Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

View Poll Results: Who will be winner?
Ronda Rousey 158 61.48%
Jean Claude Van Damme 99 38.52%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-Oct-16, 00:21
Administrator
Points: 869,615, Level: 100 Points: 869,615, Level: 100 Points: 869,615, Level: 100
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,836 Times in 9,934 Posts
Default Re: Do you think Ronda Rousey broke Meisha Tate's arm on purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I know it was several years ago but I just watched Ronda/ Meisha's Strikeforce fight again. I remember after the fight hearing comments about Ronda being a bitch because she didn't have to break Meisha's arm. What do you think? Did she do it on purpose? To me it seems like Ronda gave her more than enough time to tap. I think Meisha was to proud to tap and actually thought she could outlast Ronda and paid the price.
I don't think this deserves its own topic. Merging with the main thread about Ronda.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 30-Oct-16, 01:47
Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,109 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I know it was several years ago but I just watched Ronda/ Meisha's Strikeforce fight again. I remember after the fight hearing comments about Ronda being a bitch because she didn't have to break Meisha's arm. What do you think? Did she do it on purpose? To me it seems like Ronda gave her more than enough time to tap. I think Meisha was to proud to tap and actually thought she could outlast Ronda and paid the price.
Ronda didn't break Miesha's arm.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Amazingly, Miesha Tate didn't suffer any broken bones in her left arm following Saturday night's gruesome loss via armbar to Ronda Rousey.

"I had X-Rays last night," Tate told MMAFighting.com via text message. "No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further."

Tate, the now former Strikeforce bantamweight champion, wouldn't elaborate on when she'll find out what kind of shape her arm is in and when she'll back to 100 percent. According to a Strikeforce official Saturday night, the early thought was that she had at least damaged ligaments in her arm.

Rousey submitted Tate via armbar at 4:27 of the first round but only after Tate refused to tap for several seconds, which led to her arm seemingly bending backwards. A similar scenario played out in the first minute of the fight, but Tate was able to escape that submission attempt.

Following the tapout, Tate remained on the canvas for several seconds and was unable to move her left arm in the cage after the fight.

The win improved Rousey's professional record to 5-0, with all five wins coming via first-round armbar. Tate's record dropped to 12-3.
Old 30-Oct-16, 01:54
Points: 18,145, Level: 58 Points: 18,145, Level: 58 Points: 18,145, Level: 58
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Amazingly, Miesha Tate didn't suffer any broken bones in her left arm following Saturday night's gruesome loss via armbar to Ronda Rousey.

"I had X-Rays last night," Tate told MMAFighting.com via text message. "No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further."

Tate, the now former Strikeforce bantamweight champion, wouldn't elaborate on when she'll find out what kind of shape her arm is in and when she'll back to 100 percent. According to a Strikeforce official Saturday night, the early thought was that she had at least damaged ligaments in her arm.

Rousey submitted Tate via armbar at 4:27 of the first round but only after Tate refused to tap for several seconds, which led to her arm seemingly bending backwards. A similar scenario played out in the first minute of the fight, but Tate was able to escape that submission attempt.

Following the tapout, Tate remained on the canvas for several seconds and was unable to move her left arm in the cage after the fight.

The win improved Rousey's professional record to 5-0, with all five wins coming via first-round armbar. Tate's record dropped to 12-3.
Okay. I mean dislocated her arm.
Old 01-Nov-16, 22:05
Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

A rather awkward interview...still hasn't done a regular interview on camera since her loss AFAIK. She does say this will be one of her last fights.

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Nov-16, 22:37
Administrator
Points: 869,615, Level: 100 Points: 869,615, Level: 100 Points: 869,615, Level: 100
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,836 Times in 9,934 Posts

"Domesticated", "knitting", "one of my last fights". From the looks of it, Nunes is going to have an easy time.

For the first time I'm somehow less hyped for a fight after watching an interview with one of the fighters.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Nov-16, 22:44
Last Achievements

Explanation as to why people dislike Ronda Rousey

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Nov-16, 22:46
Producer
Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, she did. When they left the octagon, Miesha did not have full use of that arm. The arm was broken. Silly semantics argument, but bone fractures are not the only way an arm can be "broken".

Quote:
A rather awkward interview...still hasn't done a regular interview on camera since her loss AFAIK. She does say this will be one of her last fights.

What an agonizingly boring interview.
Old 01-Nov-16, 23:31
Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,824 Times in 1,933 Posts

Apparently she's being very fussy about what people can ask her. No questions about Cyborg during UFC media calls. The Ellen interview seems very generic/fluffy and doesn't give much to take away apart from Ronda claiming she's now in the twilight of her MMA career.

I'd like to think Ronda has many years of fighting ahead of her, but her demeanor seems tired. The light that burns twice as bright burns for only half as long and Ronda has burned so very, very brightly. Perhaps the signs were there even before the loss to Holly. She was grumpy after beating Correia and didn't seem to be enjoying it as much as she did in the past. She was talking about retiring more often, albeit retiring undefeated - a goal that has been taken away from her and can never be rekindled. I just hope the driving reason is her being content in her relationship with Travis Browne and other projects and not because her mental health issues are starting to consume her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Nov-16, 04:00
Points: 5,195, Level: 30 Points: 5,195, Level: 30 Points: 5,195, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Explanation as to why people dislike Ronda Rousey

I think that sums it up rather nicely. I have been an MMA fan for a long time (way before she came long) and I have never seen anyone as disliked as her. Amongst MMA fan web sites that is.

I suspect her fight against Nunes will be her last (if she even makes it) and she might win but she will never erase the beating she got from Holm and the myth being exposed.
Old 05-Nov-16, 00:40
Points: 38,013, Level: 85 Points: 38,013, Level: 85 Points: 38,013, Level: 85
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,404 Times in 235 Posts

Starting @1:17, Rousey talks about how when she was young she would street-fight random guys for $10. From an interview with Sports Illustrated:

Transcript:
“I was around fourteen years old. And I thought I was hot shit, badass, right? And I felt like this secret, blonde, Beverly Hills Ninja. And I loved Frappuccinos. Me and my friend Jackie, after school, we would walk over to the Promenade, and Jackie was like my Paul Heyman. She would be like, ‘I bet my girl right here could beat you up for $10, or $5, or whatever.’ And then some guy would be like, ‘Ehh, whatever. I’ll take that bet.’ It would just start, and whatever the guy was, I would throw him to the ground, either give him a choke or an arm bar. We would get him to say he gave up, then take his money and go buy Frappuccinos. Those were my first pro fights. Will fight for Frappuccinos.”

See also: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to DocBlock For This Useful Post: