Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 17-Feb-17, 19:18
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,193 Times in 794 Posts
Default Re: GDR wins controversial decision over Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap643 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Should Holly seriously think about going back to straight up boxing?
She should "think" about whatever she wants. As for the suggestion - no. Not unless she wanted to cash out and end her career with a big money fight, assuming there's even one to be had in women's boxing. Besides, she's been training hard in MMA and I don't think she wants to walk away from that.

People are over-reacting a bit to the three-losses-in-a-row thing, IMO. If you look at them, none were "bad" losses, say like Ronda's last two. Those were devastating, likely career-ending. Holly was beating Miesha Tate until she got a bit sloppy late in the fight and got caught. Her fight against Shevchenko was very competitive and many well-respected voices in the MMA world thought she won the fight with De Randamie. Three straight losses is tough but, utltimately, it's just a number. Holly's got great coaching, strong support...she'll be back and she'll be fine.
Old 17-Feb-17, 22:13
ap643

I will bow to your expertise. I like Holly and wish her nothing but success. Just thinking out loud.
Old 17-Feb-17, 22:20
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap643 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I will bow to your expertise. I like Holly and wish her nothing but success. Just thinking out loud.
I understand, and you're far from the first one to suggest the possibility. Even if she did consider it, look at what she'd be going back to. Women's boxing is in trouble, from a sustainability perspective. Given that, it's interesting that Invicta has announced it's going to be moving into boxing promotion, so we'll have to see how that goes.
Old 20-Feb-17, 20:45
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Should Holly seriously think about going back to straight up boxing?
I think women's boxing is sexy, but I'm a strange animal. For whatever reason - and maybe failed promotion is that reason - it never gained any footing in the U.S. I don't know that there's any interest in trying to build a following for a 35-year-old with a boring personality. I know she picked up a handful of fans when she KO'd Ronda, but I think she may have been a roadblock to her own advancement on the marketing side. I'm not trying to force Holly to be something she's not, I'm just saying that she did nothing to sell the Meisha fight and then let herself get beat in a fight that was worth about $2 to the viewers.

I don't know what her financial goals are at this point, but I cannot imagine there is much to be made in boxing. That sport simply does not have enough eyeballs on it to bring in big paydays.
Old 20-Feb-17, 20:54
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think women's boxing is sexy, but I'm a strange animal. For whatever reason - and maybe failed promotion is that reason - it never gained any footing in the U.S. I don't know that there's any interest in trying to build a following for a 35-year-old with a boring personality. I know she picked up a handful of fans when she KO'd Ronda, but I think she may have been a roadblock to her own advancement on the marketing side. I'm not trying to force Holly to be something she's not, I'm just saying that she did nothing to sell the Meisha fight and then let herself get beat in a fight that was worth about $2 to the viewers.

I don't know what her financial goals are at this point, but I cannot imagine there is much to be made in boxing. That sport simply does not have enough eyeballs on it to bring in big paydays.
The other thing that those who think going back to boxing is a good option for Holly is the training. It's not at all the same for boxing and MMA. Holly made a big decision a few years ago to change sports. She hasn't been training to be a pure boxer for a long time, so she'd have to change all that before being ready to take on a top name opponent.
Old 20-Feb-17, 20:54
ap643

You are probably right. She might be " too nice " for the sport to market.