Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Mar-13, 04:01
orthogonality163

Default Safa Warda session review

Based on the two hours I spent with her today, if I had to choose one word to describe Safa Warda, it would be "chokehold." The girl destroyed me with them.

My session with Safa- an away game for her, in Philadelphia- was my first ever, which perhaps makes me easily impressed. But Safa blew me away with her informal wrestling style ("fighting style" frankly might be more accurate), her obvious real enjoyment of grappling, and her gameness for any (athletic) suggestions.

On all the mundane metrics for session wrestlers, Safa was fully professional- though her informality is evident in her writing as well, in a good way. She was very responsive to communication, chose an hotel room with about the most spacious living room imaginable short of a penthouse, and was a pro at making me feel comfortable the entire time (I frankly got winded embarrassingly easily, but she never betrayed so much as a smirk). No one should have any concerns about her approach to the non-athletic parts of this business.

But it's her wrestling ability and style that should get everyone's attention. She throws herself into it (and you) with an enthusiasm that really has to be seen to be believed. I was looking for a match with competitive wrestling, but was worried going into the session that I'd have to take it easy on little 130lb her, as I have a minor 100lb weight advantage. That belief lasted for about 5 seconds after we started grappling- she got her first, fully competitive chokehold submission out of me within less than 30 seconds. Some of the other preconceptions that she disabused me of include:

* Bikinis are too awkward for competitive wrestling
* Session wrestlers are dependent on scissors
* Headscissors don't hurt
* Fetish models who session will specialize in sensual/fantasy matches
* Actual judo training is necessary to perform judo

That last one may require some explanation- about halfway through our session, at the beginning of a new grappling fall, Safa hit me with a palm thrust and forearm strike to the torso with a smile and asked if I wanted to try judo. I replied to the effect of "Um, sure", and she proceded to manipulate me into an armbar that got a submission almost immediately. I asked her after where she learned judo, and she replied that she hadn't, but evidently that's not the kind of thing that stops Safa.

Safa took our grappling falls extremely seriously, as I wanted her to. She was having fun the whole time, but there was no toying around in her style- she went for submission after submission after submission as rapidly as she could. At least half of those submissions came from headlocks and chokeholds that she would typically apply with a rather frightening lunge as soon as I got my arms within 6 inches of her for a lockup. From that point, we'd typically roll each other around the floor, and try various muscular gambits with our legs, but I was rarely able to break my head out of her arms, and she would repeatedly power me below her and crank her arms around my head and neck until some combination of pain and oxygen deprivation forced me to tap (unless I for some reason was physically unable to tap, in which case I'd cough a submission). Safa didn't go for any scissors during our grappling- I imagine she probably would in a lighter semi-competitive context, but she said that creating an opportunity to headscissor (her specialty, as I'll get to) is tricky in practice, at least for her, and so when she's pumped up to grapple competitively, she prefers to ruthlessly apply her most effective techniques. Like chokeholds.

Eventually, partly out of desperation, I suggested that we try some boxing instead. Safa was very game and enthusiastic about this too, but not quite as aggressive. She and I boxed at a semi-competitive level, with no head shots. She, of course, hits shockingly strong for a lady her size, and in a one-sided style match I imagine she'd have had no trouble knocking me out. But our semi-competitive (same rules for both of us) attempts made her cautious, and in a body punch only match, she was frankly at an even larger disadvantage than at wrestling. But she was nonetheless impressively game to sling leather back and forth.

At little later, we even tried MMA sparring (with boxing gloves, and another no head shots restriction). It ended up being more similar to kickboxing, taking place entirely on our feet. Unfortunately, hotel rooms just aren't really a good environment for that sort of thing, and although we both hit each other with plenty of good strikes (apologizing instinctively afterwards), it didn't lead to any kind of definitive result. When it comes to boxing and other striking activities, I'd say that Safa's untrained and raw style doesn't translate as well as it does for wrestling. But it depends on what you're looking for- folk seeking sessionists who have the skills and build to go fully competitive in such activities should take Safa's limited training into consideration. But if you're mainly looking for an opponent with attitude and energy, especially one who does all these styles without a second thought, Safa will rock your world.

Safa and I also tried some scissors, and despite the fact that not much of our session time was spent on them, they were devastating. She told me that she never went above 75% on me, and even that only for moments, but she had me tapping within 10 seconds anyway. So don't let Safa's habit of dominating with her upper body fool you- she can deliver headscissor knockouts with ease. She actually seemed to really want to knock me out, and was perhaps a little disappointed when I wimped out on her and tapped a second or two before I would have gone out, several times. But hopefully that will give me something to look forward to next time.

In between falls, Safa was friendly, open and talkative- it was clear that she really enjoys grappling in particular. She doesn't care much who wins or loses, and said she has had several fun sessions where she got her butt kicked (by experienced, professional athletes). She just loves the struggle and excitement of the match itself, and it shows.

So that it doesn't seem like I'm shilling, I'll note that the one misstep that I thought Safa made- and reasonable can disagree on this- was during our last fall. We had each other in dual headlocks, but neither one was really getting anywhere. Safa just released me, and basically let me easily force her to her belly and convert mine into a winning chokehold. She may have been trying to be gracious, since she sensed that I was being pretty competitive, or she may have just needed to let the session end on time. But given that I loved being submitted by her, I felt like it ended the session on the wrong note (FWIW, I also got one submission from her earlier in the session, legitimately... she earned dozens from me, though neither of us was counting).

So, as I said, the fact that this was my first session may have let me be easily impressed. But I don't think so. I think that Safa Warda is a one-of-a-kind addition to the session wrestling industry. She's a generalist, and is good at all the things that clients reasonably expect session wrestlers to be good at. But she does all that with an unique zeal that really has to be seen to be believed. She calls herself a "streetfighter", and while Safa was careful throughout to keep the session safe and fun for both of us (chiding me about a rough throw once), it's an apt description her style- informal, untrained and powerful. I can't wait for our rematch.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-13, 09:52
Points: 3,969, Level: 26 Points: 3,969, Level: 26 Points: 3,969, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Safa Warda session review

Great review!
Old 12-Mar-13, 18:25
Banned
Points: 7,054, Level: 36 Points: 7,054, Level: 36 Points: 7,054, Level: 36
Last Achievements

What a great insight here, she looks lovely, i purchased a couple of matches featuring her and boy she can wrestle. Great review man, i just hope she comes to london sometime, she would be very welcome here.
Old 12-Mar-13, 18:43
Points: 4,091, Level: 26 Points: 4,091, Level: 26 Points: 4,091, Level: 26
Activity: 12.3% Activity: 12.3% Activity: 12.3%
Last Achievements

That was very insightful and you gave great description. Congrats on a good experience.
Old 13-Mar-13, 09:06
Points: 4,948, Level: 29 Points: 4,948, Level: 29 Points: 4,948, Level: 29
Last Achievements

As I've posted before guys, Safa is DA BOMB ! You will not be disappointed if you have a session with her :-)
Old 03-Dec-13, 15:28
Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

I completely agree with you on all of what you said! She is awesome!
Old 20-Mar-16, 21:47
Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45
Last Achievements

Awesome review!!
She is coming to my area and I have been hemming and hawing. But now, I'm more inclined to go for it.
Thank you for your insight
Old 21-Mar-16, 01:41
Points: 6,026, Level: 33 Points: 6,026, Level: 33 Points: 6,026, Level: 33
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

She's touring through my town soon, heard she's one of the best! Great review!
Old 06-Aug-16, 06:14
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Default Safa Warda reviews

This one is from three years ago. I had posted it in a yahoo group:
Yesterday I had the pleasure of sessioning with Safa from Chicago as she visited Buffalo. I've sessioned with a lot of girls over the years and everytime I've had a good session I find myself major league distracted the next day because all I can do is think about the session all day long. Let me tell you this I am big time distracted today. I couldn't concentrate all day at work as I just kept thinking about the beating I took yesterday. I've been trying to think of what to write in a review but haven't been able to come up with the words so I am just going to wing it.
What makes it so hard to describe is the uniqueness of the session. I have never met anyone with as much energy as Safa. She was on me from start to finish. If I moved to the left, she was on me. If I moved to the right, she was on me. If I tried to duck and run for a little break, she was on me. In fact we went the whole session without taking a break. She wouldn't allow it. It was also unique in many of the holds she used. I had requested some armbars and I got about ten of them. But they were different from the armbars I experienced before. I can't even describe what she did but each one of them was effective in their own way. Some brought extreme pain to my forearm, some to my whole arm and some to my wrist. Every time I would tap frantically she would switch it to a different one that would affect a different part of my arm. Her best holds were her scissor holds. She used like six different varieties and each one had me screaming like a little girl. She has some of the strongest legs I've felt. Then there was the grapevine. I hate the grapevine. In fact Nikki Fierce traditionally punishes me with this hold because she knows I hate it. It's almost like Nikki talked to Safa and gave her this information. I wish I could describe the look of delight as she looked into my eyes and cranked on the hold. The pain was unbelievable and I grabbed her thighs as a crutch to help deal with the pain. I felt the muscles in her thighs and understood why I was going through such pain. Incredable tone. I was in a simple side headlock for around ten minutes as she laughed at me as I tried to escape. My neck is still sore today. She used a two arm choke to nearly put me out as she had me locked in a body scissors. She let up just at the last moment or it would have been lights out. I always request to be pinned down and choked by hand as I pride myself on showing the girl how long I can endure a two handed choke. I lasted two seconds in hers. Okay maybe I'm exagerating a little. Make that one second. Her arms are very strong and oh so toned. I found out how strong during our arm wrestling match. I won't tell you the results but lets just say it was embarrasing. I'm in a lot of pain today and the worst pain is in my mid section which are the results of her body scissors. A part of that is also coming from a few well placed knees to my ribs as she controlled me in what I believe in MMA they call side mount. I also was the receipient of a few hard punches to the face for making a few wise cracks during our battle. Make no mistake about it this girl is in control.
Like I said before we didn't take any breaks and as the session was nearing it's end she locked on my favorite hold of the session. I always request to be hand smothered. To be honest I'm usually disappointed with most girls efforts in this area. It's kind of a weird request so most of the girls either aren't very good at it or blow it off. But not this girl. I found myself face down on the ground with my arm tightly secured by those incredably strong legs. It wasn't going anywhere. Then it happened. Both hands were locked over my nose and mouth and Safa started whispering in my ear that this was the end for me and she was going to knock me out. I was sure I could outlast her as I have the other girls I sessioned with but she wouldn't release the hold. I remember thinking what a great ending to a great session. Eventually I started tapping frantically. Safa got up and literally ran to get a drink of water and quick as a flash returned and jumped on me. Once again she was on me. Though I didn't want to I said isn't the session over. She had graciously fit me in and was only going to have a few minutes from the end of our session to the next guys and I didn't want to screw the next guy by making her late. She said, 'Oh I lost track of time.' Translation she is definitely not a clock watcher. I've never sessioned with a girl that seemed to enjoy what she was doing like Safa did. It was the first time I sessioned with her but she made me feel like she was sessioning with her favorite client ever. Definitely one of the most likeable persons I ever met. She's only been sessioning about a year. Some of holds aren't the traditional holds your accustomed to. In fact I think she invented a lot of them. But all are effective and you will find yourself in a world of pain if you don't tap in time.
Every once in a while You hear mention of a new girl that is on the fast track. One that's quickly going to rise to the top. To me that girl is Safa. I'm so glad I made that last second call to see if she had any openings.
Rick (aka one sore puppy)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-16, 23:04
Points: 7,341, Level: 36 Points: 7,341, Level: 36 Points: 7,341, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session with Safa Warda

Great review ... When you said your midsection was sore from her body scissors, did you mean your abs or ribs?
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestlefan2009 For This Useful Post:

Tags
safa review