Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Jan-17, 07:18
Points: 4,335, Level: 27 Points: 4,335, Level: 27 Points: 4,335, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Who is the fbb?

I have this video where she goes by "Candy the Crusher." but I have no idea who she is, or what companies she wrestled with. Or if she does sessions

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (107.1 KB, 124 views)
Old 09-Jan-17, 07:39
Points: 6,985, Level: 35 Points: 6,985, Level: 35 Points: 6,985, Level: 35
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Who is the fbb?

That's Roseanne Desmarais. I'm sad to say she died at age 35 in September of 2010. I understand she was a truly amazing human being and a wonderfully powerful woman.
The Following User Says Thank You to psf366 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-17, 22:12
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psf366 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's Roseanne Desmarais. I'm sad to say she died at age 35 in September of 2010. I understand she was a truly amazing human being and a wonderfully powerful woman.
I got to know her fairly well when I was producing a female strength and fitness show in Vancouver. Roseanne (Blackburn, back then) was a contestant in the first show and several subsequent ones. Initially she was quite shy and certainly suspicious about the whole session wrestling scene. She hadn't gotten into bodybuilding professionally yet but was a multiple (5 times, I think) provincial wrestling champion and had done some amateur boxing as well.

The first time I met her, the co-producer was talking about how hard she could hit, which led to a challenge to see who could take her best shot without folding. She punched me in the gut, as instructed, and I knew she'd pulled it. I gave her my famous inquisitive stare and she blushed. I asked her for the real thing and, well let's just say I managed to stay upright, if doubled over, which is more than could be said for my co-producer, who hit the deck.

I also stopped into to visit her in her hometown of Kamloops, BC. I asked her about a specific wrestling hold we'd talked about and she proceeded to move some furniture aside and demonstrate, which led to a short wrestling match. Not having any real wrestling experience, she just toyed with me. She had plenty of natural strength, an athletic physique, a sweet face and was an all-round super nice person. She was also a single mother and worked fulltime as a nurse's aid at the local hospital. We also worked out together at the local gym in Kamloops a couple of times.

I often drive the highway where she was killed. I know the exact spot from the newspaper reports and, I have to say, it never gets any less sad. British Columbia is a dangerous place to drive in winter. Lots of high mountain passes where the weather can change violently in no time. The place where her car left the road is one of them. It's a straight drop off the side of a mountain, several hundred feet to the valley floor below. There would have been no chance of survival.

Last edited by brooksie; 10-Jan-17 at 21:08.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jan-17, 05:40
Points: 4,335, Level: 27 Points: 4,335, Level: 27 Points: 4,335, Level: 27
Last Achievements

Wow...im shocked. Thanks for the replies guys...may she rest in peace.
Old 12-Jan-17, 10:59
Banned
Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements

I have this video. She was toying with the guy.
Old 12-Jan-17, 20:31
Producer
Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

I still remember the moment I got the call from JP about the accident and have myself been searching for a way to write an appropriate tribute about this remarkable woman. Brooksie nailed it.

Roseanne was a born fighter. She was strong, smart, ferocious, and intensely competitive. She was a very accomplished athlete, yet was always humble...except when you asked her not to be for certain roles, of course. She absolutely loved her fans and loved performing for them. She never sought personal glory. She wanted to share every success with others. She did not want to be put on a pedestal - she wanted the people she cared about to be proud of her.

Unfortunately, she went through a pretty rough patch in her personal life as an adult and withdrew a bit. But from our last conversation, she seemed to be on her way to a full recovery when she fell asleep at the wheel on that lonely highway in September of 2010.

I was very happy to be able to share so many moments with Roseanne. I can't believe it's been over 6 years now since she passed, but I think of her all the time. I miss her like you wouldn't believe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post: