Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who is the best female submission wrestler of all times?
Judell Du Long 20 5.29%
Beatrice Goffin 10 2.65%
Maggie Jennings 4 1.06%
Sonia Fernandez 36 9.52%
Raquel 55 14.55%
Helen Von Mott 84 22.22%
Shannon Logan 40 10.58%
Kathy Gifford 37 9.79%
Nadege 23 6.08%
Liz Lightspeed 40 10.58%
Tiffany 29 7.67%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-Jul-16, 21:08
Points: 1,476, Level: 15 Points: 1,476, Level: 15 Points: 1,476, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Best Female Submission Wrestler of All Times

Hi All
It appears that I have come to this poll rather late, but having known Sonia for over 16 years she certainly gets my vote!
Old 07-Jul-16, 00:10
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

*Helen*
I've met many others on the poll and some mentioned earlier in the thread who aren't (Sonia, Mayra, Raquel, Zee, Yasmin, etc). Their sessions felt like I was competing with them but just wasn't as skilled as them, When I "wrestled" Helen it felt like she was using me for practice. She didn't get my most taps in a session, but that's because she only allowed me 6 tap outs. The rest of the time she was either transitioning to other things or keeping holds on to break me down.
A "Helen session" is its own category, 1 I haven't been able to duplicate for the last 10 years. It was like she'd told me it was a 1-sided fantasy session, but of course she hadn't. My sessions with Venom and Alice have come closest to feeling like that, but they just don't have the same contempt/dominance on the mat that Helen did. Severa has a different attitude, she uses her skills to control you but not to physically dominate you that way. I like the edge Ariel seems to have in her matches, but with our size difference it might feel like she's outfighting me instead of playing with me. Still hope to test that assumption soon.
Old 07-Jul-16, 00:32
Producer
Points: 13,192, Level: 49 Points: 13,192, Level: 49 Points: 13,192, Level: 49
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,115 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
*Helen*
I've met many others on the poll and some mentioned earlier in the thread who aren't (Sonia, Mayra, Raquel, Zee, Yasmin, etc). Their sessions felt like I was competing with them but just wasn't as skilled as them, When I "wrestled" Helen it felt like she was using me for practice. She didn't get my most taps in a session, but that's because she only allowed me 6 tap outs. The rest of the time she was either transitioning to other things or keeping holds on to break me down.
A "Helen session" is its own category, 1 I haven't been able to duplicate for the last 10 years. It was like she'd told me it was a 1-sided fantasy session, but of course she hadn't. My sessions with Venom and Alice have come closest to feeling like that, but they just don't have the same contempt/dominance on the mat that Helen did. Severa has a different attitude, she uses her skills to control you but not to physically dominate you that way. I like the edge Ariel seems to have in her matches, but with our size difference it might feel like she's outfighting me instead of playing with me. Still hope to test that assumption soon.
I've actually been in contact with Helen about her coming out of session / video retirement to face The Spoiler in a 100% competitive mixed match or two. How many people in this thread might be up for that? How many might be okay with pre-ordering (since we'd have to fly her in from LA in addition to paying her to fight, of course)?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absolute Mixed Wrestling For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jul-16, 01:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Mixed Wrestling [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've actually been in contact with Helen about her coming out of session / video retirement to face The Spoiler in a 100% competitive mixed match or two. How many people in this thread might be up for that? How many might be okay with pre-ordering (since we'd have to fly her in from LA in addition to paying her to fight, of course)?
Not sure what she's been up to the past few years. If she could get back into the kind of shape she was in the timeframe I'm talking about (the last few years she was doing sessions she didn't quite look that way) I'd definitely be interested.
Bon voyage, Spoiler
Old 30-Jan-18, 00:56
Points: 12,893, Level: 49 Points: 12,893, Level: 49 Points: 12,893, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,564 Times in 340 Posts

I love polls. Thank you so much for your polls.
Old 02-Jan-20, 20:58
Points: 1,861, Level: 17 Points: 1,861, Level: 17 Points: 1,861, Level: 17
Last Achievements

and where is Yasmin?
Old 03-Jan-20, 01:38
Temporary group
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Yasmin would defeat any of these women.
Old 03-Jan-20, 06:01
Banned
Points: 585, Level: 8 Points: 585, Level: 8 Points: 585, Level: 8
Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Mixed Wrestling [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So, did she really get back to you? Did she show any interest.

Helen looked kind of out of shape in her last match or two and that was 10 years ago. There's no way she'd be in decent fighting shape now.
The Following User Says Thank You to bodyscissors For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Jan-20, 14:27
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

If you haven't read them yet, Helen posted comments under this video 5 years ago:

======

HELEN VON MOTT'S LIST OF THE TOP 10 MOST SKILLED FEMALE SUBMISSION VIDEO/SESSION WRESTLERS (excluding myself of course ;-)):

1) Kathy Gifford
2) Yasmin
3) Ziggy
4) Josephine
5) Shannon Logan
6) Myra
7) Dominique Danger
8) Raquel
9) Fuscia
10) Severa

Some of these women might be a bit 'iffy' for this list. Severa never did any competitive videos or sessions, from all reports Shannon's sessions were nowhere near as exciting as her vids, and both Raquel and Fuscia had far more training in freestyle than in submission style (furthermore, I never actually wrestled Fuscia myself, so unlike the others, my opinion of her skills is based on nothing more than observation).

Helen von Mott

======

Oh yeah - 'Honorable Mention' includes:
Olga
Robin Johnson
Kristie Etsold
Amy O (she was a LOT of fun to watch/wrestle)
Gia Primo
Kyla Luciano
Jett
River
Pippa
Nadege
Angela
Beatrice Goffin

======

My apologies for not posting before now. I don't spend a great deal if time online these days - and honestly...I just got a little burnt out on the whole Internet/fantasy/trash-talk/BS thing.

======

In 2009 I was hired on by the UFC Gym as their only female BJJ instructor - so I sort of had to keep a 'low profile' with regard to the whole sessions/video wrestling thing for a few years, as my job put me in an extremely visible/vulnerable position

======
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Jan-20, 17:13
Last Achievements

I'm less familiar with a few of her mentions, but while I might've ranked some on her list differently none of them seem out of place being on it as of when she posted. Nothing has changed in the past few years as far as Helen being my #1.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:

Tags
beatrice goffin, best wrestler, community, helen von mott, judell du long, kathy gifford, liz lightspeed, maggie jennings, nadege, poll, raquel, shannon logan, sonia fernandez, tiffany