Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: What do most session providers gross per year?
Well above average (120,000+) 15 13.39%
Above average (70,000-119,999) 23 20.54%
Average (50,000-69,999) 36 32.14%
Below average (35,000-49,999) 21 18.75%
Well below average (less than 35,000) 17 15.18%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-Mar-19, 19:38
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: How much do you think session wrestlers make/year?

Most make below average. If you do it full-time, involving lots of traveling, you will make average, and with time, if you get popular, above average. But very few in the industry make above average, because it's a lot of work and requires almost constant traveling. I don't think anyone makes above 120k at all.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 01:23
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I think the flexibility factor is a somewhat intangible benefit to session wrestling. They can do sessions as they please, or arrange a tour, so they can have the free time to pursue their main interests, whether it's bodybuilding (most can't make a living at it) or training and competing in mma, or even being a single mom who needs a flexible schedule. Plus being able to travel the country/world can be something they enjoy (although some claim they never have time to enjoy the cities they tour in). I'd guess that more wmma fighters would session if they could be sure they'd remain anonymous. I even suspect some have actually managed to remain under the radar so far...
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 06:21
Points: 10,250, Level: 43 Points: 10,250, Level: 43 Points: 10,250, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch1980 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I believe the top earners make 100-200k +. But its a short time window and hard to maintain that consistenly year after year.
$200k? I have talked with a few women who wrestle full time or close to it, and they make nowhere near $200k!

If they did, maybe I'd throw on a wig and some lipstick and try it myself!
LOL!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cooper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 10:17
Banned
Points: 345, Level: 6 Points: 345, Level: 6 Points: 345, Level: 6
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

They're not gonna tell you how much they make. Anyway, what they make is probably better than any other job they could do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestler91 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 13:07
Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch1980 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I believe the top earners make 100-200k +. But its a short time window and hard to maintain that consistenly year after year.
And as I think others have pointed out, that's the high end of gross income, but costs (flights, hotel rooms, and the cost of maintain the body / muscle density that is popular is no small component either. And add to that, a slip up can leave a woman on the sidelines for a month or more depending, so all in all I can't imagine anyone is getting rich at this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrassleswithgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 18:48
Banned
Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%

Who is the one on here who has 100's of videos on C4S, where she is sitting on her husband's face on a bed in a majority of them? Sorry name slips my mind, but expect they've done okay (or at least, low costs to produce & put up).

Again I expect no one tells the truth and as per my posts, 3-4X's per week and yes $40,000-$50,000/yr working 3-6 hours/wk.....
Old 08-Mar-19, 19:01
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think the flexibility factor is a somewhat intangible benefit to session wrestling. They can do sessions as they please, or arrange a tour, so they can have the free time to pursue their main interests, whether it's bodybuilding (most can't make a living at it) or training and competing in mma, or even being a single mom who needs a flexible schedule. Plus being able to travel the country/world can be something they enjoy (although some claim they never have time to enjoy the cities they tour in). I'd guess that more wmma fighters would session if they could be sure they'd remain anonymous. I even suspect some have actually managed to remain under the radar so far...
There is some truth in what you're saying, however, as with most any other business, the grind isn't easy, but it's necessary. There are a handful who've really been able to maximize the benefits of their popularity which has afforded them trips that may have taken 5+ years to save for if they were in the everyday workforce, but by the same token, those are working trips in most cases, whereas Suzie Normal leaves her work behind in order to go enjoy a week in London.

I'm glad the industry exists and for no shortage of reasons, some selfish, some otherwise. But very few of the women are able to organize and execute the sort of exit strategy that many of us might have as we advance toward retirement stage. Based on my knowledge of "things", the industry doesn't really lend itself very well to that outside of those megastars who've been smart and lucky.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 21:15
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

I have had the honor of sponsoring and traveling to a major city with a well known session wrestler. Over two days she netted almost $4,000. The one day she had nine sessions with a half hour break between each. She worked her ass off and deserved every penny she got. Her last session of the night got the same focus and attention as her first of the day. I know because I was that last session. We were supposed to go for a nice dinner that night but seeing how exhausted she was I suggested take out and we went that route. She said that was the most successful two day trip she ever had. But of course that was with me paying for the hotel, all the meals and the transportation. She also told me that there’s been times that due to cancellations she has struggled to break even or maybe even taken a slight loss.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-19, 21:24
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME !

Whatever they make, they make it for a max of 10 to 15 years at most.

Think about it: risks of injuries, wears and tears on their tendons and body structure...
Robin seems to be the queen of longevity here and I suspect that the most financially successful female wrestlers have their very personal absolute rich fans, almost sponsoring/feeding them along the years.

Another key factor?

EDUCATION LEVEL, combined with SOCIAL CLASSES/ENVIRONMENT
Most wrestlers don't have a PhD.
Most wrestlers come from "low revenue" countries or social strata.

Can you please name ONE female wrestlers who owns at least a Master's Degree, lives in a well-developed country and has rich parents?

If so, she is certainly the exception confirming the rule.
Old 08-Mar-19, 21:31
Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,500 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have had the honor of sponsoring and traveling to a major city with a well known session wrestler. Over two days she netted almost $4,000. The one day she had nine sessions with a half hour break between each. She worked her ass off and deserved every penny she got. Her last session of the night got the same focus and attention as her first of the day. I know because I was that last session. We were supposed to go for a nice dinner that night but seeing how exhausted she was I suggested take out and we went that route. She said that was the most successful two day trip she ever had. But of course that was with me paying for the hotel, all the meals and the transportation. She also told me that there’s been times that due to cancellations she has struggled to break even or maybe even taken a slight loss.
I think I might have an Idea of who you may be talking about

Nine sessions is indeed a lot. One popular session wrestler I know for example, has had quite some issues( major lower back issues, wrist issues, shoulder issues). And despite this, still travels a lot and still willing to do fully competitive sessions.