Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 18-May-18, 23:52
G-Force

Default Re: Suffrajitsu: Suffragettes Who Defended Women’s Rights With Jujitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So you make a factual claim, but you're unwilling to provide a first-hand source of information to support it.

I wonder why.
Because I abhor laziness on the readers part....
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Now please site your references to support your argument that the Suffragettes couldn't have practiced the art as it is only grappling based.

Added after 14 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You've quoted Wikipedia twice.

You do have a first-hand source for your information, right?
Ummm, that wasn't my citation dude, try Amazonia. And unless there is some big secret conspiracy out there to manipulate the facts on which specific art was practiced by early 20th century Suffragettes, I'm going to assume the Wikipedia source Amazonia cited is probably accurate. You just don't like it that your original statement was corrected .

Last edited by G-Force; 18-May-18 at 23:52.
Old 19-May-18, 00:02
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Now please site your references to support your argument that the Suffragettes couldn't have practiced the art as it is only grappling based.

If you make a factual claim, guy, then it's odd that you ask other people to find supporting evidence for you.

You linked to a web site for a martial arts school, which anybody can open. How is this one authoritative?

There are any number of authoritative sources on jits:

Encyclopedia on martial arts, edited by an anthropology professor from Texas A&M: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

From the Gracie academy: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 14 minutes:

Ummm, that wasn't my citation dude, try Amazonia. And unless there is some big secret conspiracy out there to manipulate the facts on which specific art was practiced by early 20th century Suffragettes, I'm going to assume the Wikipedia source Amazonia cited is probably accurate. You just don't like it that your original statement was corrected .

Wikipedia isn't a first-hand source because you can't independently verify who posted the material or how credible they are.

The fact you think it's "probably accurate" isn't the same as showing it is.

If you don't like citing your sources, then you shouldn't make factual claims.

Last edited by ClckwrkOra; 19-May-18 at 00:02.
Old 19-May-18, 00:58
G-Force

Quote:
If you make a factual claim, guy, then it's odd that you ask other people to find supporting evidence for you.

You linked to a web site for a martial arts school, which anybody can open. How is this one authoritative?

There are any number of authoritative sources on jits:

Encyclopedia on martial arts, edited by an anthropology professor from Texas A&M: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

From the Gracie academy: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 5 minutes:

Wikipedia isn't a first-hand source because you can't independently verify who posted the material or how credible they are.

The fact you think it's "probably accurate" isn't the same as showing it is.

If you don't like citing your sources, then you shouldn't make factual claims.
No. I gave you three links guy. This isn't a scientific hypothesis. How much more do you require? You were wrong. I gave you the reason. This forum isn't a research paper. I went to college, I understand the difference between credible sources and questionable sources. If you don't want to dig deeper that's YOUR problem not mine. And I'm still bewildered as to why you keep pressing the issue when it has been made abundantly clear that you didn't know what you were talking about when you made an uneducated and unresearched post to begin with. Bottom line, my "claim" was factual, yours was not. End of story. I kindly corrected you, Now you've been corrected again. You're welcome.

Last edited by G-Force; 19-May-18 at 01:14.
Old 19-May-18, 00:59
Last Achievements

Quote:
No. You were wrong. I gave you the reason. This forum isn't a research paper. I went to college, I understand the difference between credible sources and questionable sources. If you don't want to dig deeper that's YOUR problem not mine. And I'm still bewildered as to why you keep pressing the issue when it's clear it has been made abundantly clear that you didn't know what you were talking about when you made an uneducated and unresearched post to begin with. Now you've been corrected. You're welcome.
So you went to college, and you want me to prove your argument for you?
Old 19-May-18, 01:08
G-Force

Quote:
So you went to college, and you want me to prove your argument for you?
Lol..you seriously are just embarrassing yourself now. All you need to do is admit you were wrong, no big deal. You know what, I take that back, believe whatever you want. You clearly know you were wrong but obviously want to stick to some sideline argument about how I should have given you collegiate resources to validate my factual claim...lol. I have nothing more to offer someone that can't do their own research.
Old 19-May-18, 01:13
Last Achievements

Quote:
Lol..you seriously are just embarrassing yourself now. All you need to do is admit you were wrong, no big deal. You know what, I take that back, believe whatever you want. You clearly know you were wrong but obviously want to stick to some sideline argument about how I should have given you collegiate resources to validate my factual claim...lol. I have nothing more to offer someone that can't do their own research.

Ok, so you admit that you want me to prove your argument, because you don't want to do the research.

Admit it - you don't know who runs the Judo Information Site, do you?
Old 19-May-18, 01:44
G-Force

Quote:
Ok, so you admit that you want me to prove your argument, because you don't want to do the research.

Admit it - you don't know who runs the Judo Information Site, do you?
Well if you want me to hold your hand, then maybe I should have to cite sources that prove the Suffragettes really existed too?...hmmm. Maybe it's all just a major conspiracy perpetrated at the highest levels to perpetuate the feminist agenda. Yes, yes there you go...now where can I find some sources? I apologize for the sarcasm but you are just too much fun.
Old 19-May-18, 02:01
Last Achievements

Quote:
Well if you want me to hold your hand, then maybe I should have to cite sources that prove the Suffragettes really existed too?...hmmm. Maybe it's all just a major conspiracy perpetrated at the highest levels to perpetuate the feminist agenda. Yes, yes there you go...now where can I find some sources? I apologize for the sarcasm but you are just too much fun.

Well, I didn't say anything about a conspiracy. But I guess you believe there is because you went to college.

You know the difference between credible sources and questionable sources.

That's why you cite Wikipedia, whose information can come from literally anybody.

Have you figured out who is behind the Judo Information Site yet?
Old 19-May-18, 03:06
G-Force

Quote:
Well, I didn't say anything about a conspiracy. But I guess you believe there is because you went to college.

You know the difference between credible sources and questionable sources.

That's why you cite Wikipedia, whose information can come from literally anybody.

Have you figured out who is behind the Judo Information Site yet?
Lovely misdirection tactics you've got there. You definitely went to college. Major in law by chance? You'd make a great politician. You're clearly wrong but you can still keep on spinning it. I could provide 10 citations and you'd still keep squirming and spinning. I can accept that you made a mistake, why can't you? You're like reasoning with a wall. Clearly we have nothing more to discuss but don't let me stop you from getting the last word in...which we know you will. Cheers
Old 19-May-18, 03:28
Last Achievements

Quote:
Lovely misdirection tactics you've got there. You definitely went to college. Major in law by chance? You'd make a great politician. You're clearly wrong but you can still keep on spinning it. I could provide 10 citations and you'd still keep squirming and spinning. I can accept that you made a mistake, why can't you? You're like reasoning with a wall. Clearly we have nothing more to discuss but don't let me stop you from getting the last word in...which we know you will. Cheers
Hey, you’re the guy who’s mad other people won’t make his arguments for him.

How could I get the last word in on someone of your lofty stature?
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post: