Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 14-Jan-14, 00:58
Points: 4,088, Level: 26 Points: 4,088, Level: 26 Points: 4,088, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Question No mixed wrestling in Sweden?

I have been unable to find almost any female session wrestler based in Stockholm, or anywhere in Sweden? And very few even travelling here? (Except for Maria Garcia recently and a few huge body building ladies, which are not really my cup of tea.)

Have I missed something? Can someone give me a hint? Or someone out there who wants to make a tour... You would have at least one guaranteed client!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lasse For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-14, 09:36
Post of The Year Winner
Points: 33,829, Level: 80 Points: 33,829, Level: 80 Points: 33,829, Level: 80
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 4,810 Times in 504 Posts
Default Re: No mixed wrestling in Sweden?

Hey Lasse,

I don't know of any in Sweden, but I am aware of at least two Swedish girls who wrestle in the UK. I imagine they go back home at times, so you may be able to arrange a session then?

Jenny Sjodin offers sessions at the Wrestling factory, Manchester. Ive not wrestled with her but I get the impression she is very good - particularly if you want a competitive session. You can email her on [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] and her details are on

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Also Lina ,who is based in Bournemouth. She mainly advertises as a dominatrix, but she is also excellent wrestler who goes to F/F wrestling tournaments-- eg monicas in London. I had a really great session with her a year or so back.. she is brilliant.

For details see [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Jenny & Lina

LYCKA TILL!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to al-uk For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-14, 10:08
Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

There is Ms Xena who is in the Europe>Sweden section of [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Definately not my type, looks absolutely disgusting (in a bad way...) to me, but maybe you like muscle bound wrestlers with veins popping out everywhere....
I doubt Lena does sessions in Sweden, she may be Swedish but she's very much UK based and married to an Englishman - she is good though, I've had a few sessions with her in the past
Old 14-Jan-14, 11:46
Points: 5,657, Level: 32 Points: 5,657, Level: 32 Points: 5,657, Level: 32
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%
Last Achievements

Yes, it's surprising to read, somehow, that there are no session wrestlers in Sweden!

Jenny is indeed very very good - I've seen her wrestle on many occasions, both pro-style and competitive, and I've also had a group coaching with her at Pippa's gym in Manchester.
Old 14-Jan-14, 12:21
Points: 11,022, Level: 45 Points: 11,022, Level: 45 Points: 11,022, Level: 45
Last Achievements

I've wrestled Jenny but not Lina. Jenny is a professional grappler, and a very good one, too. She was over 20 kilos lighter than me at the time (two years ago) but beat me 9-0 in an hour of fully competitive wrestling. And I'm above average fit and rarely lose in my sessions (have beaten Shelby Beach and Pippa L'vinn, for instance). Jenny is very friendly, professional and calm, and highly recommended.

Since she's accomplished in grappling and MMA, however, she shouldn't be your first choice if you prefer scissors, grapevines, smothers, ie the more typical mixed wrestling holds. She instinctively goes for the textbook holds like chokes, triangles, kimoura, armbars etc.
Old 19-Jan-14, 21:20
Points: 4,088, Level: 26 Points: 4,088, Level: 26 Points: 4,088, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Thanks a lot for your replies and guidance! Even if it kind of confirms that Sweden - although being a generally liberal society - seems to have very few or any female session wrestlers based here.

No james, as I mentioned the bodybuilding type of Ms Xena is definitely not my type either. Unfortunately, because for some reason a few of them seems to travel to Sweden occasionally, according to wb.270.com.

Well, I hope someone sees this and realize there is a market in Stockholm! Couldn't be just me...
Old 20-Jan-14, 00:34
Points: 12,604, Level: 48 Points: 12,604, Level: 48 Points: 12,604, Level: 48
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks a lot for your replies and guidance! Even if it kind of confirms that Sweden - although being a generally liberal society - seems to have very few or any female session wrestlers based here.

No james, as I mentioned the bodybuilding type of Ms Xena is definitely not my type either. Unfortunately, because for some reason a few of them seems to travel to Sweden occasionally, according to wb.270.com.

Well, I hope someone sees this and realize there is a market in Stockholm! Couldn't be just me...
Well Lasse, I made the same discovery, finding mixed wrestling in our country is like trying to find a water cooler in the desert. Don't know if it's a cultural thing or what. I guess it's either a plane to London or the ferry to Germany
Old 22-Jan-14, 13:50
Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,922 Times in 561 Posts

Why not Google Britta Inga Olsen and get in touch. She's based in New York but she's constantly bringing over other girls from Sweden so I'm sure she knows girls over there who wrestle too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 11blockhead62 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Aug-16, 09:35
Points: 2,901, Level: 22 Points: 2,901, Level: 22 Points: 2,901, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Default Mixed wrestling in sweden

Hello friends!

Just became a member on this site. Just wondering, are there any people from Sweden here? Or is it all about the US?

It feels like this topic could come across as a bit Taboo here in Sweden, and I have never actually talked to anyone about mixed wrestling, so would be interesting to know if I am not the only one from my area!

Short describtion of myself: Boy, 20 years of age. Have been doing sports since I was a kid, which involves Football, tennis, jogging, etc. Never actually wrestled anoyone though.
Height: 187 cm (6,1 feet)
Weight: 79 kg (174 pounds)
Old 09-Aug-16, 10:21
Points: 3,960, Level: 26 Points: 3,960, Level: 26 Points: 3,960, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mixed wrestling in sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hello friends!

Just became a member on this site. Just wondering, are there any people from Sweden here? Or is it all about the US?

It feels like this topic could come across as a bit Taboo here in Sweden, and I have never actually talked to anyone about mixed wrestling, so would be interesting to know if I am not the only one from my area!

Short describtion of myself: Boy, 20 years of age. Have been doing sports since I was a kid, which involves Football, tennis, jogging, etc. Never actually wrestled anoyone though.
Height: 187 cm (6,1 feet)
Weight: 79 kg (174 pounds)
I am sure there are other swedes here.
You can sometimes see people posting links to videos on svtplay and stuff. (When it comes to armwrestling usually, and sometimes also instagram pictures of swedish people with muscle).

Like you said it feels a bit taboo but at least it feels like to me that the trend is that more swedish girls/women train to build at least a bit of muscle. There are however not really a lot of sessions wrestlers in Sweden. (As far as I know). A couple travellers per month according to wb270 visiting Sweden.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrmax For This Useful Post:

Tags
session, stockholm, sweden