Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Mar-16, 11:19
Points: 5,583, Level: 31 Points: 5,583, Level: 31 Points: 5,583, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennurliart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Death match?
Yes, as in: "I haven't played Doom for weeks, let's get nachos, Jolt cola and play death matches until the sun comes up!"
Old 28-Mar-16, 19:37
Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Default Re: Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match

Test your theory. Challenge a very good wrestler to a competitive session. If you have to submit to a choke or strangle hold before you apply one to her, you are "dead" if she wanted to ignore your tap.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestler123 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Mar-16, 20:42
Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Test your theory. Challenge a very good wrestler to a competitive session. If you have to submit to a choke or strangle hold before you apply one to her, you are "dead" if she wanted to ignore your tap.
Even if it's not exactly what he said, yes, this may work (or, at least, may give him a nice idea of a "possible life's situation")... Moreover, just to have a better "test", give her more than one chance...
Old 28-Mar-16, 22:13
Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

I don't think you (original poster) realize just how good these women are.
I'm 6 feet tall +80 kilos - not skilled at anything resembling fighting.
Me against VeVe is like me fighting an 8 year old child - with me playing the part of the kid of course.
Helpless doesn't even begin to describe it.
These women know how to fight. They are skilled, they are ready, they are not afraid.
You need combat training - or massive strength and agility to beat them.
Old 29-Mar-16, 02:08
Points: 7,341, Level: 36 Points: 7,341, Level: 36 Points: 7,341, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y4syspok [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would imagine that even a black belt in jujitsu would lose to a somewhat athletic male who weighs a lot more than her, given that weight advantage would play heavily in the blow trading.
Most people forget that there is Jujitsu, a martial art that is basically focused on self defense and finding the quickest way to neutralize your opponent in any situation, Brazilian Ju Jitsu which is grappling. A true black belt in Ju Jitsu [the original] would demolish most opponents. BJJ is great for grappling. But a Jujitsu expert would know how to use their opponents weight against them and not get into a "blow trading" setup.

For some background/history, jujitsu is one of the oldest Japanese martial arts. From it came Aikido which kept the soft techniques and focused on using your opponent's momentum against them. Another derivative is Judo, which removed most of the dangerous aspects and kept the throwing and some ground work. Judo and BJJ, while a real martial art, are more sport than a true fighting technique because of what is not allowed.

For example, take a situation where a person is about to be trapped in a guillotine type hold on the ground. A BJJ person would try to grapple out and a Judoka would similarly find a way within the rules of Judo to escape or counter. A jujitsu practitioner would do whatever they could to escape - hits to the groin of the opponent, foot stomps, scraping their foot down the shin of the other person, etc.

Now I will get off my soap box
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestlefan2009 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Mar-16, 16:31
Points: 4,897, Level: 29 Points: 4,897, Level: 29 Points: 4,897, Level: 29
Last Achievements

The fantasizer in me obviously wants the answer to be that one of these girls could kill me in a no holds barred death match.

Maybe VeVe could. Never wrestled her.

There were times I felt Nikki Fierce could have killed me, but as I've said in a session review of her, she is so light that had I really feared for my life and not known I was in a fantasy world, I'm sure I could have thrown her off, or if not, then gotten up and slammed her into something to get her to break the hold.

That being said, as others have alluded to, if she finds a way to get my back and lock in a deep choke, the amount of time I have to find a way to break free (which ain't gonna happen by trying to pry her arms off with my hands), is less than 5 seconds.

The thought is arousing. It could happen if you underestimate her. Or if you are just a weak, slow guy.

For me, it seems unlikely someone like Nikki could kill me without me giving up a little either on purpose or accidentally due to sloppiness/laziness. I assume VeVe is one notch (or two) ahead of Nikki in terms of "killing prowess" on a scale of 10 so maybe I'd have a different tune there.

Hard to say, but I'd certainly rate the scenario "plausible" . . . And "likely" if you are weak and slow.
Old 29-Mar-16, 23:24
Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,590 Times in 580 Posts

I'm not sure about death, but if Felice Herrig locked in this hold and refused to let go it probably wouldn't end well. (and I'm not sure what's up with the weird music)

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 30-Mar-16, 14:14
Points: 3,256, Level: 23 Points: 3,256, Level: 23 Points: 3,256, Level: 23
Last Achievements

I'm presuming your hypothetical scenario pits a skilled, smaller female wrestler against a much larger, but untrained, man. Otherwise it makes little sense. If he's as skilled as she is, yes, it will be a mismatch in his favor. *YAWN*

Consider. I am much larger than most female session girls, and despite my advanced age I'm still strong and I punch hard. So, despite my lack of skill, if I were to land a punch, at full strength, on one of these gals, yes, I would knock her out cold and end the "match."

And yes, it would take a true life-or-death scenario for me to overcome my lifelong aversion to striking a woman. So there you are.

The thing is, I will almost certainly never land that punch, because a skilled female wrestler will be way too fast for me, as several others have already noted. She will use my size against me. I may swing, but I'll probably miss, and once she gets my arms immobilized it will be game over.

I think you are seriously underestimating the speed and skill that a trained, fit female wrestler will bring to a fight.

Another thing is, what is a "death match," anyway, in real life? No sane person of either sex would voluntarily sign up for one or offer to start one. So presumably we are talking about a life-or-death combat scenario where one person's duty is to kill (or completely immobilize) the other. Regardless of whether the aggressor is male or female, then, he or she will strike with no warning, in an environment conducive to his or her combat skills, and the "fight" will be over in seconds. It may be "a fight to the death," and the larger man may be perfectly willing to clobber the smaller woman with all his might, but he'll never get the chance.

In other words, I think you should abandon these video-game fantasies and actually try wrestling a skilled female. I guarantee you will enjoy it!
The Following User Says Thank You to BYH For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Dec-17, 22:46
Points: 1,815, Level: 17 Points: 1,815, Level: 17 Points: 1,815, Level: 17
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%
Last Achievements

I have wrestled smaller and larger women. I wrestled a woman 250 pds and the first fall lasted all of about 1 1/2 minutes because she forced me to my back from a kneeling position because of her strength. From there when I tried to turn and get up she forced her right arm around my neck in a perfect sleeper hold and right before I tapped I was almost out. I have no doubt if I would not have tapped she could have choked me to death and I couldn't stop her. The second one more of the same but she schoolgirl pinned me and choked me with her hands until I was almost out again and if I wouldn't have tapped she could have choked me to death. The girl was as strong if not stronger and I was definitely at her mercy!!

Added after 30 minutes:

I have wrestled smaller and larger women. I wrestled a woman 250 pds and the first fall lasted all of about 1 1/2 minutes because she forced me to my back from a kneeling position because of her strength. From there when I tried to turn and get up she forced her right arm around my neck in a perfect sleeper hold and right before I tapped I was almost out. I have no doubt if I would not have tapped she could have choked me to death and I couldn't stop her. The second one more of the same but she schoolgirl pinned me and choked me with her hands until I was almost out again and if I wouldn't have tapped she could have choked me to death. The girl was as strong if not stronger and I was definitely at her mercy!!

Last edited by choked; 08-Dec-17 at 22:46.
Old 09-Dec-17, 08:46
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Without a doubt, I'd have a better chance of winning a death match than winning a regular session. Being able to punch, kick, knee, elbow, slam, etc would certainly help my chances more than it would help hers. I also think I (and most guys) hold back more in sessions than most girls do.

Most of the top girls would still beat me though. My chances of beating Veve might rise from 0% in a regular session to 5% in a death match. It would still be really hard to prevent her from locking in a submission, after which it would be life over for me.