Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Oct-18, 16:25
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Teen Girl Uses BJJ To Submit Male in MMA In 22 Seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You found one source who talks about strength. Good for you.
i found more in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If Hale were to gain 10 or 15 pounds, she might risk not reaching the state tournament again or even making her school’s varsity team, Bailo said.
Hale would be on the same high techniqual level at 120 lbs and he pointed also out that it would be much harder for her even though she would be same high skilled wrestler. you know what he means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some teen girls may walk around at 120 to 140. But few have big enough frames to wrestle there.
i would say thatīs a claim.
Old 07-Oct-18, 16:37
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
i found more in the past.

And you've even shared one that support my argument.

Hale would be on the same high techniqual level at 120 lbs and he pointed also out that it would be much harder for her even though she would be same high skilled wrestler. you know what he means.

I can read his mind? When did I get that ability?

i would say thatīs a claim.

A 17-year-old girl who walks around at 140 is in the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]e for females her age.
Old 07-Oct-18, 16:39
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Hypothesis: The difference in the strength of a 105-lb male athlete relative to a 105-lb female athlete is less than the difference in strength between a 175-lb male athlete and a 175-lb female athlete.

Questions to consider:

1) What role does strength play in wrestling?
2) What percent of success in wrestling can be definitely attributed to strength as opposed to skill, speed, and/or flexibility?
3) Is a 175-lb athlete (male or female) likely to be more flexible or less flexible than a 105-lb athlete?
4) Are female athletes - regardless of weight - generally more flexible or less flexible than male athletes?
Old 07-Oct-18, 16:41
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Last Achievements

and that means a girl at 130 or 140 lbs i not able to learn the technique and becomes a good wrestler?
Old 07-Oct-18, 16:48
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
and that means a girl at 130 or 140 lbs i not able to learn the technique and become a good wrestler?

It means relatively few 17-year-old girls are large enough to even walk around at that weight.

As wrestlers usually cut weight, the percentage large enough to wrestle at 140 could be less still.

Females of any size can learn technique and wrestle well.

The issue is there are very few large enough to wrestle at the higher weights, regardless of their talent.

For every girl that joins a wrestling team, there are 14 guys who join as well.

The numbers are such that it becomes extremely unlikely that girls will be able to wrestle at elite levels at higher weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hypothesis: The difference in the strength of a 105-lb male athlete relative to a 105-lb female athlete is less than the difference in strength between a 175-lb male athlete and a 175-lb female athlete.

Questions to consider:

1) What role does strength play in wrestling?
2) What percent of success in wrestling can be definitely attributed to strength as opposed to skill, speed, and/or flexibility?
3) Is a 175-lb athlete (male or female) likely to be more flexible or less flexible than a 105-lb athlete?
4) Are female athletes - regardless of weight - generally more flexible or less flexible than male athletes?

These are fair questions, sir. But I have to get some work done, so I will have to tackle them another time, lol.
Old 07-Oct-18, 18:42
Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't think I could beat Laila Ali in a boxing match, nor do I think I could even last more than a few moments with her. BUT, there is this hardwired, incredibly misguided belief somewhere in my mind that wants me to *think* I could compete with 90% or more of the recreational/amateur female boxers, just as I *think* I could compete with 90% or more of the smaller male boxers.

NEITHER OF THOSE IS ACTUALLY TRUE. Why? Because - like most people on the planet - I hate being hit in the face!!

Suspension of disbelief can a wonderful thing to help form and enjoy one's fantasies.
I don't know I used to box. If you can get in shape to go a few rounds than some of the amateur girls, especially the smaller ones might not be too tough. Personally, I think women are better designed for grappling.
Old 07-Oct-18, 19:38
Points: 3,523, Level: 24 Points: 3,523, Level: 24 Points: 3,523, Level: 24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlylegs [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't know I used to box. If you can get in shape to go a few rounds than some of the amateur girls, especially the smaller ones might not be too tough. Personally, I think women are better designed for grappling.
Agreed. Strength makes a world of difference in striking.