Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Nov-12, 00:01
Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Story vs the main character

Freestyle fan brought up an interesting question on the poll story thread. It leads me to an idea I've wanted to explore with authors since I first got interested in this genre since the Cavalier days.

You read a story such as the one Eric wrote based on the poll. It told of a girl encounters boy, girls fights and beats boy. FSF brought up, where this girl got her skills from.

I've often wondered why authors don't delve into this idea of developing the character more in depth, rather than tell one isolated story. Which is why I wanted to hear more about the Natalia character and brought up the idea for the story to continue.

The interest in developing the characters strength and skill comes form somewhere and it manifests itself as time goes on. In the case of Natalie that wasn't her first fight and I doubt it would be the last. There's many stories that I've read over the years in Cavalier Nugget Diana's and here that generate an interest in a character leaving you wondering what came before and what might come next.

I'd love to hear what some of the great writers here think about this idea.
Old 25-Nov-12, 00:05
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Story vs the main character

Hey, that could lead to a full-length novel LOL
Old 25-Nov-12, 00:09
Banned
Last Achievements

Just to suggest some possibilities:

1. Natalia was on her hs wrestling team, after being challenged that, because she is a girl, she couldn't handle it.

2. Natalia has several brothers (this, maybe, is a cliche)
3. Her father always wanted a son, and brought her up this way.

In fact, the sky's the limit here
Old 25-Nov-12, 00:32
Points: 45,370, Level: 93 Points: 45,370, Level: 93 Points: 45,370, Level: 93
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,733 Times in 468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psn4lf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Freestyle fan brought up an interesting question on the poll story thread. It leads me to an idea I've wanted to explore with authors since I first got interested in this genre since the Cavalier days.

You read a story such as the one Eric wrote based on the poll. It told of a girl encounters boy, girls fights and beats boy. FSF brought up, where this girl got her skills from.

I've often wondered why authors don't delve into this idea of developing the character more in depth, rather than tell one isolated story. Which is why I wanted to hear more about the Natalia character and brought up the idea for the story to continue.

The interest in developing the characters strength and skill comes form somewhere and it manifests itself as time goes on. In the case of Natalie that wasn't her first fight and I doubt it would be the last. There's many stories that I've read over the years in Cavalier Nugget Diana's and here that generate an interest in a character leaving you wondering what came before and what might come next.

I'd love to hear what some of the great writers here think about this idea.
I've seen a number of writers do this before. David Sullivan wrote a whole bunch of backstory for Sandi Stone, although it wasn't the most plausible tale ever, since Sandi was a woman who could cripple Godzilla in the first ten seconds of round one... apparently even when she was thirteen years old.

Brooksie wrote some pretty great backstory for his "The Tomboy," although he later removed the stories from Diana's website. I don't know why, but honestly I suspect that when you write a bunch of sexy backstory starring a twelve-year-old, some people start to raise their eyebrows. It can be problematic to delve back *too* far into childhood.
Old 25-Nov-12, 04:30
Points: 12,472, Level: 48 Points: 12,472, Level: 48 Points: 12,472, Level: 48
Last Achievements

After I read the story, the first thing that popped into my mind was Natalia did some type of pro, or private club wrestling. I remember those old Cavalier stories & loved the ones where the girl turned out to be a pro, but tried to keep it quiet or separate from her every day life - I can't help it, I just love reading about the lady pros....LOL.
Old 25-Nov-12, 05:17
Banned
Last Achievements

That doesn't sound too likely, does it? After all, she's very young. HS wrestling sounds to me like a better bet
Old 25-Nov-12, 06:03
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That doesn't sound too likely, does it? After all, she's very young. HS wrestling sounds to me like a better bet
All right, all right, you guys really want to know, I'll write y'all a prequel

Various factors permitting, maybe I can get it written tonight.
Old 25-Nov-12, 08:42
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRRobert [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
All right, all right, you guys really want to know, I'll write y'all a prequel

Various factors permitting, maybe I can get it written tonight.
Okay! I guess I got it done in two and a half hours. Man, if only I could be this motivated about my job :P

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 25-Nov-12, 09:55
Points: 12,472, Level: 48 Points: 12,472, Level: 48 Points: 12,472, Level: 48
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I guess how believable it sounds depends on your point of view & personal experiences. For instance, I've known a few girls who started pro training & doing Indy shows right out of highschool - one still had braces on her teeth the first time I met her....I know, very dangerous, but she had a great teacher who knew how to work around that safely.

I see your point though. I'm just saying it's believable to me cause I've experienced it first hand.
Old 25-Nov-12, 17:15
Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I remember the Sandy stone stories and I very well remember Brooksie. We exchanged posts I think on Diana's site a long time ago. I remember the Tomboy story but forgot about the age. I dont even know if i have any of this old stories, but I do know someone else did write a continuation. As far as the age goes i do agree with you that is ridiculous.