Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jan-16, 19:34
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts
Default Re: brooksie's wrestling reviews

"Again Ariel, VeVe & others are outstanding, but if you don't understand BJJ, it is lost."

I didn't respond to this earlier because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say.

About three years ago the only thing I knew about BJJ was what the initials stood for. But I became a fan of WMMA and that led to me understanding a little bit about it. I watch fights, fight breakdown and analysis and interact on Twitter with people who do understand and even practice it.

What I am seeing a bit of in the fetish wrestling business is the stigmatizing of BJJ, as if it's a bad influence and should be viewed with suspicion. I'm not sure where this comes from but it shouldn't be encouraged. BJJ represents a step forward in women's grappling, it's part of an evolution of the sport. The fear that BJJ with "take over" and matches will become too technical and boring I think is misplaced.

Producers will always look at the market, to what they think they can sell, so video content will continue to be driven by what fans want. There's no reason why matches where the combatants exhibit the kind of skill of Ariel X or Tommi can't co-exist along with everything else that makes up this crazy scene. It also doesn't mean that's all they will ever do. I mean look at VeVe. She can grapple at a very high, technical level but she will also tie you up while wrestling, wrestle you in a giant plastic bubble or jump into a pool of jello. Training in BJJ doesn't mean you turn into some kind of fighting automaton who can't grasp the sexy, fetish aspects of the business.
Old 22-Jan-16, 19:37
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Found in my Twitter timeline this morning:

VeVe Lane ‏@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] · 17h17 hours ago
In response to an online discussion where I should NOT comment & I'm biting my tongue. In the meantime, I made this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CZStFM7WAAAnpzy.jpg (41.3 KB, 86 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jan-16, 19:41
Banned
Last Achievements

In response, I made this poll:

mike brooks ‏@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]4 · 1h1 hour ago
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] Should VeVe add her voice to online discussion?

Answer 1. Yes _

Answer 2. Yes _
Old 22-Jan-16, 22:41
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

If you don't want BJJ, the answer is simple: Just change the rules
Old 22-Jan-16, 22:58
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you don't want BJJ, the answer is simple: Just change the rules
I think you missed the point.
Old 22-Jan-16, 23:13
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

What is the point then?
The vidbiz is not known for its strict rules, weight classes, etc.
But then, if you want to talk seriously about who can beat whom, you really have to think about those things, anathema as it may be to you.
It's one or the other.
Old 22-Jan-16, 23:30
Points: 6,887, Level: 35 Points: 6,887, Level: 35 Points: 6,887, Level: 35
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Brooksie I'm really glad you've started this review section. I don't know if it's ok to do a review on your thread. I feel like I'm hijacking it and I don't want to do that. So let me know and I'll happily delete it.

One thing I've found about mixed wrestling is that hardly anyone likes exactly the same thing. My personal taste is for mixed competitive, but I'm not into super technical matches. They leave me cold. I really like some of the stuff that Zweig is doing over at Pulse. I prefer matches with pins along with submissions. I also like strong smaller girls, but muscular in a natural way. I don't mind unskilled because sometimes that means the strongest wrestler wins. This new girl at Pulse, Jane is definitely my type.

Anyhow that's my taste and I thought I'd review Emanuella's matches at Fighting-Dolls with Martin. Emanuella started wrestling with DWW and is quite beautiful but was never the strongest wrestler. However, she had that "something" that's sexy and fun to watch. She was always totally into her matches and it was obvious she really wanted to win and was very competitive. She won about half of her mixed matches at DWW.

There are very few mixed matches now at Fighting-Dolls but Emanuella vs Martin was fairly recent and both were really good matches. Emanuella was away for a while on pregnancy leave and when she returned, she had obviously been working out and is much stronger now.

Martin is probably the most skilled and strongest guy at FD's. He has beaten some of the bigger and stronger women there. However, he had his hands full with Emanuella. This was an eye opener. The first match was sponsored and was long pins to 20 only. I don't want to spoil anything, but this was a close match. The second match was pins to 10 and submissions. It's not decided until the final fall. Great matches both.

Martin is 5'9" and 156 pounds. Emanuella is 5'6" and 132 pounds so there is quite a size difference also. These are both experienced wrestlers and the action is great. They are a couple of my favorite matches.

Again, I hope I'm not stepping on toes with a review on Brooksie's thread.
Old 23-Jan-16, 01:09
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger8 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Brooksie I'm really glad you've started this review section. I don't know if it's ok to do a review on your thread. I feel like I'm hijacking it and I don't want to do that. So let me know and I'll happily delete it.

One thing I've found about mixed wrestling is that hardly anyone likes exactly the same thing. My personal taste is for mixed competitive, but I'm not into super technical matches. They leave me cold. I really like some of the stuff that Zweig is doing over at Pulse. I prefer matches with pins along with submissions. I also like strong smaller girls, but muscular in a natural way. I don't mind unskilled because sometimes that means the strongest wrestler wins. This new girl at Pulse, Jane is definitely my type.

Anyhow that's my taste and I thought I'd review Emanuella's matches at Fighting-Dolls with Martin. Emanuella started wrestling with DWW and is quite beautiful but was never the strongest wrestler. However, she had that "something" that's sexy and fun to watch. She was always totally into her matches and it was obvious she really wanted to win and was very competitive. She won about half of her mixed matches at DWW.

There are very few mixed matches now at Fighting-Dolls but Emanuella vs Martin was fairly recent and both were really good matches. Emanuella was away for a while on pregnancy leave and when she returned, she had obviously been working out and is much stronger now.

Martin is probably the most skilled and strongest guy at FD's. He has beaten some of the bigger and stronger women there. However, he had his hands full with Emanuella. This was an eye opener. The first match was sponsored and was long pins to 20 only. I don't want to spoil anything, but this was a close match. The second match was pins to 10 and submissions. It's not decided until the final fall. Great matches both.

Martin is 5'9" and 156 pounds. Emanuella is 5'6" and 132 pounds so there is quite a size difference also. These are both experienced wrestlers and the action is great. They are a couple of my favorite matches.

Again, I hope I'm not stepping on toes with a review on Brooksie's thread.
Not at all. Thanks for contributing. I've said since the beginning of this thread that I'm happy to open it up to the entire forum. I don't feel I have the right to keep it for myself anyway. I only called it "brooksie's wrestling reviews" because I didn't know if anyone would want to add reviews of their own.

So to anyone reading, please contribute if you want to. If several others start putting up reviews, I'll ask our moderator to change the thread title to "Wrestling Video Reviews" so people won't think it's "my" thread.

The only thing I would ask is that people put some thought and effort into the review. Don't just say how you felt about the video, try to give someone who hasn't seen it as detailed a description as you can. If a video's worth a review in the first place, it should merit at least a couple of paragraphs.

Mention the company and video name or number, if it's a commercially available product. If not, post a link. If it's on a banned site such as VK, then I'm not sure how to proceed. Links from that site can't be posted here so I've just mentioned the site and the account holder's name where I found the video. Even that might be veering away from official site policy, I'm not sure.

But the hope all along was that I wouldn't be the only one writing reviews. I'm fairly prolific but still only one guy so more is better, IMHO. There's been talk of a sub-forum so we'll see how into this people are and perhaps it will generate enough interest to warrant a separate section.
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-16, 01:18
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What is the point then?
The vidbiz is not known for its strict rules, weight classes, etc.
But then, if you want to talk seriously about who can beat whom, you really have to think about those things, anathema as it may be to you.
It's one or the other.
No it's not. I mean, you said it yourself - the vidbiz is not known for its strict rules, weight classes ect. The wrestling vidbiz is one big, multi-faceted basket of everything from an hour of nude facesitting to a fully competitive match between two trained and skilled women. If someone wanted to pick up on the idea of holding a competitive tournament then yeah, they'd have to figure a few things out. In the meantime, it's going to continue to be a big, sticky mess of all kinds of stuff.
Old 23-Jan-16, 02:03
Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,588 Times in 580 Posts

With this thread beginning to pick up steam, I figured I'd provide a review of one of my favorite Grappling Girls (GG) videos. Recently, GG has gone away from their athletic, girl next door type videos that brought them to prominence, but the video below reminded me more of what they produced when I became a huge fan of their site.

GG325A Sonja vs. Bill

Match Outline
Sonja wears a tight, grey sports bra and short, light blue athletic shorts that really showcase her legs. This match contains an element that was made popular by the old Flamingo Wrestling videos. Once a submission is obtained, the winner of the fall walks over to a white board and marks a point.

The Match
All falls begin from their knees as is standard in GG videos. Sonja immediately wraps Bill up in her guard and tries to transition to an armbar. Bill tries to resist, but Sonja is persistent and eventually scores the armbar submission from her back. S-1 B-0

The second fall begins once again with Sonja trapping Bill in her guard. She tries multiple times to transition into a triangle choke before finally trapping Bill in a front bodyscissors which elicits a loud grunt from Bill. The camera provides a great angle of Sonja's legs and butt working for the submission. You hear Sonja ask, "Tap?" to which Bill does not respond. Sonja then re-locks her ankles and applies more pressure forcing the submission. As Sonja gets up off the mat she says, "That's what I thought." S-2 B-0

The next fall Sonja takes Bill to the mat and establishes a mount. She applies a front choke and locks her ankles inside Bill's shins. She is unable to get a submission at which point she extends her legs and applies a crushing grapevine. Bill tries to hold out but the power of her legs and butt combined with the pressure of the choke forces a submission. S-3 B-0

The forth fall begins with Sonja once again trapping Bill in her guard. She is eventually able to roll them to her side and apply another front bodyscissor. She applies an initial jolt of pressure causing Bill to wince, re-crosses her ankles and applies full pressure forcing Bill to tap. S-4 B-0

On the next fall Bill is actually able to trap Sonja in a loosely applied guillotine. Quickly, Sonja is able to crawl through and roll to the side and apply a side bodyscissor. Sonja leans into Bill to apply extra pressure and force the submission. S-5 B-0

The next fall Sonja is able to take Bill to the ground and establish mount position. She is eventually able to roll to the side and apply a side bodyscissor similar to the previous fall. There's some playful dialogue with Bill and Sonja before she relocks her ankles and increases the pressure. You can really see the definition in Sonja's thighs as she tries to crush the submission out of Bill. She finally decides to try for a modified side body triangle which forces a submission. S-6 B-0

For the final fall, Sonja quickly gets Bill's back and applies a loose rear choke while wrapping her legs around Bill's ribs. Bill let's out "oh shit" as Sonja tightens her hold. Bill holds out for a little while until Sonja wraps Bill up tighter with her legs, leans in and forces Bill to submit from the pressure on his ribs. S-7 B-0

I apologize if this isn't well written as I'm not as good of a writer as some others on this forum. I wanted to write this review because I've seen some complain about the direction Grappling Girls has taken over the past few years. As someone who has probably purchased over 100 GG videos, I can say that you will enjoy this video if you were a fan of GG back a few years ago when they were regularly cranking out videos of attractive, fit women crushing the hell out of guys.

One final note: I saw another thread that complained about videos being ruined when you can hear a producer or camera man talking in the background. The camera man chuckles a few times in this video but not enough to ruin it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sub1.jpg (224.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg sub2.jpg (230.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg sub3.jpg (226.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg sub4.jpg (224.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg sub5.jpg (230.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg sub6.jpg (240.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg sub7.jpg (224.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (187.7 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Grap784; 23-Jan-16 at 14:08. Reason: Added screengrabs of each submission
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grap784 For This Useful Post: