Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Mar-18, 16:04
Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Default Re: What were the toughest athletes you've wrestled?

One killer combination I ran into was a girl in college who was on the Field Hockey and swim teams. She was strong, fit, and could take and dish out with no problem. The swimming was how she was so strong upper body I suspect, she had shoulders and upperbody strengty as well as strong legs from Field Hockey. And the FH, they slam into each other and whack away, so she didn't flinch at hard contact, falls, what ever. I really never knew much about field hockey but I learned. And the field hockey players on our colleges team, they were big girls. She was just down right tough.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrassleswithgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Mar-18, 17:38
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Severa also does a lot of rock climbing now.
Old 16-Mar-18, 17:51
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Olga Bakalopoulos, a Greek-Canadian MMA fighter from the early days of MMA. I outweighed her by 80 pounds, but she beat me like a red-headed step-child and I was sore and black and blue for a week. Toward the end, she even let me take her back in full mount with her facing the mat on all fours. She then threw me off with trivial ease and beat me some more. It was memorable, but not fun. I don't mind being the underdog or at a disadvantage, but in this case I had no chance at all - it was full competitive in name only.
Old 16-Mar-18, 18:04
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Severa also does a lot of rock climbing now.
Mike Tyson is getting worried now, the more he reads this thread!

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Olga Bakalopoulos, a Greek-Canadian MMA fighter from the early days of MMA. I outweighed her by 80 pounds, but she beat me like a red-headed step-child and I was sore and black and blue for a week. Toward the end, she even let me take her back in full mount with her facing the mat on all fours. She then threw me off with trivial ease and beat me some more. It was memorable, but not fun. I don't mind being the underdog or at a disadvantage, but in this case I had no chance at all - it was full competitive in name only.
Actually Olga is another girl that Kasie won against, but it was early in her wrestling career (not sure if she already did MMA).

That reminds me who let me take their back and escaped and made me submit though: Mayra Conde (I think she might have been Olga's girlfriend too?), and BJJ/Basketball/Horse riding/Rock climbing star Severa (she'd probably have made a good Gladiator too! - I mean the TV show....although Malibu actually did do that I think on the American version didn't she?).

With Severa, I did say I wouldn't attempt a RNC (which she had already done to me shortly before, when I hadn't let her start on my back just to clarify if it's necessary lol). With Mayra I wouldn't even have known what one was, but what I did know was that she was a lot stronger than I was!

Last edited by Armwrestlefan99; 16-Mar-18 at 18:04.
Old 17-Mar-18, 03:45
Last Achievements

At the time of our fight, Olga was rooming with Mayra and subsequently I talked with Mayra who offered me (probably fake) sympathy, saying that Olga was mean and that she (Mayra) would have treated me more nicely.
Old 17-Mar-18, 05:20
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Having met both Olga and Mayra there's no comparison as to who was more dominant in our session, it was Mayra. Barely 20 minutes into our session she was telling me which moves and holds she was about to use on me knowing I couldn't defend against her.
Old 17-Mar-18, 08:30
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,512 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armwrestlefan99 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Severa (Basketball)

i guess this Severa?

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] This guy looks small but he is not far away from 6 feet

More imporaant than basket ball, she is black belt in BJJ, what is like 3 or 4 Dan Judo Girl and this with 6'5"

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to ours01 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Mar-18, 09:00
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ours01 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
i guess this Severa?

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] This guy looks small but he is not far away from 6 feet

More imporaant than basket ball, she is black belt in BJJ, what is like 3 or 4 Dan Judo Girl and this with 6'5"

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, that is her, and yes the BJJ belt would be more important than the Basketball ability I'm sure to be fair, but the height makes it not so surprising she was good at Basketball!

I think she wasn't a black belt when I saw her, but still great at it and wrestling in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Mar-18, 17:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Having met both Olga and Mayra there's no comparison as to who was more dominant in our session, it was Mayra. Barely 20 minutes into our session she was telling me which moves and holds she was about to use on me knowing I couldn't defend against her.
Never sessioned against Mayra, but saw her wrestle and defeat several ladies, as well as lose to a powerful black fighter who went by the name of Afrika. She used to do sessions; I don't know if she still does. Olga's go-to submission technique with me was simply to immobilize my arms and then pound me until I gave up. Then repeat after a short break. We had agreed in advance on no strikes to the face and she was merciful enough not to bust my balls, although we had not ruled that out. So I didn't require any reconstructive plastic surgery nor did I piss blood. But my torso was covered with painful bruises.
Old 17-Mar-18, 17:46
Points: 12,893, Level: 49 Points: 12,893, Level: 49 Points: 12,893, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,564 Times in 340 Posts
Post Re: What were the toughest athletes you've wrestled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was thinking about this and wasn't sure. I've wrestled my fair share of athletic girls, many in college and grad school, but it was hard to say which of the following seemed to be the toughest. Admittedly the sample size for some of these was just 1 or 2, but I did hear about their athleticism relative to their peers.

Swimming
Cheerleading
Gymnast
Tennis
Badminton
Soccer
Volleyball

In terms of simple physicality, I'd actually say the cheerleaders were the toughest. But maybe that was due to the unusual caliber of cheerleaders I got to know. One was on a top nationally ranking team. Regardless, good lord did I learn to respect cheerleader athleticism.

In terms of overall competitiveness, I actually think it was the volleyball girls. Maybe its the nature of their game, but the ones I wrestled all had this aggressiveness that really made it hard to fight them.

What's your experience been?

For me the girl who dominated me most was the one who practiced tennis. The girls who play tennis are very strong (arms and legs), very competitive and have lots of stamina. They can fight for hours and that's a big advantage!
The Following User Says Thank You to lisane For This Useful Post: