Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 12-Mar-19, 20:01
Points: 4,900, Level: 29 Points: 4,900, Level: 29 Points: 4,900, Level: 29
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Females who train + dating ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I know when my spouse did martial arts that clubs can become "cultish/cliquish" and that many do pair up there. And because single women are the minority they may look for others who share that passion in the dojo.

Probably see the same at Crossfit too...... These activities that attract a certain type.
Interest groups are great for that. If you already share one common interest, it's easier to find common ground in other areas. But I think it makes it easier when they're coming together through a common interest and linking up is just a bonus, versus going with the specific intent of finding a mate.

I think dating sites might be the easiest way to find a specific girl these days. You can filter by a keyword like karate and easily find women all over your area.
Old 12-Mar-19, 20:29
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Interest groups are great for that. If you already share one common interest, it's easier to find common ground in other areas. But I think it makes it easier when they're coming together through a common interest and linking up is just a bonus, versus going with the specific intent of finding a mate.

I think dating sites might be the easiest way to find a specific girl these days. You can filter by a keyword like karate and easily find women all over your area.
It's my impression that women who study karate generally don't put it in dating sites. It attracts too many of the wrong kind of response.
Old 12-Mar-19, 21:56
Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Just my two cents, but I'm not sure what "stuck up" or "too good" is defined as in this case, but think about the environment. A gal goes to train, and a guy is interested in dating. She is there to train. He is there to date. It could be that these girls are simply annoyed since they are trying to achieve a different goal. Getting ignored by a girl doesn't make her stuck up just because she might not be interested. I can't speak for them, but once I take the mats, I'm all business and not quite the jovial character I portray off the mats. That doesn't make me mean, or a redneck, or arrogant, or whatever, but it does indicate that I'm a hard core karateka. When I instruct, I tell students to leave their problems, etc. at the door, and that would include their libido. Hence, my dojo is not a "dating friendly" environment, and that is not by accident. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing to want to share martial arts as a commonality, I'm just suggesting that the girls that are not receptive to dating guys at the dojo aren't necessarily UN-receptive, and may be approachable under different circumstances.
Old 12-Mar-19, 22:40
Producer
Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's my impression that women who study karate generally don't put it in dating sites. It attracts too many of the wrong kind of response.
Wrong impression. If someone puts it, they include it because they included things they're interested in. If they do not include it, it's because they prioritized highlighting other interests, NOT because "I'd better not put that, because some guy (I may not like) from malevsfemale might message me".

Our shared fetish in this forum is so inconsequential to the world. It always surprises me to see how much posters here overvalue our importance (on this subject) to the populace.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-19, 23:31
Points: 4,900, Level: 29 Points: 4,900, Level: 29 Points: 4,900, Level: 29
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I searched for terms like this before and found hits but to your point, I did also see some that immediately followed it by saying "and no, I will not respond if you ask me if I want to spar". So these questions do get asked and obviously aren't successful with those women.

I never approached a woman that matched one of those terms because of the few I saw, I didn't see enough of a match in other areas.

It's hard to find someone you can really click with and specifically looking for a martial arts girl eliminates a ton of potential matches. I think it would be much easier to find a match and introduce them to a martial art than to find a martial artist and hope everything else is compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to ca12345 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Mar-19, 00:12
Producer
Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I searched for terms like this before and found hits but to your point, I did also see some that immediately followed it by saying "and no, I will not respond if you ask me if I want to spar". So these questions do get asked and obviously aren't successful with those women.
Some guys create female profiles and use them to try to communicate with actual women. And they'll often throw in lines like that. Of all the strange beings in our shared culture, these Buffalo Bill types are probably the weirdest.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Mar-19, 19:50
Points: 3,385, Level: 24 Points: 3,385, Level: 24 Points: 3,385, Level: 24
Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4%
Last Achievements

I'd say that its probably true that the very last thing in the world a girl who trains with males wants, is to be hit on. Its already a very awkward situation so by being extra aloof she is giving you the clear hint she wants nothing to do with you in that way. Just take the hint, its nothing personal or to do with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poochie22 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Mar-19, 22:39
Points: 16,375, Level: 55 Points: 16,375, Level: 55 Points: 16,375, Level: 55
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,034 Times in 618 Posts

I don't train myself, but my brother has been training in Jiu Jitsu for 2 or 3 years now. And he tells me that the men and women at his studio hook up all the time. Not sure if he is over-exaggerating, or if he just found the best studio ever!
Old 14-Mar-19, 09:27
Banned
Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddogg4345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't train myself, but my brother has been training in Jiu Jitsu for 2 or 3 years now. And he tells me that the men and women at his studio hook up all the time. Not sure if he is over-exaggerating, or if he just found the best studio ever!
It's a physical sport and high testosterone and then too sexual tension regardless of what you think. Not surprising.

Spouse did karate and it was obvious that the singles do get together (and the problem too was married people did too, when spouse wasn't into martial arts). More serious BJJ involves rolling around for a few hours & then change and grab a drink/bite......

Aren't many female MMA fighters with others in the same field?

Last edited by lovefvsf; 14-Mar-19 at 18:20.
Old 18-Mar-19, 10:32
Points: 8,317, Level: 39 Points: 8,317, Level: 39 Points: 8,317, Level: 39
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I remember long ago seeing a screen capture or a link from a forum that was about fighting or bodybuilding with a long rant about people that contacted them for wrestling with sexual intent. They just could not conceive this fetish/interest and called people like us a bunch of pervs.