Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 11-Oct-11, 04:20
Points: 3,941, Level: 26 Points: 3,941, Level: 26 Points: 3,941, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Why aren't more women involved in mixed wrestling?

Based pearly from observation it appears that there are far more men who enjoy combat fetishes than women. There are quite a few session wrestlers out there that really do seem to enjoy it, but they also get paid. At first glance you would think that more women would like this kind of thing. After all, it is often the woman who gets to be dominant, which in a mostly male dominated society they may not get that chance every day. Maybe most women just aren't that in to the whole dominance thing? Or is it a biological predisposition?

Although, femdom in general seems to be pretty popular with women. However, I came across a blog a while ago that made me think. It was a blog by women who were into the femdom lifestyle, however; they reject most of main stream femdom because they see most of it as an imposter type of femdom. That is, men get woman to full fill their domination fantasies, where the men are actually the ones who are in control because they tell the women just the right way to dominate them. So, you have to wonder, in these types of scenarios who is really in control? The man telling the woman how to dominate him? Or the woman doing the dominating?

On further inquiry, I wonder myself if I would truly want a woman to dominate me completely with out having any say or control in what she does to me. For instance, I am not a fan of strap-on. I have never experimented with it nor does it appeal to me. Therefore, I would not be thrilled at the idea of a woman essentially raping me with a strap-on. But, much of what I like about femdom is that very quality, where the woman has complete control despite the males best efforts. I also don't like femdom unless the woman is genuinely dominant, and enjoying what she is doing, and not doing it just to full fill a males fantasies.

I am just curious about what other members' opinions might be on this subject, and if any of the things I mentioned may have an influence on women participating in our community. I would especially like to hear from any female members.

Last edited by mixedwrestlingfan86; 11-Oct-11 at 04:29.
Old 11-Oct-11, 12:21
Points: 75,682, Level: 100 Points: 75,682, Level: 100 Points: 75,682, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,751 Times in 631 Posts
Default Re: Why aren't more women involved in mixed wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingfan86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Based pearly from observation it appears that there are far more men who enjoy combat fetishes than women. There are quite a few session wrestlers out there that really do seem to enjoy it, but they also get paid. At first glance you would think that more women would like this kind of thing. After all, it is often the woman who gets to be dominant, which in a mostly male dominated society they may not get that chance every day. Maybe most women just aren't that in to the whole dominance thing? Or is it a biological predisposition?

Although, femdom in general seems to be pretty popular with women. However, I came across a blog a while ago that made me think. It was a blog by women who were into the femdom lifestyle, however; they reject most of main stream femdom because they see most of it as an imposter type of femdom. That is, men get woman to full fill their domination fantasies, where the men are actually the ones who are in control because they tell the women just the right way to dominate them. So, you have to wonder, in these types of scenarios who is really in control? The man telling the woman how to dominate him? Or the woman doing the dominating?

On further inquiry, I wonder myself if I would truly want a woman to dominate me completely with out having any say or control in what she does to me. For instance, I am not a fan of strap-on. I have never experimented with it nor does it appeal to me. Therefore, I would not be thrilled at the idea of a woman essentially raping me with a strap-on. But, much of what I like about femdom is that very quality, where the woman has complete control despite the males best efforts. I also don't like femdom unless the woman is genuinely dominant, and enjoying what she is doing, and not doing it just to full fill a males fantasies.

I am just curious about what other members' opinions might be on this subject, and if any of the things I mentioned may have an influence on women participating in our community. I would especially like to hear from any female members.
D/s is about control. One partner relinquishes it and another takes it. It's a lifestyle with the sub accepting the control of the dominant. A man may be physically stronger than the woman and able to overpower her but he doesn't. He has freely given his submission and accepted her authority.

A submissive gets his pleasure from serving and giving pleasure to his mistress. It is all about her. Fetishists and masochists will have a list of things they wish to happen. It's about satisfying their desires more than pleasing the mistress. Their pleasure is the act itself not submitting and serving.

Wrestling is a fetish. It can be part of a D/s relationship if both have the fetish but it doesn't fit well. It involves a struggle for dominance that shouldn't happen if one partner has submitted to the other. It can work as fantasy wrestling with the man obviously letting the woman win but not with truly competitive wrestling.

Women generally have other ways of gaining control than through physical strength. We manipulate rather than overpower. Overpowering physically is more of a male trait and while I can see the appeal there are easier ways to dominate than the purely physical. For me personally wrestling is a secondary interest. I prefer facesitting and objectification where the man accepts his place under me and does his best to serve. He will generally be bigger and stronger but he has accepted my dominance nevertheless.

All the above is merely my personal view and others may disagree. That's ok. We all have to do what works for us.

Last edited by sillver; 12-Oct-11 at 01:35.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Oct-11, 13:02
Points: 38,470, Level: 86 Points: 38,470, Level: 86 Points: 38,470, Level: 86
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,132 Times in 324 Posts

Well heres my stand..dieing to contribute here,as always.
The forum is fine,I have chatted to and listened to some great people here, although its a pity there arent more active females contributing,such as this debate.I listen to most people, their views and take out bits that interest me.
Sure... it seems that these types of fetish forums are male dominated,but I get the feeling, there are just as many females that also have the same interests,but just dont feel right in putting their views over.
I personally like to be totally dominated, maybe in a submissive role,where I submit my rights,feelings and totally obey what she desires,but have the option to resist if required,IF I know the female partner is enjoying that
That is the important fact for me,the female must actully have the dominating fetish within her and enjoy it as well as me,if not more.If I get the feeling shes doing it to fullfil my fantascy, then it becomes very uninteresting and unattractive.
I think my interests lie in being dominated,totally out played and to serve the requirement of the female.Unfortunately these feeling usually stay as fantascies..the reality is always a bridge too far.
Old 11-Oct-11, 16:39
Points: 24,889, Level: 68 Points: 24,889, Level: 68 Points: 24,889, Level: 68
Last Achievements

I might be wrong. And I hope to be wrong.
But sadly I think that we tend to overestimate the number of women who truly enjoy being the dominant one in a sexual/erotic scenario. I've got reasons to believe that there are so many more women out there that are into the submissive type than the dominant type.
I don't know...I've probably been unlucky in my personal experience but most of the girls I've dated seemed to enjoy being dominated (or being submissive in bed) at least as much as I do.
As for the girls into the mixed wrestling scene, I really think that there are only a few of them that really love what they're doing (and for this they are definitely my favourite ones). You can clearly see that they are not unconfortable at all having male opponents under their control.
On the other hand I don't see that pleasure in the eyes of many other wrestling girls. They look like they're doing their job in the best possible way but you can tell that they're not genuinely enjoying it.
Old 11-Oct-11, 19:12
Points: 10,886, Level: 45 Points: 10,886, Level: 45 Points: 10,886, Level: 45
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingfan86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Maybe most women just aren't that in to the whole dominance thing? Or is it a biological predisposition?
That is my belief. I really feel that women in general are not into being dominate in that way, and generally like the man to be in control when it comes to any type of sexual activity.
Quote:
I've heard a lot of women online say this, I really object to this notion. For example, there are only certain ways that I would like to be dominated, such as face sitting for example, but I'm not in any way interested in strap-on sex. Some women feel that if you want to be a true "sub" then you should submit to whatever the dom says, but I don't see it that way. When you practice dom/sub relationships, your really just playing roles, but I don't think being a sub should mean you get no say in how your treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillver [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wrestling is a fetish. It can be part of a D/s relationship if both have the fetish but it doesn't fit well. It involves a struggle for dominance that shouldn't happen if one partner has submitted to the other. It can work as fantasy wrestling with the man obviously letting the woman win but not with truly competitive wrestling.
I think this is right. While watching competitive matches can be fun, the only type I would be interested in having would be a fantasy match. For me a wrestling match would be purely an act of D/s, and I can't really take it seriously in any other context.

Last edited by enigma; 11-Oct-11 at 19:15.
Old 18-Oct-11, 18:13
Points: 4,986, Level: 29 Points: 4,986, Level: 29 Points: 4,986, Level: 29
Last Achievements

I recently read that in 2010 51% of American managerial positions were held by women. This figure counts for ladies who run a shift at Burger King as well as those who manage large firms, or are school principals, head nurses, etc. It was pointed out that increasingly, at some point in their career, men will find themselves reporting to a woman. Women have already made huge strides in the professions - holding MD and JD degrees almost in equal proportion to men. What a huge change from four or five decades back. In the realm of sports more young women are playing on high school and middle school teams than ever before. The combat sports (and American football) are the last frontier. In football size matters to the extent that most men are ineligible. The combat sports however typically pair opponents by size and/or weight. I'm optimistic that over time more women will give them a try. Last December marked the 25th anniversary of an event many of us would find of interest - the first recorded victory of a girl (America Morris) over a male opponent in a varsity wrestling match. Today thousands of girls wrestle competively and hundreds of thousands of athletic females, buoyed by successs in other sports, and fueled by a competitive spirit wrestle in less formal arenas. America Morris won the match by pinning that boy, and she is now only 41 years old. I wonder how many guys she has pinned in the quarter century since she wrestled her opponent onto his back.

Last edited by Volleyball; 18-Oct-11 at 18:15.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Volleyball For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-11, 21:26
secretecks

Probably because a girl would have to be pretty experienced to compete with men.
Old 30-Nov-12, 23:09
Katiewrestles
This message has been deleted by Katiewrestles.
Old 01-Dec-12, 03:45
Points: 5,339, Level: 31 Points: 5,339, Level: 31 Points: 5,339, Level: 31
Last Achievements

For me there are two sides to this fetish/sport. One is a semi competitive fetish/fantasy side and the other is a competitive sport side with a small bridge between the two. I am by nature very competitive and have been that way through sports all my life. I prefer competitive matches and can accept defeat with a sporting attitude. To be constantly dominated on the mats would be a hard thing for me to accept, I would probably get frustrated at some point. On the fantasy/fetish side I'm ok with it as long as I willingly give up the control. As I've mentioned before, I grew up getting dominated by my middle sis and have taken some serious beatings from her, and this did not sit well with me especially with both of us being extremely competitive and athletic. Now I've had a couple of g/f's that were much the same by nature, one was into kickboxing and the other was a certified fitness instructor. We wrestled/grappled regularly and because of our natures it at times got quite intense, but I was never really dominated but I could sense the frustration building on both those two girls and even myself. I'm ok with that but their quest for domination didn't stop with sports it was in almost every aspect of their lives, especially the fitness instructor. She was a complete control freak and I am head strong, so it was a clash with everything from driving styles to doing dishes to sex. She wanted to control me in every way she could. Not happening with this guy for sure! Maybe for some submissive guy it would be the "cat's nuts" but not for me.

IMO, there are a lot of girls that like to wrestle and I have wrestled with 2 of my 3 sisters and every girlfriend I've had and a few friends that are girls. I know some like to dominate by nature as mentioned earlier. I think where the problem lies is again the stereotyping by society and media, along with the dogma and indoctrination right from youth. Although views are changing slowly through freedom of new opportunities for the female gender, there are still mental boundaries that need to be overcome, in order for most women to reach this expressive comfort zone IMHO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thrash For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Dec-12, 03:45
Points: 5,046, Level: 30 Points: 5,046, Level: 30 Points: 5,046, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

By and large, most girls are just not dominant in the D/S relationship. Wrestling isn't something they're usually into the way guys are. That's just the way we're wired.

That being said, I think the girls that do it have fun with it while they're doing it. Some of them look like they're enjoying themselves even if they're not "into" it like guys are.

Now if you're wondering why more don't do sessions, I think the reality is that most girls aren't that comfortable with meeting up with some random guy they don't know in a hotel to wrestle.
Old 01-Dec-12, 13:25
Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

This is an interesting debate. For me the domination/submission aspect is not important at all. It is more the close contact to a good looking woman who I trust and when I fight I can accept whatever happens. It trains respect towards women because I can react on her actions without thinking too much about myself. I can just enjoy, use my body and feel and sense hers.