Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Aug-14, 13:31
Points: 8,033, Level: 38 Points: 8,033, Level: 38 Points: 8,033, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: thirty years later

Just looked at the Ultimate British Wrestling site, who promoted Lucy's bout, and, wrestling as Lu Lu, the 17 year old secured a winning pinfall following a DDT blonde bombshell; anyone go and take pictures; more importantly, Lucy, come and join this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to laura lover For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Aug-14, 17:06
Last Achievements

There are 3 photos of the bout on the UBW facebook page. Some additional info, Lucy weighs 110 lbs and previously was the valet for Andy the Hammer Hammersly. She lives in Stevenage and is studying for a Btec.
Old 20-Aug-14, 21:52
Points: 12,119, Level: 47 Points: 12,119, Level: 47 Points: 12,119, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,055 Times in 111 Posts

Mention of the Sunday Scandal Sheet,The News of the World by laura lover reminded me and I'm sure many older fans of the hatchet job they tried more than once on Festelle Video where in one instance a former z list ex girl friend of a one time pop star was used to take part in a topless wrestling bout for Festelle and was reported as having been trained in some perverts garage and not enjoying the experience at all.Having seen the video I would question the truth in that statement.
The other piece aimed in the same general direction was when The LGIS girls fought in London,this wasn't strictly true as the boxing took place at a hotel in Watford with the News of the World reporting of badly hurt girls left crying in corridors.I believe there were two British girls went in the ring with them,one was the London Parks gardener Sue Atkins who didn't go topless and the Scots girl Jo Mc who did.
Though they didn't realise it at the time they probably did more to promote our interest than any number of expensive copies of Amazons in Action.
For anyone who is interested Rockin Roxanne is still producing film of the bouts at Watford.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klaus For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Aug-14, 13:06
Last Achievements

Thanks for the info, Klaus; I knew that the rag did a hatchet job on the mens game back in the 70s, but was unaware of their attacks on LGIS and Festelle.
The "Mail" has done some useful past features on women bodyguards and on female celebrities learning self-defence as well as their July piece on Lulu and an earlier article on a womens wrestling outfit from Nottingham.
In the 80s, the "Guardian" did a feature on the womens UK scene around about the time they featured mid 80s on the bill at The Albert Hall for the first time; they had a photo of Mitzi Mueller dodging Klondyke Kate who was about to hit the canx=vas pretty hard. In the 70S, one of the Saturday or Sunday broadsheet supplements had a 3 or 4 page spread on Mitzi and co, too.
Old 21-Aug-14, 13:40
Last Achievements

Furthermore, the "Mirror", especially on Saturdays - and quite possibly "The Sun" on that day too- used to advertise womens and mixed wrestling films and videos. Three titles, from Sports Industries in London W14 stand out, "Paul v Paula", "Smother(ing) Bitch" and "Make Him Suffer" - I wonder if any readers are familiar with these tapes.
Going back to the 70s, in the small ads, "Amateur Photographer" and even "Exchange and Mart", used to advertise womens and mixed wrestling 8 mm films as did the usual mens magazine suspects such as "Fiesta", "Knave" and "Penthouse" etc.
Old 03-Jul-16, 23:40
Points: 7,021, Level: 35 Points: 7,021, Level: 35 Points: 7,021, Level: 35
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPaul [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I came across these pictures of British policewomen in a self defense exhibition. In the caption of the first pic you can read the lady's name. The other pics portrait the same lady. She looks very capable and fit. Thirty years later she has become an executive of the British Red Cross. How do you think she would do today in a real fight?
Forgot how sexy policewomen looked in skirts and black tights
Old 18-Sep-18, 14:06
Last Achievements

For the benefit of Lucky Paul and others, Age Fotostock have recently (about 5 days ago)released a batch of black and white photos showing that policewoman in self defence action, this time at a 1971 demonstration. Type "Moya Wood-Heath" and you will find her; the photo of her doing a somersault throw on a male colleague is particularly arousing as I am sure all you "leg men" will agree !
Old 18-Sep-18, 14:41
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPaul [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I came across these pictures of British policewomen in a self defense exhibition. In the caption of the first pic you can read the lady's name. The other pics portrait the same lady. She looks very capable and fit. Thirty years later she has become an executive of the British Red Cross. How do you think she would do today in a real fight?

She apparently at least knew some judo throws back in the day.

Guess her fate in a real fight might depend on if she knows any jiu-jitsu submissions.
Old 19-Sep-18, 01:32
Points: 3,366, Level: 24 Points: 3,366, Level: 24 Points: 3,366, Level: 24
Last Achievements

I've missed this thread completely till now. Thanks for the memories here!

Nice to read about the tabloid stories from the 80s - I remember the story about Madamme Kiss, being described as something like "a mild-mannered secretary by day..." lol!

Another one that stuck in my childhood brain - does anyone remember the infamous "Lady Bouncer" story that Max Clifford planted in the Daily Mirror to promote the Xenon nightclub in London? The woman definitely looked the part - even in her mini dress and heels. Clifford later admitted it was rubbish, but hell, print the legend!

As for Clifford, less said the better.
Old 17-Feb-23, 15:01
Last Achievements

50 years on rather than 30 years on, I recently saw a Press Agency photo of a ladies bout in February 1973 at Chester Town Hall. It is an excellent action pic of one girl throwing another. The victim, back to camera, is blonde and in a light one piece outfit whilst her tormentor is most probably the late, great Viv Martell- dark one piece, low cut top and a statuesque figure point that way. As for the blonde it could be Mitzi Mueller (the two had a great rivalry throughout most of the 70s) or perhaps Lena Blair, although she usually fought in a dark one piece.
The Following User Says Thank You to laura lover For This Useful Post: