Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 14-Jan-16, 00:39
Ignore My Taps
Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,719 Times in 291 Posts
Default Re: Underground Wrestling Community and Going Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingnyc [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Guys, another thought: if you could design a one-day underground wrestling event (or party), what would that be like in your mind?
Here's a twitter post from about Noon today, Eastern time, from the Doom Maidens website.

Oh, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], unrelated: considering visiting on of the DC wrestling parties some month. Apparently they're going full swing. You in?

When I looked at the one major wrestling party up in DC last year, it was mainly a guys event, with minimal female involvement. All in all, with the late starting time, it seemed to stack up with the room cost involved, as too little bang for too much buck for me.

Has some things now changed for the good? I'd welcome a chance to meet you in person, and I am certainly not against the idea of a little show time wrestling other fellows, but mixed wrestling is my only keen interest in that regard. I'm only about a 100 miles south. Any good news to share, or PM?
Old 14-Jan-16, 01:28
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingMike [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Here's a twitter post from about Noon today, Eastern time, from the Doom Maidens website.

Oh, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], unrelated: considering visiting on of the DC wrestling parties some month. Apparently they're going full swing. You in?

When I looked at the one major wrestling party up in DC last year, it was mainly a guys event, with minimal female involvement. All in all, with the late starting time, it seemed to stack up with the room cost involved, as too little bang for too much buck for me.

Has some things now changed for the good? I'd welcome a chance to meet you in person, and I am certainly not against the idea of a little show time wrestling other fellows, but mixed wrestling is my only keen interest in that regard. I'm only about a 100 miles south. Any good news to share, or PM?
Oh yes, I made this tweet to Hanz as part of a on a semi on-going conversation we tend to have.

I don't think the event you're thinking of is the event I was tweeting about to Hanz. I was talking about the Grapple Den Wrestling Party, which is a recurring event in the DC / Baltimore area. It is hosted by colleagues of mine, to whom I passed the Grapple Den torch when we retired the NYC party.

If you happen to have an account on FetLife, I can put you in touch with the event hosts, if you would like to ask them any questions or check out the event announcement. It's only ever promoted on FetLife, as far as I know.
Old 14-Jan-16, 02:21
Ignore My Taps
Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,719 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingnyc [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was talking about the Grapple Den Wrestling Party, which is a recurring event in the DC / Baltimore area. It is hosted by colleagues of mine, to whom I passed the Grapple Den torch when we retired the NYC party.
February 12th this year isn't really convenient for me, but of course I could make it work. I'd like to time my visit to one of these parties when you come down with a fun crew from New York. I'll touch base ahead of time then so I can get that direct contact info for the hosts. I'm sure I will appreciate any helpful hints and advice that they can give.

Thank you so much for your up to date tip.
Old 14-Jan-16, 02:26
Points: 3,368, Level: 24 Points: 3,368, Level: 24 Points: 3,368, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezer6 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've never attending a live event, but kind of dark and clubby sounds great to me.

The whole point of a man and woman wrestling is the erotic charge it generates in most of us, isn't it? A dark, moody atmosphere would only enhance that for me. For music I'd take some cool trumpet jazz, like Miles Davis. Always had an underground feel to it for me.
I agree totally except for music I would have to side with something more electronica or modern club, synthesizer etc...and of course dimly lit with an alternating black light or something of that nature would be awesome. Could you imagine already being out classed by a superior female wrestler and on top of that you have a disorientingly intimate yet chaotic atmosphere! On top of that I think a darker room would help relax everyone as I think everyone would feel more blended in like all apart of one thing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-16, 02:27
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingMike [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
February 12th this year isn't really convenient for me, but of course I could make it work. I'd like to time my visit to one of these parties when you come down with a fun crew from New York. I'll touch base ahead of time then so I can get that direct contact info for the hosts. I'm sure I will appreciate any helpful hints and advice that they can give.

Thank you so much for your up to date tip.
Oh sure. If we ever manage to visit one of those parties, we'll send some tweets out about it. But, definitely, do contact the hosts via FetLife, if anything, just to e-meet them. They're great people and they seem to be running a nice event. Looking forward to checking it out in person one of these days
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-16, 07:20
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:

Then one day, in 2006, when my roommate and I were working at a "Dark Fantasy Fair" in Manhattan (a fetish renaissance fair), I was introduced to a group of ladies who wanted to explore the fetish scene as well. Well, they were in luck! Because my buddy and I were going to be attending a party that evening, in a warehouse in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.... and we said that there would be wrestling....

Well, one of those ladies got very excited to hear there would be wrestling at this fetish party. And so, instead of blowing us off (as I expected might happen), the group of 4 ladies showed up that evening!

Of the 4 ladies who arrived, only the one wanted to wrestle. And that was totally fine! The warehouse party space had mats, since the party regulars really enjoyed seeing our usual wrestling. So, I invited the one lady onto the mats to see what she had to offer...

She was cocky and full of bravado, boasting about having beaten her college boyfriend in wrestling, despite his training in aikido and her total lack of any training at all. I just stood there and smiled. And so the match began. And she ran at me - I remember it so clearly! - she just charged right at me! Long hair flying, teeth gritted. It was like a crazy whirlwind of wildness! ...And I took her right down. I just scooped up all that wildness and pinned her firmly, yet gently, right down on the mats.
I remember your first doom maidens website had a distinct "SCA" theme to it. I thought that was interesting. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] - for those unfamiliar. Not really my fetish but I remember that. I like mats, tight yoga pants or tiny thongs where you can see the ladies muscles. (This has nothing to do with the subject at hand, of-course, just saying I remember that. It was interesting cause it was different).

Last edited by LicensetoKill; 14-Jan-16 at 07:39.
Old 14-Jan-16, 07:52
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Vault...now THAT was a true NYC experience!
Dark, gritty and underground.

The rents in Manhattan are outrageous and it's a shame that there are no good wrestling or fetish parties here anymore. (or very few.)
Now that's a trip down memory lane. I went there a couple times. I heard it got pretty wild sometimes but I seemed to only catch it on more quiet nights. They had a clothes check so a bunch of guys were walking around nude, mostly guys you wouldn't want to look at too and mostly it was pretty quiet with a few scenes here and there, at least on the nights I went. The girl I was with, who was more curious on teh sub side and she didn't want to spank me cause she wanted to say "friends", but she was able to hook up with a guy there who tied her to a motorcycle, which she seemed to really get off on. She later went to his house but outside of the club she found him distracted and disinterested. But she asked him to find a dom for me and she gave me one hek of a spanking. That was lots of fun.

The Vault, at least the night I was there, was lots of 40 and some 50 year old guys though, about 1/3rd of them naked, so it wasn't all that happening I thought at the time. (now I'm one of those 50 year old guys, but what are ya gunna do). My friend and I were pretty bored for the first hour or so, till she met the guy who tied her to the motorcycle. It had potential though, I'm sure there were much more active nights than the night I went. This one crazy Dom I met once (Mistress Trinity, she worked at Nutcracker after hours for a stretch), she told me she was high on something and she spanked her sub until he passed out from the pain, which the sub was 100% fine with but the people at the Vault weren't and they told her she had to leave and could never come back. I always thought it would be a fun place to pay a mistress to take me there and have a crazy couple hours with but I never did that.

This one guy I met there, actually the girl I was with met him and he introduced her to the guy who tied her to the motorcycle. He was gay, so I wasn't very interested in talking to him at the time, I was still a tiny bit put off by that, where as now, I'd be curious to hear his stories, but he was a regular and he told me he'd had some great experiences and some terrible ones when he auctioned himself off as a slave. Another thing I was tempted to try never did.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-16, 08:10
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebi001 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This may seem stupid to some of you, but NYC always was a better place when it was on the naughty side. When 42nd St. was the center of nasty activities and bookstores, the city seemed more alive and exciting. Now it's almost like Disney bought it and opened it for the kiddies to come play. It should be the adults playing.
There was something fun about that but I also grew up there and I remember being terrified of having to walk past or across 42nd street a few times. Me and a friend walked into a strip club once and it was scary, not at all like the "gentlemen's" clubs of today, a few topless women, not pretty, a few gruff looking bouncers and we were these 19 year old babies just out of HS (drinking age was 18 then so we were legal but we still got carded sometimes) and the girls all older than us and not that pretty all went right towards us, so did the bouncers cause we were still young enough to occasionally get carded. Needless to say it was pretty uncomfortable. One of the bounders said something like 'what are you looking for' and either my friend or me said something like "we were just leaving" and we never went into a place like that again, at least not for 10 years.

When we went back to a topless bar, was the much more classy, better looking girls, mirrors everywhere, money pit that they are today. I had to leave cause I felt the money getting sucked out of my wallet and if I didn't pay for stuff, I'd get dirty looks from the girls and management. I told my friend (same friend) that I had to go, but he stayed and he told me the next day he spent $800 dollars on his Amex for a private room and after he'd spent the money the girls wouldn't let him grab them in the room (before he'd spent it, they did). Maybe he picked the wrong girl, but a couple of touches, she said "I'm gay and I don't have to take this" and she walked out before his time was up.

Those are the only 2 times I've ever been in a topless bar and neither time impressed me. I'd much rather watch a wrestle or even a public spanking provided the Dom is hot.

(again, sorry to go off topic), but I remember old NY and 42nd street well, often coming back to the city through port authority. Rudy changed all that.
Old 14-Jan-16, 08:17
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebi001 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Crystal Club (?) or Hellfire Club where women wrestled quite often. I believe it was in Manhattan. There are many videos of their fights on YouTube. It might have had another name, too.
Hellfire had a weekly or bi-weekly wrestling night for a while. There was a story about a time when Asia beat up a guy there and he took her to people's court cause he didn't like being hurt. Kind of reminds me of the stories told about the guy at the fem win event in Vegas who pissed off Mikaela, though I don't think Asia beat him up quite as hard. Judge Mills Lane (the guy who disqualified Tyson for biting off a bit of Evander Hollifield's ear) was the case and one of the mixed wrestling magazines ran the story. Asia said it was supposed to be friendly but the guy came out swinging and I had to defend myself, which may or may not be true, I don't know, but she won the case and Mills Lane made fun of the guy.
Old 14-Jan-16, 08:44
Last Achievements

Quote:
Wow, that is a loaded statement...

But indeed, the video production company is more active than it has ever been. So much activity every week, working with female and male wrestlers from far and wide, enjoying great social communications with fans and supports, and having established two well-matted wrestling spaces in Brooklyn. Granted, it's true, we never did these things "before"!

In 2013, we co-hosted a live event with FEMWIN that was bigger than any we'd ever had before. More guest wrestlers, more attendees, more wrestling rooms than the event in 2007. That's a change, for sure!

And, happily, the larger of our two spaces is so accommodating that we are planning a new live event for this year. Oh, what a change to have accommodating management.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

But by "not what they used to be," I strongly suspect you may be pining for more accessible session wrestlers in the NYC area. That is not something the company can provide. In earlier years, there were (possibly?) more session wrestlers in New York, and we interacted with them, filmed with them helped them train. However, there seem to be fewer local session wrestlers in town right now, as I understand... or maybe fewer of the type you personally want to see. In fact, two session wrestling ladies we worked with just recently moved away as well. Traveling wrestlers, however, do continue to come to town.

I know you do not live in the city, NewYork, so you may not see it as clearly, but the climate of New York City is changing. Manhattan is losing "underground" spaces at an incredible rate; luxury condos are taking over, rising rents are pushing people out. Small-time event promoters get tired of the struggle for venues in Manhattan, which puts a damper on alternative community activity. You may have fond memories of underground goings-on in Manhattan, and I'm sure those stick in your mind and hit the nostalgia button. But perhaps you don't see or can't find similar goings-on now...

But there is a buzzing alternative scene in Brooklyn. Adventurous people are mustering there. But that scene, NewYork, is not the FemDom scene that you knew and liked from Manhattan, so it might not be your cup-of-joe. However, it is here that can be found these adventurous people who are excited about underground wrestling (but they just might not be interested in session wrestling)

I remember that Fem win event and had a blast there. I shot two videos, one with Syler, one with Venom and did a couple 15 minute private sessions. One time I playfull slapped Indra's but (she and I had sessioned and she knew me) and she and Minxi Li too turns punching me in the stomach until I was almost sorry I'd done it. Tons of fun.

I also went to 2 or 3 grapple den parties. I never had the guts to enter the free for all, cause some of the guys there had real muscles and I had the feeling I might not have fun, but I those were fun events too. Different types of events. At the Manhattan event there was a large space and many rooms and it was easy to just walk up to a lady and ask for a 15 minute session. I really like the 15 minute sessions, "sessions encouraged" with private rooms or even semi private. That's basically the principals of the foot parties that NY still has, there's 2 or 3 companies that offer those.

At the Grapple den parties there was only one mat so scheduling a match was, at least in my experience, a little harder cause there was often a wait list, but it was still a fun event cause it was casual and not too crowded so it was easy to watch the event. I wrestled Tina from London (not originally, I think she was from Eastern Europe but she was living in London at the time, had a blast and sessioned with her later).

Michelle Falsetta used to give wrestling parties in Brooklyn but I didn't like those as much. There seemed to be more of a body builder theme which wasn't my thing and didn't strike me as quite as friendly an environment, if that makes sense. There seemed to be a lot of waiting around between matches too, like they weren't very organized.

But any kind of event, I'd try to attend and hope it happens, with personal request that 15 minute sessions be part of it. That provides an opportunity for guys to meet more ladies than they'd regular meet and it gives the ladies a little extra income.

There's that organization that Zweig says steals people's money (Thunder Kittens), and they gave a few wrestling parties in 2014 and early 2015, but I was never able to go. From the photos, they looked quite crowded and I'm not sure they would have been my cup of tea.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

- - -

My personal feeling on the underground thing. I like a good contest. I don't like to see one opponent thrashed or humiliated, which I gather can be part of the thrill and uncertainty in an underground match, but I don't like that. Now if it's a lady vs a guy and the guy is willing - fine, but when it turns into more of a one sided bullying and the person losing isn't OK with it, that's where I begin to worry more for the losing party and it's not really something I enjoy watching.

(hope my posts weren't too long. Interesting thread).

Last edited by LicensetoKill; 14-Jan-16 at 17:30.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:

Tags
evolution, nyc, underground wrestling, wrestling community