because of outdated views on human sexuality. On another, I understand that the society is not yet ready to accept kink as OK. Things are changing though, and in a few decades people will look back at this case under a "wtf?" tag.

She gave an interview recently: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Just out of curiosity, do you tell the women you film that they may be ruining any chance they have to run for office or hold a public job in the future?

My feeling is, we should forgive most of what a person does when they are young and not use it as a reason to bar them from certain jobs. Now if a person grabs pussy without permission in their 50s and sleeps with prostitutes and runs for office anyway (like the current US President) - that's not OK, but I don't think what Domina Nyx did should be held against her. I think the courts were right. The cops got her out anyway and they're wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Feb-18, 11:34
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just out of curiosity, do you tell the women you film that they may be ruining any chance they have to run for office or hold a public job in the future?
Yes, if I'm asked about it. I'm always open about the possible ramifications of them being in the videos. I don't bullshit people. Nobody should.

What I always tell new models before the shoot, as a procedure, is that they are being featured in fetish videos, that this is content for adults, and that the videos and photos will be openly available on the Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My feeling is, we should forgive most of what a person does when they are young
There's nothing to forgive is the point. Who is "we"?

Also, please don't bring more politics into this topic than is already here, to avoid sabotaging it.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 17-Feb-18, 12:49
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Zweig the technical reason they are firing her is because she lied. Lying in your interview with the police will always get you fired. She says she didn't lie, they say she did.

I do agree if she was honest she never would have been hired in the first place. It will be a very interesting lawsuit.
Old 17-Feb-18, 13:10
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Zweig the technical reason they are firing her is because she lied. Lying in your interview with the police will always get you fired. She says she didn't lie, they say she did.
Hmm, interesting. If that's true, then we have a different issue at hand. But she says that she didn't lie, and indicated that she was a model and actress, but didn't go into details. So, maybe appeal will hold up?
Old 17-Feb-18, 13:47
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

There's nothing to forgive is the point. Who is "we"?

Also, please don't bring more politics into this topic than is already here, to avoid sabotaging it.
By "we", I mean society as a whole. Personal pet peeve of mine. I think society tends to be too judgmental. Her bosses, the people who fired her, basically, and anyone who thinks she's incompetent because of her past. Her past doesn't define her competence.

and I'll try to keep Trump out of my posts going forward. Sorry about that.
Old 17-Feb-18, 17:36
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:

FULL INTERVIEW

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Feb-18, 12:31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
FULL INTERVIEW

I like how MMAdomination got free TV time.