Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 18-Jul-15, 21:42
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Lightbulb Seeking an Investor

I am looking to start a new video production company, and need an investor to help get it off the ground.

I have been working in this business for 10 years now, and have learned quite a bit along the way...as well as reading here as to what you guys like and don't like. My concept isn't being done yet, and think it would be a refreshing change from all the sites out there that only focus on scissors and the fantasy aspect.

Serious investors only, please send me a private message on here and I can let you know what I am looking for and what I can offer in return. Thank you in advance, and I look to provide something awesome that a lot of you will enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwillpinu For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-15, 21:51
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Seeking an Investor

If you're really serious about making good videos, then you don't want an investor, i.e. someone who is looking to make a profit. What you want is someone who will bankroll and support good videos for their own sake.
Old 18-Jul-15, 22:04
Points: 5,974, Level: 32 Points: 5,974, Level: 32 Points: 5,974, Level: 32
Last Achievements

You won't have much luck finding investor here, why? look at this logically.

1) You are not looking for 10-100$, you want a large sum of money to make a company.
2) Let's say there are people here who have 5k-10k to invest, people here are all interested in mixed wrestling/fetish/domination. If you are looking for someone who shares the same vision, why wouldn't they just make the company themselves?

The only people who would invest, are the people who have a small sum of money, say 500$, they don't have enough money to start a company, and you don't have enough money to start a company, so together + other 500$ investors, you might be able to do it.

BUT your sale's pitch is insufficient, you didn't say how much money you have, how much % of company you will give, who is going to have ownership?

Let's say you are in luck, you have 5k and another investor has 5k, and you both want to start a company and you both are looking for investor. Your sale's pitch didn't even say what your visionary concept is.

What makes your concept the successful idea for a good company?

The sale's pitch you have right now is "I need money, but I am not telling you how much I have. I have a good idea, but I am not telling you what that idea is. Plz invest."

I know that you are saying, "please pm here and we can talk about it." but if they don't even know what that vision is, how would they have the enthusiasm to pm you about it?

Please don't look at this as something offensive, it is just my advice to you that you might want to try something else to get investors.
Old 18-Jul-15, 22:04
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Wow, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], I thought you would be the last person to give advice on investing money in the development of the industry. Are you in a good mood today?

OP, good luck. Hope you make it. Hang tight.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 19-Jul-15, 04:14
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Well, my ideal investor would be someone who is already familiar with the business...perhaps someone who is a producer already (whom does more of the scissor/fantasy videos) whom sees the potential of expanding their market, but is too busy shooting what they have a passion for to just steal my idea...this is also why I am not divulging what my idea is...just that it is competitive in nature.

This may or may not be the forum to find THE investor, but I am fully confident that the people who are interested, and serious about exploring the potential already have or will be messaging me. It is then that the finer details are worked out...not to be done in the public arena.

And Freestyle fan, yes, I am only seeking someone to bankroll the first shoot which will lead to them benefitting from every other shoot that comes because of that, financially as well as getting every video shot.
Old 19-Jul-15, 04:15
Points: 1,429, Level: 15 Points: 1,429, Level: 15 Points: 1,429, Level: 15
Last Achievements

What is your business model? I may be interested.
Old 19-Jul-15, 08:45
Points: 11,269, Level: 45 Points: 11,269, Level: 45 Points: 11,269, Level: 45
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,123 Times in 113 Posts

Reading this thread makes me wonder what the actual costs are to run a video production company.

If I was thinking of running a business, the wrestling industry would be the last place i'd start. With all the piracy that goes on, it's not worth the time and money imo.

Having said that, good luck OP.
Old 19-Jul-15, 11:23
Producer
Points: 2,596, Level: 21 Points: 2,596, Level: 21 Points: 2,596, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Reading this thread makes me wonder what the actual costs are to run a video production company.

If I was thinking of running a business, the wrestling industry would be the last place i'd start. With all the piracy that goes on, it's not worth the time and money imo.

Having said that, good luck OP.
Good advice right here.
Old 19-Jul-15, 16:29
Points: 3,961, Level: 26 Points: 3,961, Level: 26 Points: 3,961, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushWrestling [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good advice right here.
Maybe if crushwrestling.com was updated more than twice a year and did more mixed videos they would turn a profit....
Old 19-Jul-15, 16:44
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

If you're really serious about competitive women's wrestling, why not get started for free?
Go to tournaments with a video camera. Edit them comprehensively. Put them up on You Tube.
Exactly what I did!

This will at least get you started.