Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-May-16, 18:08
Points: 11,069, Level: 45 Points: 11,069, Level: 45 Points: 11,069, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default The problem with athletic competitive women

An athletic woman with a competitive spirit is ideal, in my opinion for a great, fun non-session match.

The problem I am running into is that these women who are athletic and competitive, including one that wrestled in high school, is that they see a wrestling match as a REAL competitive, win-lose, pride-on-the-line engagement. They have no clue how a wrestling match could be a turn on, or even fun. It's almost like there is no such thing as 'playfully' competitive.

The reaction I get is kind of one of surprise and almost hurt. Kind of like "I thought we were friends" or "I thought you were attracted to me." "Why would you want to wrestle me?"

Has anyone else run into this? How to over come?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rennurliart For This Useful Post:
Old 31-May-16, 19:22
Points: 5,952, Level: 32 Points: 5,952, Level: 32 Points: 5,952, Level: 32
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: The problem with athletic competitive women

FWIW, the guy who used to run SHE magazine said it was always easier to get a woman to f*** him than to fight him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Dune For This Useful Post:
Old 31-May-16, 20:14
Points: 3,048, Level: 22 Points: 3,048, Level: 22 Points: 3,048, Level: 22
Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1%

Female athletes, in combat sports in particular and especially if they were the girl on a boys team, are in a constant fight with the mainstream culture over their legitimacy. Even some people on this very forum don't give them the respect they deserve. This antagonism might cause them to disassociate their sport from "fun" or eroticism, and their athleticism is based more on having something to prove.

It might also might be because they took up competitive sports due to anger issues (fairly common for boys, so I imagine this happens with girls too,) and so see any kind of physical contest as something born out of competition and not bonding.

Could even be a mixture of both.
Old 31-May-16, 20:41
Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100
Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,704 Times in 1,907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennurliart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
An athletic woman with a competitive spirit is ideal, in my opinion for a great, fun non-session match.

The problem I am running into is that these women who are athletic and competitive, including one that wrestled in high school, is that they see a wrestling match as a REAL competitive, win-lose, pride-on-the-line engagement. They have no clue how a wrestling match could be a turn on, or even fun. It's almost like there is no such thing as 'playfully' competitive.

The reaction I get is kind of one of surprise and almost hurt. Kind of like "I thought we were friends" or "I thought you were attracted to me." "Why would you want to wrestle me?"

As someone that doesn't partake in "session" wrestling, this would be my approach - that wrestling is a competitive sport and if I'm going to compete, my aim is to win.

It's like what @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] says - what many of you here call wrestling isn't wrestling.

Wrestling isn't a "turn on" / "fetish" for most people and never will be.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 31-May-16, 20:54
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As someone that doesn't partake in "session" wrestling, this would be my approach - that wrestling is a competitive sport and if I'm going to compete, my aim is to win.

It's like what @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] says - what many of you here call wrestling isn't wrestling.

Wrestling isn't a "turn on" / "fetish" for most people and never will be.
Exactly. I was flipping channels before the basketball game last night and saw a few minutes of whatever WWE show was on. Obviously this is all fake, but these guys were lifting people up on their shoulders and throwing them across the ring, bashing their heads into hard surfaces, things like that. Not even close to what "wrestling" is around here, which is sticking your head between a woman's thighs for an hour so she can squeeze you while you get off on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ed209 For This Useful Post:
Old 31-May-16, 21:10
Points: 3,385, Level: 24 Points: 3,385, Level: 24 Points: 3,385, Level: 24
Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennurliart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've wrestled many athletic women over the years and no I've never experienced what you describe. I've found the exact opposite over and over again. The ones with experience or athletic ability are more confident with their bodies and using them and jump at the chance to mix sport with pleasure in a playful way. I'm not saying they equate it with eroticism like we do but they definitely get it.

I mean no offense but it sounds like either you maybe didn't communicate your intentions properly or is it possible they had no romantic interest in the interaction and therefore that caused the confusion?

I mean you aren't just asking athletic girls who are platonic friends of yours to wrestle and then expecting them to get turned on are you?
The Following User Says Thank You to poochie22 For This Useful Post:
Old 31-May-16, 22:40
Last Achievements

Actually, I really do want a legit match, and one of the ladies I asked and I are having regular sex.

"I mean you aren't just asking athletic girls who are platonic friends of yours to wrestle and then expecting them to get turned on are you?"
No, just one who I'm having sex with, and in the case of the other plutonic one, just a legit fun wrestle not expecting her to get turned on at all. I was thinking in her eyes, it would be just like playing tennis or something.
Old 02-Jun-16, 17:49
Producer
Points: 27,424, Level: 72 Points: 27,424, Level: 72 Points: 27,424, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,062 Posts

Quote:

Although merely rolling around was often good foreplay, the biggest problem for me over the years is that women who I thought would be capable of offering a really fun, playfully competitive workout would often hold back, for fear of "winning" or from fear of simply giving a good effort because it wasn't what they were programmed to do. In those times when I was more interested in wrestling than sex, I was often disappointed that the wrestling amounted to more hand pushing and floundering than anything else. Many of you have mentioned positioning yourself perfectly to be scissored, only to have your partner/"opponent" fail to finish the hold or to do it for only a second or 2.

The competition in our house - wrestling, basketball, foosball, boxing, mercy, whatever - is a bonding experience. She's *highly* competitive and it is not her intention to let me win in anything. Moreover, she is fully aware that I'm very cool with that and has no problems whatsoever dealing out punishment, as needed. She also fully understands that her advanced combat skills are part of the attraction and fortunately - or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it(!!) - she enjoys being able to use them, while also bringing the corresponding trash talk to reinforce her points.

The only thing I would add is that I'm well over 40 years old. This relationship (which is to be my last) was WELL worth the wait. Have your fun in the meantime, but I have to believe it's worth holding out for what you really want if wrestling is a big part of your life.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jun-16, 13:30
Last Achievements

Quote:

I am delighted to say, I learned that I am totally wrong about this!!
The Following User Says Thank You to rennurliart For This Useful Post: