Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 07-Oct-18, 14:11
Banned
Points: 179, Level: 3 Points: 179, Level: 3 Points: 179, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Default Re: Teen Girl Uses BJJ To Submit Male in MMA In 22 Seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The female wrestler in your CBS article makes the same argument I do: Wrestling is about skill.

That article says nothing about strength being more important at higher weights.

If the author of the USA Today article got his information from experts, then which experts provided that info and what evidence shows they were the sources?
never ceases to amaze me how you just continue to repeat yourself like a broken record. its no wonder why several posters become bored with "debating" you. not because you're a good debater, but because you use such crap logic and repeat the same points over and over
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:14
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyTheBeautiful [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
never ceases to amaze me how you just continue to repeat yourself like a broken record.

And it never ceases to amaze me that you create separate screen names just to debate.

How many do you have now - five, six?
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:15
Banned
Points: 179, Level: 3 Points: 179, Level: 3 Points: 179, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And it never ceases to amaze me that you create separate screen names just to debate.

How many do you have now - five, six?
i detect some paranoia in that nut sized brain of yours. you sure you don't need some professional help?
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:18
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyTheBeautiful [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
i detect some paranoia in that nut sized brain of yours. you sure you don't need some professional help?

So you won't say how many screen names you have now.

I wonder why.
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:23
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Last Achievements

This is the last thing i researched for you.

"This would help defuse gender conflicts, Bailo said, and would allow girls to successfully compete in upper weight classes, where they are at a greater disadvantage against boys because of differences in upper body strength."

"At the Vermont championships, 6 of the 144 competitors were girls, none above 119 pounds. If Hale were to gain 10 or 15 pounds, she might risk not reaching the state tournament again or even making her school’s varsity team, Bailo said.

“I don’t know any girls competing over 160 and not many over 140,” Bailo said. “The boys beat them up; they get clobbered. It’s no fun.”

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is the last thing i researched for you.

"This would help defuse gender conflicts, Bailo said, and would allow girls to successfully compete in upper weight classes, where they are at a greater disadvantage against boys because of differences in upper body strength."

"At the Vermont championships, 6 of the 144 competitors were girls, none above 119 pounds. If Hale were to gain 10 or 15 pounds, she might risk not reaching the state tournament again or even making her school’s varsity team, Bailo said.

“I don’t know any girls competing over 160 and not many over 140,” Bailo said. “The boys beat them up; they get clobbered. It’s no fun.”

So your evidence boils down to one wrestler in an article that details the points I already made: Boys far out-number girls, and there are few females both large enough and willing to compete in higher weight classes.
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:49
Last Achievements

No they exits they just not make it on the team

"If Hale were to gain 10 or 15 pounds, she might risk not reaching the state tournament again or even making her school’s varsity team, Bailo said."

here you can compare yourself how the difference in stregth becomes bigger at the higher weights.

Quote:
in upper weight classes, where they are at a greater disadvantage against boys because of differences in upper body strength
whats the point you do not understand here?? He says cristal clear that the disadvantage in strength is greater at the higher weight.
Old 07-Oct-18, 14:56
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No they exits they just not make it on the team

"If Hale were to gain 10 or 15 pounds, she might risk not reaching the state tournament again or even making her school’s varsity team, Bailo said."

here you can compare yourself how the difference in stregth becomes bigger at the higher weights.

whats the point you do not understand here?? He says cristal clear that the disadvantage in strength is greater at the higher weight.

What I don't understand is why you're ignoring the central points of your article, which support what I've been saying.

Boys out-number girls 14-plus to one, and there are few girls both large enough and willing to compete in upper weight classes.
Old 07-Oct-18, 15:04
Last Achievements

maybe for weights above 150 lbs.
There are also a plenty of girls between 120 an 140 lbs.
But it seems all you do is watching youtube clips insteed of studying some result or rooster lists.

And what have the numbers to do with the point i made, that the difference in strength becomes bigger??you wanted a proof for exactly that.

i never said the the overall numbers of wrestlers are equal. So i dont really care about that and it has nothing to do with strength.

Last edited by lfourt; 07-Oct-18 at 15:14.
Old 07-Oct-18, 15:19
Last Achievements

Quote:
maybe for weights above 150 lbs.
There are also a plenty of girls between 120 an 140 lbs.
But it seems all you do is watching youtube clips insteed of studying some result or rosster lists.

And what have the numbers to do with the point i made, that the difference in strength becomes bigger??you wanted a proof for exactly that.

i never said the the overall numbers of wrestlers are equal. So i dont really care about that and it has nothing to do with strength.

Yesterday you said: "“There are a lot of talented female wrestlers at the higher weights.”

Now you say: "maybe for weights above 150 lbs.
There are also a plenty of girls between 120 an 140 lbs."

You found one source who talks about strength. Good for you.

But with boys out-numbering girls 14-plus to one, it's much less likely girls will win state championships, regardless of weight class.

It becomes even less likely at higher weights, because there are very few females large enough to wrestle there.

Some teen girls may walk around at 120 to 140. But few have big enough frames to wrestle there.