Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Oct-18, 23:32
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Teen Girl Uses BJJ To Submit Male in MMA In 22 Seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you are correct, then there will be plenty of coaches, exercise physiologists and other experts who will have said that strength matters more in the higher weights.

So how about showing me the experts who back up your argument?
Huh? That makes no sense at all. The fact that a random poster on a forum holds a given position - whether informed or not - in NO way means that "plenty of experts will have weighed in" on such a topic.

Maybe lfourt has been researching this for years on his own.
Old 06-Oct-18, 23:53
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Huh? That makes no sense at all. The fact that a random poster on a forum holds a given position - whether informed or not - in NO way means that "plenty of experts will have weighed in" on such a topic.

Maybe lfourt has been researching this for years on his own.

If strength matters more in mixed matches at higher weight classes, then there should be evidence to prove it, no?

One source would be wrestling coaches, who presumably would back his argument. Another would be academic researchers.

If it’s based on his research, then I’m puzzled why he hasn’t said so.
Old 07-Oct-18, 01:40
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Last Achievements

"Nearly every breakthrough has come in the 103-pound class, the lightest division, where strength differences aren't so pronounced."

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

At the hs level they wrestle boys because there are not enough girls to build own divisions. On college itīs not a much better situation but there it is sparated again and mens wrestling starts at 125 lbs. guess why?

So honestly i donīt do all the research for you again, and iīm not willing to spend a lot of time in finding back all the things i read.

If you do not share my opinion so life goes on.

Last edited by lfourt; 07-Oct-18 at 01:46.
Old 07-Oct-18, 12:52
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
"Nearly every breakthrough has come in the 103-pound class, the lightest division, where strength differences aren't so pronounced."

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

At the hs level they wrestle boys because there are not enough girls to build own divisions. On college itīs not a much better situation but there it is sparated again and mens wrestling starts at 125 lbs. guess why?

So honestly i donīt do all the research for you again, and iīm not willing to spend a lot of time in finding back all the things i read.

If you do not share my opinion so life goes on.

You cited a sports writer, not someone with expertise such as a coach or academic researcher.

Girls/women have only been allowed to wrestle for 25 years or so, and remain outnumbered 14-plus to one by boys/men.

That, combined with the lower weights that girls/women have, make it unlikely that females will win mixed-gender championships at higher weights.
Old 07-Oct-18, 13:45
Last Achievements

iīm pretty sure a sports writer does also some research, he taks to people.
i guess those people do their homework first.

14:1 is the ratio of all weightclasses itīs for sure closer at 106/113 lbs.

Where is your proof of an academic researcher that iīm wrong??

But i think i could discuss with you for two years without any results. so just a waste of time. As i said i donīt really care if you share my opinion or not.

Last edited by lfourt; 07-Oct-18 at 13:56.
Old 07-Oct-18, 13:56
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
iīm pretty sure a sports writer does also some research, he taks to people.
i guess those people do their homework first.

Where is your proof of an academic researcher that iīm wrong??

But i think i could discuss with you for two years without any results. so just a waste of time. As i said i donīt really care if you share my opinion or not.

You make an argument, refuse to provide research to prove it, and instead ask me to disprove it.

I wonder why.
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:04
Last Achievements

I delivered something.
Itīs not my bad that you donīt like the result.

You delivered nothing to proof your point. All you say is that does not count. Thatīs not what she meant. He is just a sports writer....

I read a lot more articels like that, but as i said iīm not willling to find them all back for you. You have to do yourself or just keep your opinion iīm fine with that.
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:32
Last Achievements

Quote:
I delivered something.
Itīs not my bad that you donīt like the result.

You delivered nothing to proof your point. All you say is that does not count. Thatīs not what she meant. He is just a sports writer....

I read a lot more articels like that, but as i said iīm not willling to find them all back for you. You have to do yourself or just keep your opinion iīm fine with that.

The only evidence you have is a single unattributed statement from someone who lacks expertise in the field.

Remember this evidence I provided before?

It's all still true.

Points: 4,510, Level: 28 Points: 4,510, Level: 28 Points: 4,510, Level: 28
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements
[A member for 5 years and counting!] [A member for 4 years and counting!] [A member for 3 years and counting!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt View Post
because the difference in strenght becomes greater between women and men.
A female state champion said after her win that there is not much of a difference at 106 lbs. and some coaches said that 120 lbs is the edge where the difference becomes more and more significant.

Women defeat men in every kind of sports itīs just a matter of level, but my point is you canīt compare women and men 1:1.

That doesn't answer my question.

Wrestling techniques such as double-leg takedowns work because they employ leverage, not strength.

This coach [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] as much, as does [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] one.

Even the Encyclopedia Britannica [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] so.

What evidence shows that strength matters more at higher weights than at lower ones?
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:51
Last Achievements

Itīs not an evidence that strength does not become more important at the higher weights boy vs girl. Itīs just about the technique. And i also never said that technique is unimortant itīs the basis.
i also did not say that strenght is the one and only at the higher weights, the difference between boys and girls becomes just more significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What evidence shows that strength matters more at higher weights than at lower ones?

The evidence what coaches and articles said (2 i pointed out) but again i donīt do this research again for you. and this must be enough. Itīs starts to get a waste of time for both of us.

Last edited by lfourt; 07-Oct-18 at 15:00.
Old 07-Oct-18, 15:03
Last Achievements

Quote:
Itīs not an evidence that strength does not become more important at the higher weights boy vs girl. Itīs just about the technique. And i also never said that technique is unimortant itīs the basis.
i also did not say that strenght is the one and only at the higher weights, the difference between boys and girls becomes just more significant.

The evidence what coaches and artices said (2 i pointed out) but again i donīt do this research again for you. and this must be enough. Itīs starts to get a waste of time for both of us.

The female wrestler in your CBS article makes the same argument I do: Wrestling is about skill.

That article says nothing about strength being more important at higher weights.

If the author of the USA Today article got his information from experts, then which experts provided that info and what evidence shows they were the sources?