Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Oct-16, 14:29
Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100
Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,704 Times in 1,907 Posts
Default Re: Putting on Mass

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

How you getting on, mate?
Old 04-Oct-16, 17:19
Points: 10,055, Level: 43 Points: 10,055, Level: 43 Points: 10,055, Level: 43
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

How you getting on, mate?
Good, up to 50kg now. I don't see or feel much of a difference though.
Old 04-Oct-16, 18:37
Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100
Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,704 Times in 1,907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCrakeV [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good, up to 50kg now. I don't see or feel much of a difference though.
No strength / endurance gains? Typically newbie gains are the most rapid.

Sometimes the scales and especially the mirror aren't the best gauge of progress. When you're getting stronger, able to do more reps, you know you're progressing.

Keep at it.
Old 05-Oct-16, 13:07
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No strength / endurance gains? Typically newbie gains are the most rapid.

Sometimes the scales and especially the mirror aren't the best gauge of progress. When you're getting stronger, able to do more reps, you know you're progressing.

Keep at it.
I haven't really been at it enough to increase the weight I lift. I'm not sure on how to gauge endurance gain. I have seen a slight muscular increase at the torso, but my arms haven't seemed to change, despite focusing on them. So, how do I know if I'm progressing? It's all so complicated to me.
Old 28-Oct-16, 19:49
Last Achievements

My progress seems to be nil... I've put on 15lbs, so now I am 115lbs, but it seems like mostly fat. I try to eat healthy, in addition to protein shakes. I go to the gym 3 days a week for 1 hour each day. I do barbell squats and bench presses, dumbell squats, inverted rows, pull ups, push ups, crunches, and more.

I haven't been able to lift more, and I don't feel or look like I have gained any muscle. It feels and looks gross. Am I doing something wrong, am I missing something?
Old 30-Oct-16, 16:50
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCrakeV [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My progress seems to be nil... I've put on 15lbs, so now I am 115lbs, but it seems like mostly fat. I try to eat healthy, in addition to protein shakes. I go to the gym 3 days a week for 1 hour each day. I do barbell squats and bench presses, dumbell squats, inverted rows, pull ups, push ups, crunches, and more.

I haven't been able to lift more, and I don't feel or look like I have gained any muscle. It feels and looks gross. Am I doing something wrong, am I missing something?
your program seems to be ok, for a beginner 3 hours the week is not to bad. it seems very odd that you did not gained any strength

not enough sleep?

to light weights? to many sets/reps, or not enough ?

very bad genes ???

of unknown health problem? might check if your testosterone levels are normal . in this case a doctor can help, an I#m not talking about doping just getting normal levels for a male
The Following User Says Thank You to mixedwrestler08 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Oct-16, 17:34
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestler08 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
your program seems to be ok, for a beginner 3 hours the week is not to bad. it seems very odd that you did not gained any strength

not enough sleep?

to light weights? to many sets/reps, or not enough ?

very bad genes ???

of unknown health problem? might check if your testosterone levels are normal . in this case a doctor can help, an I#m not talking about doping just getting normal levels for a male
I sleep 7-9 hours every night, so I should be good. I think I might not be doing enough reps. For example, I bench 65lbs 5 reps. Thinking about just doing the bar (45lbs) for 8-12, depending on how many I can safely do. Any general guidelines? How many reps and sets are usually good for whatever exercise?
Old 31-Oct-16, 07:28
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Quote:
I sleep 7-9 hours every night, so I should be good. I think I might not be doing enough reps. For example, I bench 65lbs 5 reps. Thinking about just doing the bar (45lbs) for 8-12, depending on how many I can safely do. Any general guidelines? How many reps and sets are usually good for whatever exercise?
if you want to increase strengh 5 reps are good if you want to build muscle 8-12 are fine..if you wantto increase muscle endurance 15-20 are good.

i you just do 5 reps you need heavy weight to get an effect. and as a beginner very high weights are associated with a higher risk of injury or cheating with the technique
Old 11-Nov-16, 22:29
Last Achievements

So, no more weight gain at all, and strength/muscle has still had no improvement since September... I've decided to just throw in the towel. Among other loses, I'll have to find another way to be dominated by a smaller woman.

That aside, anyone know how to "break the news" to people? My parents were looking forward to me getting healthier, bigger, and stronger.
Old 11-Nov-16, 23:04
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

Whenever I started working out for the first time in a while, I've needed about 3 months (of consistency) to start losing weight. After I stopped working out one time, I probably needed 3 months before I started getting fat. Don't give up. As far as strength, I'm not sure, except that it might be really slow if you're so small.

I don't know your numbers, but someone so new to lifting isn't going to be squatting 2x bodyweight, which for you would be 200 lbs. If your squat is, say, 135 lbs, even getting up to 165 lbs over the course of several months would be huge progress for your size. You really need to eat a lot to get bigger. That's the key thing.

Why the fuck do your parents care if you get bigger or stronger? This is your life, not theirs. This isn't breaking news about you dropping out of school or knocking up some girl. If they're anything like typical out-of-shape middle-aged folks, it's none of their business.

Also, this isn't linear or academic. If I were still working out the way I thought was the way to go the first time I lifted a weight, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere. You probably learn something new every time you workout (when you're a beginner), whether it's improving your form a little bit, learning how your body reacts to certain things, seeing what exercises/programs people around you are doing, etc.

The people you see in the gym who are big/buff/ripped/whatever look that way because they've lived in the gym maybe their whole life, at least for several years. Anyway, aside from the results, I like working out just because it makes me feel better (feel better, not feel better about myself, it's not a self-esteem thing). Just think about this: a seasoned bodybuilder is going to look essentially the same for the rest of his/her life. Maybe s/he can gain 1/4" on arms over the course of a year if s/he trains optimally and diets the right way, going through a bulk/cut cycle. Most people won't see the difference if you were to look at before/after pictures from someone like that. Yet these people still go to the gym every day, and there's a reason for it. They have to work out, it's who they are. For me, I have no energy if I don't workout for a couple of days. Maybe you're fine without working out, and that's OK, but IMO results aren't the only important thing.