Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Jun-17, 00:08
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Angela Lee

Angela Lee teaching a singer some moves: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Jul-17, 08:29
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
UFC's Carr also commented on Lee last week, stating that the 20-year-old was not yet UFC-standard and “a long way” from competing against Joanna Jedrzejczyk, the UFC’s champion strawweight (also 52kg under a different ruleset).

But Franklin, himself a UFC middleweight champion from 2005 to 2006, said he “absolutely” disagreed.

“Quite frankly, I would stack any one of our champions here against any champion in the world,” he declared, singling out the undefeated Lee as well as welterweight titleholder Ben Askren and bantamweight king Bibiano Fernandes.

“If you watch any of our shows, I’m sure their talent speaks volumes for what they’re capable of doing.”

Franklin also pointed to a response to Carr made by ONE chairman Chatri Sityodtong, inviting Jedrzejczyk to step in the cage with Lee as soon as next month.

“I would love to see that. I think Angela would do more than just hold her own against their champion,” said Franklin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-17, 19:44
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,193 Times in 794 Posts

Here's one of Lee's toughest fights to date. I'm starting to come around to the view that she could hang with Joanna and, if she could get it to the ground, could even win. But JJ has very strong takedown defence so it wouldn't be easy to get her off her feet. There has been a bit of talk about champions fights with other promotions. The president of One FC, which has Lee's contract has said he's open to it but I doubt the UFC is, at least at this stage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Oct-17, 19:07
Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100
Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 153,790 Times in 13,793 Posts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jovanzi For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Oct-17, 19:42
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
UFC's Carr also commented on Lee last week, stating that the 20-year-old was not yet UFC-standard and “a long way” from competing against Joanna Jedrzejczyk, the UFC’s champion strawweight (also 52kg under a different ruleset).
But then who is? Rose? Unless JoJo moves up to 125 she's (IMO) run out of any very worthy competition for the forseeable future. Angela can't do much worse than the present lineup!
Old 14-Oct-17, 19:57
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,193 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But then who is? Rose? Unless JoJo moves up to 125 she's (IMO) run out of any very worthy competition for the forseeable future. Angela can't do much worse than the present lineup!
Well, the fight with Rose is booked so we'll have to see what changes have occurred in the WMMA landscape by the time that fight is over. I suspect there will be some movement once the 125 division is in place. I think most of it will be women moving up but there may be some who feel undersized at 125 and will drop to 115. Also, if there is a big drain on the 115 division, the UFC will likely add more talent, so we'll have to see who they bring in.

As for cross-promotion contests, there has been some talk about Angela Lee, who fights for One Promotions and last night on LFA Ron Kruck and Pat Miletich were talking about UFC vs Bellator matchups but the UFC has been pretty cold to the idea of their fighters taking on those from other promotions.
Old 16-Oct-17, 09:00
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Responding to a question from TODAY on the possibility of her joining the UFC stable, she said on the sidelines of the Mediacorp Meet & Greet with One heroes on Friday (Oct 6): “I’m a little bit offended when someone brings that (UFC) up. ONE are doing an amazing job and I wouldn’t leave them for another organisation.
The UFC prefers to just wait out on someone's contract and sign them when they become available, like with Justin Gaethje, who became a fairly big name outside the UFC and came in with quite a lot of hype.

It's true, there's not too many more obvious challengers for Joanna. Rose could be a potential banana skin IMO and has some tools in her arsenal that could be troublesome for the champ, but it seems a lot of people are writing her off due to her losses to Esparza and Karolina, whereas Joanna has beaten both.

Cynthia Calvillo appears to be in rapid ascendance and a fighter the UFC seems keen to promote. I see her getting fast-tracked to a title tilt in 2018 should she get past her next opponent, Carla Esparza.

Coming back to the possibility of Lee in the UFC, I guess you would have to say it's likely at some stage, but the whole sport is still evolving. The fact that a number of top 5 fighters in their divisions have walked away from the UFC recently shows there are still lucrative options elsewhere. In turn WME-IMG seem intent to do business more and more "on the cheap" and have made multiple unpopular decisions. The general consensus seems to be that rival promotions like Bellator have a lot more scope to bridge the gap now than they have had for a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-17, 12:01
bendo5

29.30 for angela lee's reverse HS - i know it's been posted before somewhere, but this is just really good i think, and really rare
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-17, 15:14
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's true, there's not too many more obvious challengers for Joanna. Rose could be a potential banana skin IMO and has some tools in her arsenal that could be troublesome for the champ, but it seems a lot of people are writing her off due to her losses to Esparza and Karolina, whereas Joanna has beaten both.
Right, just when you think it's gonna be a squash match, the champ gets hit on the button or decides to fight with a 104 temperature or any number of mishaps could happen!
Old 11-Nov-17, 08:33
Last Achievements

Angela's Instagram:

Angela Lee

Dear Family & Friends, On Monday November 6, 2017 I was in a car accident. I woke up early (4:30am) to drive to my gym, which is 5 minutes from my house and in a blink of an eye... I dozed off, woke up and the next thing I knew, my car had hit the guardrail and flipped over about 6 times. I am so grateful that no one else was hurt. It’s also a miracle that I’m still here today, alive and well. I admit that I shouldn’t have been driving if I was tired... At the time however, I was not aware of how tired I really was. This incident was truly an eye opener. Like every obstacle or adversity in life, I will face it and I will overcome it. I will learn from it and it will be used as a lesson. I want to personally thank each and every person for their love, support and words of encouragement during this time. I want to send an apology to my opponent, Mei Yamaguchi, the fans looking forward to the fight and my organization, ONE Championship. It was not my intention to withdraw from this fight and I will be back. Although I will not be fighting on the 24 November card in Singapore, I will still be in attendance, showing my support. In closing, I would like to say that physically I may look a little banged up but I know that these scars and bruises will heal rather fast. The majority of my time spent healing will be focused more on my emotional and spiritual state of mind. I appreciate your patience & understanding during this time. With love, Angela
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post: