Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 14-Apr-13, 15:20
Points: 4,950, Level: 29 Points: 4,950, Level: 29 Points: 4,950, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Price of a video

I purchased a clip a few days ago and was extremely disappointed.
I like the clip but the price was ridiculous. I am starting this thread in order to know if I am the only one who thinks it.

You have to contact to them to buy clips. A clip, duration is 15~20 minutes, is 60 USD and I thought it is a little expensive. I was willing to buy since the clips looked nice and they make it cheaper if I have many. I bought it at 50 USD actually but I felt like they wanted me to know that It was exceptional.

Before I purchased, actually I didn't like the service though. I asked some information since one or two small display pictures were all I can see before I buy one. The seller didn't even know what kind of clips they have and just kept saying I will like it.

I purchased one and what I got is a clip which quality was the worst ever that I have bought so far. I could see approximately how they look like. It was extremely annoying even if I really like their actions in the clip. I sent a mail if there is any possibility to get the same clip with a better quality. They said it was a "special request" to offer a HD clip and I have to pay 75 USD. They didn't mention but I felt like I was demanding something extraordinary.

Now I am wondering if I wanna buy more videos here. What do you think of the price? I really liked the video but I won't even visit this site again.

In short, my question is "Are you guys willing to pay 60 USD for a video where you can barely see because of the quality even if you really like the action?"

Last edited by gabi; 14-Apr-13 at 23:45.
Old 14-Apr-13, 15:44
Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Price of a video

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I purchased a video a few days ago and was extremely disappointed.
I like the clip but the price was ridiculous. I am starting this thread in order to know if I am the only one who thinks it.

You have to contact to them to buy videos. A video, duration is 15~20 minutes, is 60 USD and I thought it is a little expensive. I was willing to buy since the videos looked nice and they make it cheaper if I have many. I bought it at 50 USD actually but I felt like they wanted me to know that It was exceptional.

Before I purchased, actually I didn't like the service though. I asked some information since one or two small display pictures were all I can see before I buy one. The seller didn't even know what kind of videos they have and just kept saying I will like it.

I purchased one and what I got is a video which quality was the worst ever that I have bought so far. I could see approximately how they look like. It was extremely annoying even if I really like their actions in the video. I sent a mail if there is any possibility to get the same video with a better quality. They said it was a "special request" to offer a HD video and I have to pay 75 USD. They didn't mention but I felt like I was demanding something extraordinary.

Now I am wondering if I wanna buy more videos here. What do you think of the price? I really liked the video but I won't even visit this site again.

In short, my question is "Are you guys willing to pay 60 USD for a video where you can barely see because of the quality even if you really like the action?"
Nowadays more people are buying clips instead of complete videos. Maybe that is the route you should take. In a short clip of around 10 minutes, the action might be more intense.
The Following User Says Thank You to WStreet316 For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Apr-13, 16:27
Points: 19,742, Level: 61 Points: 19,742, Level: 61 Points: 19,742, Level: 61
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,974 Times in 848 Posts

Moved to ''General Discussion''.
Old 14-Apr-13, 16:37
Points: 5,612, Level: 31 Points: 5,612, Level: 31 Points: 5,612, Level: 31
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

About $1/minute seems to be a fairly typical going rate for a download of a particular match from most of the video producers, it seems, so $60 for a 15-20 minute video is extremely high. I generally won't buy anything unless I've seen a preview clip from it and have reason to believe it's one I'll enjoy, and I'd be _extremely_ unlikely to pay any more than that.

One of the reasons I miss DWW...they tended to produce videos I like and were among the lowest price per match as well. Fightingdolls is still good, but is also more expensive than DWW was, so I don't buy quite as often.

In short, my personal answer is 'hell no', but it really depends on how specific your tastes are as what you can expect to pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Genericname2001 For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Apr-13, 01:28
Points: 4,950, Level: 29 Points: 4,950, Level: 29 Points: 4,950, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

It was not that specific. Their clips are similar to Slampegs'. The price of Slampegs clips is 10~15 USD and the quality is like you can see even the hair of wrestlers on thier body whereas you can see that he is the guy and she is the girl in the clips that I paid 50 USD. Ridiculous... really...
Old 20-Apr-13, 01:19
Banned
Points: 7,054, Level: 36 Points: 7,054, Level: 36 Points: 7,054, Level: 36
Last Achievements

I know the site your talking about, this producer is greedy. Charges way to much for what you get. If people stopped supporting him and buy his videos he will either lower them or just shut up shop.

The pictures look great but only a small thumbnail. The ladies look great, good pro wrestlers but for that kind of money you'd think the presentation would be better ie larger pictures...

Theres plenty of stuff out there just shop around, for 60 starbucks you can get 3 really good matches.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestlingspandex For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Apr-13, 22:37
Points: 6,183, Level: 33 Points: 6,183, Level: 33 Points: 6,183, Level: 33
Last Achievements

For me, if the guy you talked to was a dick, and/or the video/experience wasn't good, or as advertised, hell I'd share the shit outta that video. You can start by sharing it with me

But seriously, I share some stuff, and sometimes, I become friends with a girl, and out of respect for her, I will not share videos I get from her. On the other hand, if I had a situation like yours, and I've had my share of shitty videos, I'll share them mainly cuz I'm pissed.

Off the top of my head, I shared the Awefilms videos I bought, because of the old system they had, when you bought a video, it was write-protected. I bought a few videos, then I reformatted my hard drive making it so I couldn't open them anymore. I went to their site and read up on it. I mean I didn't think about it, cuz usually I buy a video, and it's mine. These, I could only watch them on the computer I bought them on. I emailed them and asked for help, many times, and they ignored me. Finally, I bought a few more videos and asked for help with the other ones, and all of a sudden they fix my problem. So they didn't want to waste time with me, unless I was gonna spend more money. After I got my new videos, and fixed my old ones, I downloaded a program that removes the write-protect from the video. Then I uploaded them all to YouTube.

Another shitty video I got from C4S. The pics and description looked real good. It had a guy tied to a chair and a woman with MMA gloves beating him. Well when I got the video, the quailty was PURE SHIT, and even worse, the girl was just barely, playfully hitting him. I didn't even watch the whole thing, and it wasn't even worth sharing. I deleted it.

BTW, you guys got me curious regarding what video, and site you are talking about. Can you post a link, or send me a private message? I promise I won't buy from them, lol. I wanna know what kinda video looked so good that you would be willing to pay $60 for. I can see if it was a custom, but you said you saw thumbnails of it, so I know it was a stock video.

man, I'm in a long posting mood today
The Following User Says Thank You to MixedWrestlingFanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-13, 02:24
Banned
Points: 1,128, Level: 13 Points: 1,128, Level: 13 Points: 1,128, Level: 13
Last Achievements

what about .... the Iron Price... ?
Old 24-Apr-13, 18:04
Points: 6,868, Level: 35 Points: 6,868, Level: 35 Points: 6,868, Level: 35
Last Achievements

i can understand gabi frustration here, i once brought a video from crushwrestling and it had drm on it, i couldn`t play it and when i tried it damaged my machine to the point, where i reformatted the hard drive and reinstall xp again thanks crush, now i won`t buy from them again, and the service i got from them was worthless, if i could i would shut them down for what they did to my machine, but when it comes to value how much is anything worth, bruteens is one of the dearer websites but there material is quite good so i`ve been a member with them, where as les femme fatale for example i won`t join because while they have lots of material, most of it i`m not interested in so it`s not as good in value to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to flipper For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-13, 18:17
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

They have a real nerve to charge money for most of this stuff. And the wonder is, people buy it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freestylefan For This Useful Post: