Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Feb-17, 02:07
Points: 29,220, Level: 74 Points: 29,220, Level: 74 Points: 29,220, Level: 74
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,233 Times in 522 Posts
Default Terrible communication with women...

One thing that is starting to bother me is the poor communication with women when trying to arrange a session.
Not only do most of them reply to an e-mail many days after you send it, if at all, but many of them will tell you to only text them.
Like many of us who do sessions, we have families, and can't be giving out our phone numbers to these women, yet so many of them insist on it.
Maybe I'm just old-school thinking with communication these days, but it's still pretty frustrating.

Last edited by marino2; 23-Feb-17 at 03:14.
Old 22-Feb-17, 02:27
Banned
Points: 943, Level: 11 Points: 943, Level: 11 Points: 943, Level: 11
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%

Default Re: Terrible communication with women...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
One thing that is starting to bother me is the poor communication with women when trying to arrange a session.
Not only do most of them reply to an e-mail many days after you send it, if at all, but many of them will tell you to only text them.
Like many of us who do sessions, we have families, and can't be giving out our phone numbers to these women, yet so many of them insist on it.
I just don't get it, and it's pretty frustrating.
Yeah, you tell em Marino. I bet it sucks on your end to have to wait a couple days for a reply as the women sift through a mountain of trash emails to find the ones that at least present a small chance of leading to a session or work other jobs or go to school or generally just have a life instead of locked onto their phones just waiting for ballers like you to get a hold of them.

And just who the hell do they think they are wanting a number? Like they have some right to know who you are and should just be jazzed to meet a complete stranger behind closed doors doing things that you can't even tell your best friends about.

Next thing you know they'll want deposits even though guys are so reliable about showing up for their appointments and not cancelling at the last minute or pulling a no show.

But you have every right to be frustrated. Get mad as hell and tell these gals.............you're not gonna take it anymore!!!

It'll give you all the more time to spend with that family of yours you're only too happy to pretend doesn't exist when you want a session

Last edited by cubs_fan; 22-Feb-17 at 04:51.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cubs_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Feb-17, 02:43
KazanaVest12
This message has been deleted by KazanaVest12. Reason: hmmmmm
Old 22-Feb-17, 04:27
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just out of curiosity. Does "I can't text I have a family" get any response?

There's always a burner phone option. Keep it at work and turned off, use it for sessions. Buy it with cash, throw it out when done. A little sneaky but no worse than doing sessions behind your wife's back. (sorry if that sounds judgy, I'm an open relationship advocate).

You could even get a burner app (different number) on your current phone if I'm reading the article right:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

This gives an idea of what they cost. Not bad, even if you have to throw one out after each session cause you don't think it's safe to keep around. Bad news, you have to buy it to set up the session so you need a safe place to hide it for a few days.

Amazon: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Lots of younger people find e-mail long and distracting. Text quick and easy, so I wouldn't judge them too harshly over that policy. I still find text rather impersonal and I'm not used to it, but I remember when people used to write letters. I still have some old love letters stored in a box in my closet.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Feb-17, 06:34
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

You don't really need a burner. You could get google voice, or pay cash for a prepaid phone and have separate login info. Or pay cash for a prepaid visa at a gas station, use that to pay for your phone. Of course your info will still be trackable if you commit a crime but your wife is unlikely to find this number. Keep the phone, throw out the sim card.

Or maybe don't cheat on your wife.

NVM, I guess L2K is calling any prepaid phone a burner. I think of a burner as something you buy on the street in cash like in those TV shows with no connection to you. I recommend prepaid instead of an iphone anyway. Smartphones track everything you do, everywhere you go.

Last edited by ed209; 22-Feb-17 at 06:40.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ed209 For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Feb-17, 08:35
Points: 10,250, Level: 43 Points: 10,250, Level: 43 Points: 10,250, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Yes, there are some flaky session wrestlers out there, but most girls want to have a number to reach you on in case you end up being a no show.

Think about their side; they want to make sure they're safe and that they have some info in case they need to reach you.

You can always tell them to call ONLY at a predetermined time.
Works for me.

In my experience, these women have no interest in being indiscreet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cooper For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Feb-17, 12:04
Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Hello Marino,

You may want to view things from the session wrestlers perspective:

- When meeting a new client, they need info because they don't know whom they are dealing with. There are plenty of great people out there, and then there are some not so great people out there. This can be dangerous work.
Reluctance to give out your info may even "red flag" you.

- In the event it hasn't crossed your mind, session wrestlers have families, lives of their own, etc. Even though they are in business, they can't provide access 24/7. I find criticism of many of these girls fascinating as they are supposed to be beautiful, have great bodies, be highly skilled wrestlers, be great business owners, have charming personalities, and be available at the drop of a hat. (Almost forgot, they have to also be as clandestine as a Black Ops Recon Team so none of their client's friends or relatives know they exist.)

- Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at "many of them" behaving as such? Is this your experience, or do quite a few people have this issue?

I have been privileged to be close friends with a well known session wrestler(s). One in particular is very close to me, and my privilege is that she is a great person, the session wrestler part has nothing to do with it. I've never wrestled with her either. She is a wonderful person and I can only say that men have fought wars over women like her. What I have experienced though, is countless and constant text messages she receives that have nothing to do with session wrestling, but are from guys wanting to make "small talk". I've seen how the business works with no shows, clients showing up late, clients with bad manners, clients showing up without funds (that is so disrespectful and ignorant), and every stupid excuse known to mankind, etc. I also know she is very fond of many of her longstanding clients and considers them friends, and she has a great many good clients that are the nucleus of her business (just as any other profession/business). THAT is simply Life. Session wrestlers are no different from anyone else in that regard.

Just from being a member here, I've seen the guys that are genuinely good guys and legit (that's the majority) and the guys that are bone heads (Zweig generally weeds them out). I also respect the fact that we all don't agree about things, and it doesn't make anybody wrong or right, it simply makes us different and thank God for that!

I'm not taking "sides", nor am I criticizing you, but I'm merely trying to create dialog and understanding. In the big picture, be patient and exercise discretion, because the really good ones are worth waiting for.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Corner Man For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Feb-17, 19:26
Points: 29,220, Level: 74 Points: 29,220, Level: 74 Points: 29,220, Level: 74
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,233 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubs_fan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, you tell em Marino. I bet it sucks on your end to have to wait a couple days for a reply as the women sift through a mountain of trash emails to find the ones that at least present a small chance of leading to a session or work other jobs or go to school or generally just have a life instead of locked onto their phones just waiting for ballers like you to get a hold of them.

And just who the hell do they think they are wanting a number? Like they have some right to know who you are and should just be jazzed to meet a complete stranger behind closed doors doing things that you can't even tell your best friends about.

Next thing you know they'll want deposits even though guys are so reliable about showing up for their appointments and not cancelling at the last minute or pulling a no show.

But you have every right to be frustrated. Get mad as hell and tell these gals.............you're not gonna take it anymore!!!

It'll give you all the more time to spend with that family of yours you're only too happy to pretend doesn't exist when you want a session
Got some deeper issues, Cubs Fan? Relax, I was making a point, not murdering your cat.

I certainly see everyone's view and opinion here (even yours, although you're being a sarcastic dick / bitch about it), and I totally understand these women take the risk of being stood up, time wasted, or wanting to know a bit more of who they're dealing with (which is why we have references).
But that wasn't my point.

I was just talking about not replying (or replying very slowly) to e-mails, which for me (and many others I know), is the best way of communication. As I've done these sessions for many years, one can manage to be reliable without having to give out one's phone number. Also, there's nothing stopping from speaking on the phone, you just shouldn't have to give out your phone if you're not comfortable with it. And if she won't meet you without having your phone number, that's her perogative as well.

And Cubs Fan, I don't pretend my family deosn't exisits, I'm just not thinking about them when I do a session ;-)

Added after 9 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corner Man [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hello Marino,

You may want to view things from the session wrestlers perspective:

- When meeting a new client, they need info because they don't know whom they are dealing with. There are plenty of great people out there, and then there are some not so great people out there. This can be dangerous work.
Reluctance to give out your info may even "red flag" you.

- In the event it hasn't crossed your mind, session wrestlers have families, lives of their own, etc. Even though they are in business, they can't provide access 24/7. I find criticism of many of these girls fascinating as they are supposed to be beautiful, have great bodies, be highly skilled wrestlers, be great business owners, have charming personalities, and be available at the drop of a hat. (Almost forgot, they have to also be as clandestine as a Black Ops Recon Team so none of their client's friends or relatives know they exist.)

- Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at "many of them" behaving as such? Is this your experience, or do quite a few people have this issue?

I have been privileged to be close friends with a well known session wrestler(s). One in particular is very close to me, and my privilege is that she is a great person, the session wrestler part has nothing to do with it. I've never wrestled with her either. She is a wonderful person and I can only say that men have fought wars over women like her. What I have experienced though, is countless and constant text messages she receives that have nothing to do with session wrestling, but are from guys wanting to make "small talk". I've seen how the business works with no shows, clients showing up late, clients with bad manners, clients showing up without funds (that is so disrespectful and ignorant), and every stupid excuse known to mankind, etc. I also know she is very fond of many of her longstanding clients and considers them friends, and she has a great many good clients that are the nucleus of her business (just as any other profession/business). THAT is simply Life. Session wrestlers are no different from anyone else in that regard.

Just from being a member here, I've seen the guys that are genuinely good guys and legit (that's the majority) and the guys that are bone heads (Zweig generally weeds them out). I also respect the fact that we all don't agree about things, and it doesn't make anybody wrong or right, it simply makes us different and thank God for that!

I'm not taking "sides", nor am I criticizing you, but I'm merely trying to create dialog and understanding. In the big picture, be patient and exercise discretion, because the really good ones are worth waiting for.
Thanks Corner Man.

Good points, and I totally get all of that. Like in my reply above to Cubs Fan (who's reply was just a tad more sarcastic than yours, lol), I do understand from the girls' point of view, but even with exchanging phone numbers and texts, who says the guy won't stiff them anyway?

I just like to deal by e-mail and I will always make a phone call to them as well, and that's always how I've done it, and it's always worked out.

I think what I'm trying to say here is "fear change!" ;-)

Last edited by marino2; 22-Feb-17 at 19:26.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marino2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jul-23, 09:18
Session Wrestler
Points: 951, Level: 12 Points: 951, Level: 12 Points: 951, Level: 12
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%

I see both sides of the coin, but there is one thing that is being completely overlooked here and why I insist on speaking with someone a few minutes before I let them up and into my premises.

It's a sad fact but today, and probably always to a lesser degree, there exists the small but obnoxious to deal with crowd who feel that having a few drinks or whatever will make them 1) enjoy the session more 2) magically make them a better, albeit unskilled athlete 3) make them more sexy, confident and all around adorable. Unfortunately, what tends to come out of this courage bolstering effort is exactly the opposite. Any attempt to be more athletic quickly crashes and burns into attempting moves that are clumsy and potentially injurious to both parties and artificially induced charm has a bad habit of turning into rude lecherous obnoxious won't take NO for an answer behavior.

So, I have made a practice of insisting on a voice call about three or four minutes or even five minutes before the actual match time. Believe me as any bartender can tell you (I bartended in college for a while) that's more than enough time to figure out the status of someone's sobriety, particularly in a situation like this where eagerness to impress or conversely, hostility, makes any under the influence person subconsciously try to appear more sober than they really are and overdo their efforts to appear charming. If I detect anything like that (and it is very rare that anyone is but better safe than sorry), I simply ask them point blank and nine times out of ten, they actually tell the truth. I have been thanked almost all of the time when I next speak and meet with the person, for sparing them embarrassment (beyond that of being found out) and for not letting them do something they will regret a day later. I honestly cannot remember when someone wouldn't give me a contact phone number or refused to call, because the availability of discreet apps is so widespread that fathoming a reason for reluctance raises a flag in my mind, even theoretically. Of course, we have our own ideas and beliefs, and I don't fault anyone for their thinking. It is simple though, with me, no speaking on the phone equals no match.
Old 09-Jul-23, 20:47
Points: 1,157, Level: 13 Points: 1,157, Level: 13 Points: 1,157, Level: 13
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%

Quote:
Maybe I'm just old-school thinking with communication these days, but it's still pretty frustrating.
Honestly, I barely ever check my email anymore. I can see why some would prefer the more instantaneous method of communication.

Also, they probably have greater motivation to keep the communication private than you do, so I wouldn't worry so much about that.
Old 09-Jul-23, 21:10
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJ [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Honestly, I barely ever check my email anymore. I can see why some would prefer the more instantaneous method of communication.

Also, they probably have greater motivation to keep the communication private than you do, so I wouldn't worry so much about that.
Text messages are not great for anything beyond last-minute logistics, hotel room number, etc. It also places a greater probability of mistake (if you don't have a separate phone for this) of accidentally sending message to the wrong person (either session message to real-life friend or real-life message to session girl). For both the guy and the girl. I once had a session girl accidentally send me a text intended for her BF.

And I have had a few times where a session girl texts me way out of band of a session. You can imagine if your wife/GF is around and sees that text message, it could cause problems. So use a separate phone if you want to avoid things like that.

Besides that, I disagree that they have greater regard for privacy in general. Some do, but many don't get it. I know one girl got pissed when another session girl tagged her personal account on IG videos of fetish shoots. Some girls share your info with some of her session GFs. Some providers have mentioned details to me (or in front of me) about certain clients of theirs (that I have never met).

Emails are instant btw. Usually they have an email client on their phone.

That said, if you're a long-term sessiongoer, you can get a 2nd phone for pretty cheap, with a pretty cheap plan.