Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 19-Apr-18, 04:53
Points: 5,462, Level: 31 Points: 5,462, Level: 31 Points: 5,462, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Closing Shift

I have returned!

Without further ado, here is my latest foray into mixed fight fiction!

"Closing Shift"

The streets outside were silent as death, save for the low howl of wind that snaked through the alleys and corridors, down the dirty city sidewalks, through sewer grates and parking meters, interrupted only by the occasional clank of iron on iron that reverberated through the dimly lit glass storefront of Chin Music Boxing Fitness Club. The neon sign that hung in the front window flickered off as a statuesque, dark-haired woman tugged on the chain, signifying the establishment was closed, and the last patrons filtered out through the front door.

Katya waved goodbye and flashed an encouraging smile to each of her clients, urging them to come back tomorrow and train some more. As the last one exited, she closed the door and turned the key. As she turned from the door, she let out a barely audible sigh and wiped her brow with a small towel, her hands still bound in purple hand wraps. This was her first time closing up the gym, as she usually worked as the morning cardio trainer. Tonight, she and I would be closing together, and I was charged with helping her clean up as she learned the process.

As I finished my final set of chest presses, she waltzed up to the weight bench with a curious smirk on her face.

“So, Tom, I notice during drills, your technique is pretty sharp. You ever box professionally?” She inquired, her words tinged with a slight Russian accent.

“Hah, no, but I did amateur boxing in college. It was great for staying in shape, but I never fully committed.” I said, letting the memories flood back to me.

“That’s a shame, I bet you were pretty good,” she muttered, turning and looking away, almost as if she were daydreaming.

“I had a few fights… won most of them, I have to say. But in the end I decided to focus on academics.”

“Looks like that went a long way, huh?” She chided me, playfully tousling my short, blonde hair. She had a point. After college, my job prospects hit a dead end. It was a long and painful job search, and although I found employment as a copy editor here and there, nothing brought me the fulfillment I found in my boxing days. Ultimately, the jobs I found didn’t pay, and I had student loans to pay. I ended up working as a trainer at Chin Music, which catered to the yuppies who inhabited the rich suburbs and the newly gentrified neighborhoods in the city. At least I was doing something I actually sort of enjoyed now.

“You have a point. I just wish I had known that then,” I admitted, pausing for a moment to drink my protein shake.

“When was the last time you fought?” Katya prodded. I started to feel insecure about her line of questioning, but on the other hand, I was enjoying the unexpected attention. I had been single for over a year, and had been primarily focused on my goals, so this was kind of refreshing—not that I was expecting it to lead to anything.

“It’s been a couple years. Well, official fights, I guess. I spar with a couple buddies, on occasion, but that’s hardly a “fight.””

“Ever spar with a woman?” She asked, and I turned to meet her gaze intently, suddenly coming to the realization of what was about to happen. The answer was “no,” but that wasn’t the question she was really asking.

As I considered her question, I took a moment to run the numbers. Katya was a few years older than me, but still very youthful, probably about 35 to my 27. At about 5’10”, she had probably a couple inches of height on me, which was kind of a turn-on. If I had to guess at her weight, she had to be in the neighborhood of 140-150 lbs—lightly but powerfully built for a woman of her height. Her shoulders practically jumped off of her toned arms, and her core was impressively sculpted, with a well-defined line down the middle of her abdominals, and a six-pack softly etched above her waist. Her legs were shapely and muscular, evidence that she trained with weights in addition to her cardio routine.

She wore a light pink tank top that hung loosely over a black sports bra, lavender dolphin shorts with white trim that hugged her muscular hips and butt, and blue high-top boxing shoes. Her dark hair, tied up in a short ponytail, with swooping bangs, framed a face that could belong to a fitness model—dark, piercing eyes, strong eyebrows, a straight and narrow nose, and lips that framed a devilish smile. She was a different kind of Russian beauty—not your typical blonde femme fatale, but she had that presence nonetheless. There was a dark, mysterious power in her gaze. It was like she could see through me.

“No, but… No. Never been asked, I guess,” was all I could manage.

“I see. Well, I don’t know if anyone has told you, but I did a bit of boxing myself some time ago… I used to spar with men all the time, but… I can’t find anyone worth my time in this town.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. It’s hard to find a good partner.” I said, trying to dance around the issue. I was interested, for sure, but at the same time, I was trying to protect myself, maybe from rejection, in case it turned out I was misreading her. Maybe I was afraid of stepping into the ring with a woman, and being beaten. Or worse, winning…

“I miss… the taste of blood in my mouth, don’t you? The feeling of your fist crashing into opponent’s ribcage. The rush…” Her eyes burned into mine, almost as if to say, you know what I’m talking about? Are you like me? The language was so visceral, so primal. It made my heart rate accelerate, as sense memories of former battles flooded into me.

“…” I was speechless, but my eyes simply said, yes.

“I’d like to see what you’ve got. How about a couple rounds before we clean up?”

“Now?” I was stunned.

“Well, we can’t do it when gym is open. It’s against the rules, you know?” It was true. Chin Music was a great place to get fit, toned, and work on pad drills, but there was no actual sparring—part of an effort by the franchise to make the gym less intimidating for a more casual clientele. There was a ring, but it was only used for drills.

“I don’t know, I’m pretty tired from my workout, and this is kind of sudden.”

“Come on, what, are you afraid of old lady like me?” She winked, and gave my shoulder a playful shove.

“Afraid? No, no. And you are not old, give me a break!”

“Well, let’s just say this old mare is past glory days. But maybe she still has a few tricks up her sleeve,” she said with a chuckle, “Don’t you go easy on me just because I’m a woman, though. That will get you into trouble.”

“If you say so…” I replied, nervously. I was somewhat concerned about one or both of us getting injured. Mainly, I was afraid that I didn’t know my own strength, and I didn’t want to hurt her unintentionally.

We stepped into the ring, popped in our mouth-guards and put on our boxing gloves. Katya wore bright pink boxing gloves, which seemed to match the color pallet of the rest of her outfit. I wore black gloves—a new pair of high-end training gloves that I had just recently bought myself after completely wearing out my last pair. I was also wearing a tight-fitting white tank top, a pair of black trunks that ended a few inches before the knees, and my black high-top reebok trainers. Under my shorts, I was wearing a groin cup as part of the protective equipment I was required to wear as an employee. For this, I was especially glad it was there.

Katya bounced on her toes for a few seconds and did a little shadowboxing. Her fists cut through an array of invisible opponents with purpose and skill that suggested an advanced level of training. It was honestly kind of intimidating. Maybe I was getting in a little over my head.

I was already feeling pretty loose from my workout, but I bounced around a little to loosen up anyway. I didn’t want to tire my arms out any more than they already were, so I just threw a couple slow jabs and hooks to go through the motions.

Katya had set a round timer that would ring every three minutes, with a one-minute break in between. It was typically used for circuit training, but the training itself was based on boxing conditioning, so the timing worked.

“You ready, big guy?” She teased me from her corner. I’d always been a little insecure about not being a “big” guy, and she was using it against me. But in this case, it just meant that we were more evenly matched, which made me feel a little less weird about squaring off against a woman. Still, I was probably 25 pounds heavier than her, which would give me a considerable advantage if I really laid into her—not that I thought that would be necessary.

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” I replied. She set the timer, and we came to the center and touched gloves, squaring off with our fists raised, as the bell chimed signaling the start of the first “round.”

The first few seconds felt like an eternity. I was all nerves, having not really sparred in about three years, and the intensity in her eyes suggested Katya wanted a real fight. We traded a couple feints, darting in and back out, both playing defensive, neither of us wanting to throw the first punch.

“You’re so shy,” Katya teased me.

“Oh, yeah?” I said, taking the bait and throwing a couple jabs at her defenses.

Katya absorbed the jabs easily, and threw one of her own. I dodged it, looking to exploit the opening, and threw a hook.

WHAM! Little did I realize that Katya’s jab was a fake, and she had tricked me into lowering my guard, throwing a cross that struck me square in the face, sending stinging pain through the bridge of my nose. I immediately turtled up, taking a moment to recover while she sniped at my guard playfully.

I charged back in with a quick jab, jab, cross that seemed to at least push her back, but she blocked it easily. I had kept myself from getting cornered, but she remained on the offensive. This time she threw a jab, then a cross, which I could see she was using to set up a left hook. I took the opportunity to fight through her cross and punish her with a hook of my own, which landed solidly in her ribs, right below her left breast.

“Uff!” She winced, and pulled back, throwing a defensive jab to push me back. She seemed largely undeterred, smiling through her mouth-guard at me as she rushed me with a flurry of punches.

I blocked the first two, but then she went low again, and stung my ribs with a low hook.

“Oof,” I grunted, remembering how badly it hurt to get hit there. Going so many years without any serious sparring had taken a toll on my pain tolerance.

The sound of leather hitting leather and skin rang out from the ring as we continued to trade offensives, learning each other’s tactics and compensating for weaknesses in our defensive strategies. She wasn’t backing down, but neither was I. Neither of us were getting clean hits in, instead trading well-aimed shots that deflected relatively harmlessly off of each other’s gloves and arms.

My arms were beginning to get tired. My workout earlier was taking its toll. Katya had been focusing more on bodyweight exercises, so while she wasn’t totally fresh, she had a bit of an advantage on me in terms of energy.

Just as the pace of our skirmish was beginning to slow, the second bell chimed, signaling the end of the first “round.” We broke it up and moved back to our corners.

“Haha, you’re a fun opponent,” she said, in between breaths, having popped out her mouth-guard for a moment. “I’m going to go a little harder on you in next round, so get ready…”

That made me nervous, as I was already starting to feel pretty worn out. Still, I was enjoying this. I had had a bit of a passive crush on Katya ever since she started working here about three months ago, and this was the first night she had said more than two words to me. The risk of getting laid out was worth it if it meant she was enjoying spending time with me.

“Good, because I’m going to really bring it next round!” Where did that come from? I was really setting myself up for trouble, but I couldn’t resist the temptation to flirt back.

Katya dabbed her forehead with her towel, popped her mouth-guard back in, and started bouncing again, getting ready for the next bell.

Ding Ding!

We moved to the center of the ring again and immediately began trading punches, each of us keeping up solid defenses. Katya’s punches hit harder now, and after a few seconds my arms were aching from the punishment she had been dishing out. I threw a cross that literally pushed her back a couple feet, but she just charged in again, completely unfazed. She threw a salvo of straight punches, looking for a weakness in my defenses to exploit. Then, one of her shots finally found a target.

Her fist slammed into the side of my chin, snapping my head to the side violently, making me feel dizzy. I was disoriented, and for just a second I was unable to block her attacks. She seized on the opportunity, sending a powerful uppercut into my chin, causing me to stumble back a few steps. She didn’t even wait for me to fall, instead charging in again to throw a right cross that knocked me flat on my ass.

WHAM! I sat down on the canvass hard, shaking my head to clear out the cobwebs and regain my vision.

“You’re no joke, huh?”

“I thought you said you were going to bring it this round,” she taunted, bowing at the waist slightly as I got to my feet.

“Oh, I will,” I said, now determined not to let her get the advantage like that again. I was beginning to realize that Katya was probably more skilled and possibly more highly trained than I was, and that if I was going to have any advantage, it was in raw power. I was going to have to hit her hard, to make every hit count.

I got back up and she immediately came at me again, but this time, I did not put as much energy into trying to block her shots. She was used to playing a more tactical boxing game, but I doubted she had much experience with stronger opponents who weren’t worried about points.

She threw a jab and I charged into it, glancing the blow off my brow, and I sent a deep uppercut into her stomach, lifting her off the canvass for half a second.

“Mmmmmmph!” She groaned, almost spitting out her mouth-guard, but still managing to land on her feet, partially doubled over. I pressed the advantage and threw a jab that hit smacked into her cheek.

“Uagh!” She cried, spitting out her mouth-guard and falling backwards onto the canvas. She landed partially prone, but was able to break her fall with her arms.

“Ow, Thomas! That fucking… hurt!” She said, glaring at me.

“Sorry, I just…”

“No, it’s good,” She reassured me, flashing a confident smile before reinserting her mouth-guard, “I like challenge.”

Katya got to her feet quickly, after taking a couple breaths to center herself. She moved in again and peppered me with a blistering combo, hitting me high and low, forcing me to drop my guard to protect my gut, then punishing me for it, then punishing me again when I raised my arms.

“Ooough,” I moaned as she stung me in the belly with a low uppercut. Having the wind knocked out of me, I was partially paralyzed, and I was forced to drop my guard low. I braced for what came next—Katya unleashed an all-out assault on my skull with a brutal combination that seemed to have been thoroughly rehearsed. It felt like she had punched me in every part of my face. Before I knew it, I was on my back again.

“Four… Five… Six…” Apparently I had missed the first couple seconds.

“I’m not giving up that easily,” I spat out, my teeth gritted through my mouth-guard. It was at that point that I realized I had a welt forming above my eyebrow, and blood had begun trickling down, partially blocking my vision. I could also taste the unmistakable flavor of iron in my mouth. She had messed me up good in that last skirmish.

I breathed deep as I stood up, just as she counted “Nine.” I raised my fists, ready to make one last stand.

“Oh, you want some more,” She taunted, almost on the verge of laughter. At that moment, I had completely forgotten about my crush on Katya. I just wanted to wipe that smirk off her face.

“Let’s go.”

We closed the distance once more, this time with me taking the offensive, and Katya taking up a fully defensive strategy. My punches slammed against her defenses, but it seemed she was well prepared to block my assault. I was just glad not to be on the defensive from her for a change. I pushed her back towards her corner, keeping the pressure on her, trying to be as unrelenting as possible.

She surprised me with her footwork, dodging several punches altogether, and using the opportunities to create distance when needed. I came close to cornering her a few times, but it was just an illusion. She was letting me tire myself out. The old rope-a-dope strategy.

I decided to slow my approach, only striking here and there, trying to feel out whether she would try to dodge or block, or occasionally throw a punch. A couple times she struck back, ostensibly to keep me from getting too comfortable. We established this rhythm, continuing to press each other without either of us giving up too much ground. I wouldn’t quite call it a chess match—it was more like a an intense volley of ping-pong.

After a minute or so of this, I threw a heavy right cross, then faked a left hook and came with my right hook, catching her off guard, my heavy fist crashing into her temple. She actually spun around and nearly fell backward, but caught herself just as the bell rang. She held her head and looked up towards the ceiling, seeming somewhat dizzied by the blow. She popped out her mouth-guard again, and after a few breaths, leaned against the ropes with her gloved hands.

“You’re not so bad after all, Tom,” She said. “I didn’t think you would be able to keep up with me, but you’ve used your strength to your advantage.”

“I had to try something different, seeing as you were outfighting me.” I replied, doing my best to show respect now that I had the upper hand.

“I want to try something now to even the odds. I wonder what you think,” she said, curiously.

“What did you have in mind?”

She proceeded to take off her gloves, then unlaced her boxing shoes and kicked them off, and removed her socks. She removed her tank top as well, leaving only her black sports bra underneath. Her warm, golden skin glistened with sweat under the harsh light of the gym, illuminating the sacred geometry of her chiseled figure.

“Stripping down?” I teased, wondering what she had planned.

Then she put her gloves back on. “How about kickboxing match?” She popped her mouth-guard back in and grinned, her lips distorted by the big purple piece of molded plastic.

“Kickboxing? I guess that could be fun.” I replied, quizzically. “I don’t know the rules though, so…”

“How about this. Since you are stronger…” she said, flexing her right bicep as if to illustrate, “I am allowed to kick, but you can only punch. This makes level playing field, yes?” She proposed, beginning to stretch her quads and hamstrings.

“Interesting.”

“You take off shoes too, so you don’t step on my toes.” It was a reasonable request. She had a nice pedicure, a bright blue metallic polish on her toes.

“Of course.” I did as she said, and took off my shoes and socks, and removed my tank top as well. In a moment, I was ready to fight again.

“One more round, OK? Me kickboxing, you boxing.” She smiled again, her disarming spunk showing through.

“Let’s dance…” I replied.

“No dance. Fight. I will knock you out, OK?” She taunted.

“Mhmm…” I nodded, seeing the sincerity in her joking. If I wasn’t careful, she could knock me out for sure. But then again, it could go the other way.

Katya took on a slightly different fighting stance, bouncing almost back and forth from one foot to the other. I studied her footwork, noticing her form, and suddenly I recognized the cadence of her footfalls. She would bounce back and forth, occasionally lifting one leg ever so slightly into the air as if readying a kick. The rhythm was unmistakably that of a highly trained muay thai fighter. I could also sense a change in her demeanor, as if something had awoken in her. Something she had left dormant for some time, only to have it surface now. The veneer of her flirtatious attitude was gone, and had been replaced by the laser focus of a warrior.

The bell rang once more, and we met once again in the center of the ring. Katya was careful not to start kicking too early, knowing I would be on the lookout for it. We exchanged several false starts before eventually erupting into a flurry of fists, each of us scoring glancing blows. I struck her below the eye, and she nailed me in my already injured brow again, eliciting what would have been blinding pain, had I not already had adrenaline pulsing through my veins.

I tried to throw out another jab as she shuffled back to create distance, but was met with a powerful roundhouse kick to the side, adding to the already throbbing pain in my ribs.

I tried instead to shoot inwards to close the distance, but was stuffed with a front push kick by her other leg.

“Uuuaghh!” I groaned as I felt the solid impact of her bare sole pressing into my chest. It was a visceral kind of contact, the soft flesh of her foot against my pectoral muscle, at the same time a blunt force impact, a wild combination of pain and something close to pleasure. I was sent sprawling back several feet, and was reeling from the sheer force of the kick. But a part of me had become activated by the exchange.

This time, on my approach, I watched her legs, and dodged a front snap kick, allowing me to deliver a jab that smacked against her forehead. It wasn’t a devastating hit, but it made her a little more cautious. She shot me another confident smile as if to say, “not bad, but I’m still going to kick your ass.”

I didn’t leave her time to recover, darting in again and unleashing a combo I had practiced several times with the clients of the gym, but this time I added my own little twist, throwing a pair of jabs, which Katya easily dodged, then a cross, which she blocked, then I faked a left hook, faked a right hook, and as Katya moved to compensate her defenses, I transitioned to a Southpaw stance, which allowed me to throw a left cross.

SMACK! My left crashed straight into her face, setting up a pair of heavy right jabs, then a left hook to her ribs, and finishing with a powerful right uppercut that snapped her head back and lifted her off her feet.

Katya crashed to the canvas, flat on her back with a loud slam. At first I thought I had knocked her out, but she immediately began moving to get up. She was slow—my punches had clearly had a tremendous effect on her, but she still had quite a bit of fight left in her. I clearly hadn’t had enough of the element of surprise to score the knockout blow, but in a way I was relieved. I was hoping to wear her out rather than seriously injure her.

“One… Two… Three…” I began counting.

“Heheheh… I get up…” She said, groaning as she worked her way up to one knee.
“Four… Five…” Katya got back on her feet and put her gloves up, signaling she was ready to fight again.

We closed the distance once again, and this time Katya began to attack with reckless abandon. She threw a flurry of kicks my way, pushing me back with a front kick, then slamming into my ribs again with two punishing roundhouse kicks. The pain in my ribs was enough to make me lower my arms, both to protect my ribs, and because I was getting too tired to keep them up.

Katya swung another powerful roundhouse kick, this time aimed at my head, and it all but knocked my head off, but I was able to partially dodge it. I didn’t get out unscathed though—as her foot grazed my face, I ended up basically getting a mouthful of her toes for a split-second, saved only by the fact that I had my mouth-guard in.

Katya realized her kick hadn’t quite landed right, and darted back again to create space. I didn’t want to give her the opportunity again, so I chased her and began pummeling her with close range hooks, trying to put pressure on so she couldn’t attack or mount a successful defense. When she lowered her arms, I punched at her head, and when she raised them, I went low again. She was barely keeping me from hurting her at this point, and I nearly had her cornered.

I could see on her face at this point that she was starting to get worried. She didn’t look scared, just determined. But it was a determination fraught with doubt and frustration. I started getting in my own head about the whole thing too—I hadn’t meant to go so hard on her, but in my defense, she was the one being so competitive. I wasn’t quite sure how this had gone from a friendly sparring match to an all out war, but somehow…

One more hook, and all of a sudden I realized I had her where I wanted her. I saw the ropes on either side of her shoulders, and I readied myself to put the pressure on as I was sure the round had to almost be over. Our bodies pressed together close, skin sliding against skin, slick with sweat from the heat of battle. I pressed a deep uppercut into her stomach, eliciting a low moan from my beleaguered opponent. She pushed me back with both gloves, trying one last time to stave off my onslaught. But it was too late for her. I had the advantage, and there was no way I was letting her off the hook so easily.

I charged in again, throwing a right cross, when all of a sudden I saw something shoot out from the corner of my vision—and before I knew it, as if coming from nowhere, Katya’s bare foot collided with my chin, sending me crumpling to the ground, blacking out completely. She had shot out a perfect high front kick with only about a foot of distance between the two of us, and I didn’t see it coming at all.

I awoke to Katya patting my bare chest with her foot, shifting her weight onto me slightly, playfully. She had removed her gloves and had her phone in her hand, apparently taking a selfie with her defeated opponent.

“Rise and shine, loser,” she said.

“Ughhh…” Was all I could manage.

She sat down on my chest, feet planted on either side of my head. Her weight on my chest was insult added to the injury of having just been knocked out. My head was killing me, and my ribs were either badly bruised or broken, but other than that, I felt OK. Katya was sporting some shiners on her face as well, but she hadn’t taken quite as much damage as I had, somehow. A trickle of blood was coming from her mouth, which she wiped with her wrapped hands occasionally.

“You did well. I think you would be good kickboxer, if you spar with me some more. I could train you if you want. I was world champion K1 kickboxer for 2 years, 6 title defenses, you know?”

That explained a lot.

“I think we do this again, sometime, if you like it... I think you liked it,” she teased.

I smiled as I spat out my mouthguard, covered in blood and spit.

“In 3 months, OK? I bring friend who is fight medic. Couple other friends. You bring some, too. Is fun, yeah?”

“Yeah, let’s do it. I’m down.” Next time, I was gonna knock her ass out.

“Yes you are, haha,” She laughed, pointing out the fact that I was “down” on my back on the canvass. She prodded my cheek with her foot, continuing to taunt me in a display of dominance.

Katya shifted her weight and stood up off of me, and waited for me to get to my feet. She grabbed a first aid kit off the wall, and helped me tend to my wounds. I didn’t have much else to say, but we chatted a bit about her kickboxing days, and I shared some of my old war stories as well. She told me she was thankful to have another sparring partner who wasn’t afraid to go all out with her. I was also excited about this new development, but I hadn’t quite found the words to express it. That was when our conversation hit an awkward silence.

“Tom, Tom, Tom…” She said, almost singing it like a lullaby.

“What?” I asked.

“You still have lot of cleaning up to do tonight.” She smiled again, and the realization set in that she wasn’t about to lift a finger with the closing shift.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by Bi0mega; 20-Apr-18 at 19:24. Reason: title
Old 20-Apr-18, 03:11
Points: 3,319, Level: 24 Points: 3,319, Level: 24 Points: 3,319, Level: 24
Activity: 10.2% Activity: 10.2% Activity: 10.2%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Closing Shift (mixed boxing)

pretty damn good... I love competitive mixed matches. one sided fights are a bore to me so cliche & predictable. I think I personally would have liked it if the match would have stayed strictly boxing. with her implementing the added advantage of being able to kick miday thru the match it sort of cheapens her victory. it opens the door for tom to make excuses in the future as they technically werent on an even playing field. i personally would have found it more compelling for katya to have scored a ko victory with them both playing by the same set of rules. just some friendly feedback, on the whole I really enjoyed it tho. interested to read the next installment. wouldnt at all mind to see a more erotic side of katya. cheers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mksample For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Apr-18, 19:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksample [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
pretty damn good... I love competitive mixed matches. one sided fights are a bore to me so cliche & predictable. I think I personally would have liked it if the match would have stayed strictly boxing. with her implementing the added advantage of being able to kick miday thru the match it sort of cheapens her victory. it opens the door for tom to make excuses in the future as they technically werent on an even playing field. i personally would have found it more compelling for katya to have scored a ko victory with them both playing by the same set of rules. just some friendly feedback, on the whole I really enjoyed it tho. interested to read the next installment. wouldnt at all mind to see a more erotic side of katya. cheers.
Hey man, thanks for the thoughtful reply. I also love competitive mixed fights, especially when they are close! I am also a fan of asymmetrical warfare, so I wanted to explore that in this story. So I see what you are saying about Katya not getting a really meaningful victory here, but in the end that wasn't really what this fight was about. However, I will use that critique in developing the next chapter of the story.

This match was basically just an experiment for Tom and Katya, in that they were just testing the waters a bit. She really wants him to be her kickboxing partner, but his skills are more boxing oriented. That said, she has a training and conditioning advantage, so I think it would be totally possible for her to soundly defeat him in boxing, as she seemed to be doing for a good part of the match. I think I will probably do another installment that is just a pure boxing match and another that is purely kickboxing. We'll see where it goes from there and if people continue to dig the action. And I have no qualms about exploring the developing relationship between the two of them, with Katya clearly being the aggressor and Tom sort of discovering his own kinks under her influence. Should be interesting. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bi0mega For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Apr-18, 12:08
Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100
Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,704 Times in 1,907 Posts

Great story. One of the best mixed fights I've read for a long time! Very well written and well crafted, realistic action.

My main critique would be that it would be more engaging if you had constructed a stronger rivalry between Katya and Tom from the outset. Maybe something like she had been promoted to manage the club, and you resented that her salary was now greater than yours despite you having worked at Chin Music for longer. Or maybe the club's owner suggested the two of you, both with combat sports backgrounds, literally fight over the job. There's also some scope, with her being Russian, to observe some cultural differences or perhaps work in some xenophobia from your side to flesh out your character a little more. I loved Katya's sometimes slightly broken-english dialog. Playing up to her Russian-ness is something I'd like to read more of as you build more depth to the character although her being a K1 world champion is perhaps a step too far. Regional women's champion in Russia, IMO, would perhaps be more fitting.

For me, that's what is missing; some psychological antagonism. As it is, the fight was great, but it didn't mean much. There needs to be a competition, even if merely a conflict of personalities. Painting her as perhaps incredibly fortunate and aloof whereas on your side there is bitterness and disgruntlement boiling within.

Perhaps the next chapter can delve more into your/Tom's psyche. I actually like how you had her on the ropes before she knocked you out with an unexpected high kick as that is something to work from as you build towards a rematch, hopefully with more at stake.

Definitely look forward to reading more.

Last edited by jiminy; 23-Apr-18 at 12:22.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Apr-18, 14:56
Points: 6,125, Level: 33 Points: 6,125, Level: 33 Points: 6,125, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Jiminy, I understand what you're saying but your thinking seems to have one major flaw in it's processes to me. Your statement lends itself to an ill-will fight that one or both dislike each other for this fight to happen but this story seems set up more like a RogerTrooper where it's not about the combatants disliking each other that starts it off but at least one of them having a pure joy/love of the all out physical contest.

So while the stories that start with a dislike such as The Promotion which had a man and woman competing for a better job this is more the woman loves the thrill of a real fight and she's finally found someone to potentially satisfy that need for her again. Both story types are enjoyable though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baller2242 For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-18, 16:40
RogueTrooper

Enjoyed this one a lot. I liked the dynamic between the characters, indeed it's a similar trigger that I like to use in my own stories, the joyful competitive release rather than something more malevolent. I look forward to seeing wear this goes!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-18, 20:52
Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller2242 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Jiminy, I understand what you're saying but your thinking seems to have one major flaw in it's processes to me. Your statement lends itself to an ill-will fight that one or both dislike each other for this fight to happen but this story seems set up more like a RogerTrooper where it's not about the combatants disliking each other that starts it off but at least one of them having a pure joy/love of the all out physical contest.

So while the stories that start with a dislike such as The Promotion which had a man and woman competing for a better job this is more the woman loves the thrill of a real fight and she's finally found someone to potentially satisfy that need for her again. Both story types are enjoyable though.
Thanks for explaining. That concept, I suppose, is not something I would have otherwise been fully conscious of. It just seems, with all due respect, a bit 'wishy washy' to me.

As someone that used to train in Boxing, I can understand and appreciate the technical aspects and disciplined training involved. But it is still ultimately a competitive arena when it comes to testing yourself one-on-one with an opponent - it is one of, if not the most primal sports out there. There must be a strong level of intensity and competitive desire to win rather than this joy/love of a physical contest.

To a certain degree, you have to hate your opponent. That's part of the reason you'd never see the Klitschko brothers fight each other as opposed to the Williams sisters playing each other in Tennis. The mindset is different. It's part of the reason I never went beyond light sparring in the 4 years I trained, I couldn't engage that 'kill or be killed' mentality.

Men are, by nature (and some women, but more so men), very competitive creatures. That's why we love sport - and the goal is always to win. When you score the winning goal, put, shot, manoeuvre - that's where the real joy/love/euphoria lies - beating your opponent and feeling superior.

That's why I assumed this sparring match spilled over into a 'war' because sooner or later (at least from Tom's POV) that primal, testosterone-fuelled, caveman desire to be dominant inevitably kicks in.

In that respect, it lacks a level of transparency. Tom goes from thinking it'd be humiliating to lose but would feel even worse if he were to hurt a woman. A natural and realistic thought process. Realistically, most men would have pulled the plug after the first couple of rounds. She'd hit him a few times and he'd hit her, but something obviously intensified to the point Tom was willing to hurt this woman and 'use his power' - his last bastion of masculinity in the face of a humiliating defeat where his status, reputation and manhood were being challenged. This escalation was sadly not explored from Tom's psychological POV but does leave room to flesh out in future.
Old 25-Apr-18, 00:29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks for explaining. That concept, I suppose, is not something I would have otherwise been fully conscious of. It just seems, with all due respect, a bit 'wishy washy' to me.

As someone that used to train in Boxing, I can understand and appreciate the technical aspects and disciplined training involved. But it is still ultimately a competitive arena when it comes to testing yourself one-on-one with an opponent - it is one of, if not the most primal sports out there. There must be a strong level of intensity and competitive desire to win rather than this joy/love of a physical contest.

To a certain degree, you have to hate your opponent. That's part of the reason you'd never see the Klitschko brothers fight each other as opposed to the Williams sisters playing each other in Tennis. The mindset is different. It's part of the reason I never went beyond light sparring in the 4 years I trained, I couldn't engage that 'kill or be killed' mentality.

Men are, by nature (and some women, but more so men), very competitive creatures. That's why we love sport - and the goal is always to win. When you score the winning goal, put, shot, manoeuvre - that's where the real joy/love/euphoria lies - beating your opponent and feeling superior.

That's why I assumed this sparring match spilled over into a 'war' because sooner or later (at least from Tom's POV) that primal, testosterone-fuelled, caveman desire to be dominant inevitably kicks in.

In that respect, it lacks a level of transparency. Tom goes from thinking it'd be humiliating to lose but would feel even worse if he were to hurt a woman. A natural and realistic thought process. Realistically, most men would have pulled the plug after the first couple of rounds. She'd hit him a few times and he'd hit her, but something obviously intensified to the point Tom was willing to hurt this woman and 'use his power' - his last bastion of masculinity in the face of a humiliating defeat where his status, reputation and manhood were being challenged. This escalation was sadly not explored from Tom's psychological POV but does leave room to flesh out in future.
Jiminy, I do believe you're on to something there. But please keep in mind that we are just at the beginning of this story. I was already in the middle of addressing some of these issues before I saw your comments.

I will certainly give more time to exploring Tom's psychological motivations in the next chapter, leading up to their next fight. In the first chapter, he's still taking time to process the whole situation. He hasn't really had time to think about the stakes of winning and losing. I do think this is important and it will definitely come into play in the next chapters.

One thing I strongly disagree with you on is this idea that you have to "hate" your opponent. I'm sorry you feel that way but I think that is patently untrue. There are plenty of examples of fighters, especially in MMA, who are friends outside of the ring even though they fought in the past, or who demonstrate great sportsmanship before and after fights even when the stakes are high (this is more common in women's MMA but it does occur in men's MMA as well). I think one reason you don't see it as much in men's combat sports is that traditional expression of masculinity often makes it difficult for men to disentangle the violence of the contest from the emotions that often accompany violence (hate, rage...). I believe it is possible to be a perfectly effective fighter without embracing harmful emotional expression like that.

At least as far as the story is concerned at this point, there is little to no animosity between Tom and Katya. Tom has a crush on Katya, and it seems like Katya likes Tom as well. If they are both agonophiles, and let's assume that is possible, it could be that they are just fighting because they like how it feels. As an agonophile myself, I can attest to that. However, yes, the motivation to win and dominate your opponent is important and cannot be overstated. And what we know about Tom and Katya is that they have both had winning records--Katya's is a lot more extensive, but Tom knows what it takes to win and that will to win is in him. We'll see if there is anything else motivating him when the next chapter comes.

I hope that helps clear things up. I do appreciate the critique.
Old 25-Apr-18, 09:05
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi0mega [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

One thing I strongly disagree with you on is this idea that you have to "hate" your opponent. I'm sorry you feel that way but I think that is patently untrue. There are plenty of examples of fighters, especially in MMA, who are friends outside of the ring even though they fought in the past, or who demonstrate great sportsmanship before and after fights even when the stakes are high (this is more common in women's MMA but it does occur in men's MMA as well). I think one reason you don't see it as much in men's combat sports is that traditional expression of masculinity often makes it difficult for men to disentangle the violence of the contest from the emotions that often accompany violence (hate, rage...). I believe it is possible to be a perfectly effective fighter without embracing harmful emotional expression like that.
To hit someone hard enough to inflict cuts, bruises, bone fractures and breakages, possible concussions and sometimes greater severity of injuries, you do need to embrace an emotion of harmful intent.

It's a violent and brutal sport and I'm really just echoing what has been said many times from watching and reading about Boxing / MMA for 20 + years and training myself when I was in my late teens, being around active amateur fighters and talking to them.

Although I've heard it said many times, 'hate' might be the wrong word, that's why I said 'to a certain degree' to make it more pliable towards the point I intended. Hatred, as in being emotionally angry - overly aggressive - in a fight is a bad thing as you'll probably make mistakes that your opponent can capitalise on. Same in all other sports. In Basketball, you can't be so aggressive that you shoot every time you get the ball, from anywhere on the court. On balance, it would be to a team's detriment.

In combat sports, you need to be ruthless, but not reckless.

Ultimately, it's not something everyone is comfortable with. Like I said, when I used to Box, I wasn't comfortable seeing guys with cuts and bruises to their face that I'd inflicted. That's why I had no desire to compete. Plus I was really not enough.

I get what what you're saying about respect, friendship and sportsmanship and that is all true. But testament to the point I'm making, there's certain fighters that won't fight each other because they cannot/will not engage that mindset - the capacity for violence - against each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi0mega [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

At least as far as the story is concerned at this point, there is little to no animosity between Tom and Katya. Tom has a crush on Katya, and it seems like Katya likes Tom as well. If they are both agonophiles, and let's assume that is possible, it could be that they are just fighting because they like how it feels. As an agonophile myself, I can attest to that.
It's been said before that there are, in the most basic sense, 2 kinds of people on this forum - those that are turned on by the experience (wrestling, fighting, etc) itself and those by the ramifications of losing to an attractive woman, feeding that sense of shame, humiliation and inferiority that we have, for some reason, sexualised.

I'm very much the latter. Fighting itself is not a fetish for me. I made my first comment completely oblivious to this being an agonophilia story. For me, there has to be a meaning to want to fight someone other than deriving sexual pleasure from it. I guess what threw me was the lack of sex acts and light goading from Katya, implying she enjoys bullying / beating men for her own (non-sexual of course) amusement.

In conclusion, please don't feel like I'm ragging on your story or concepts. I'm the one in the minority and you'll find plenty of others that share your way of thinking. I found your description of the fight itself excellent and Katya very intriguing to learn more about.

Last edited by jiminy; 25-Apr-18 at 09:31.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Apr-18, 18:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's been said before that there are, in the most basic sense, 2 kinds of people on this forum - those that are turned on by the experience (wrestling, fighting, etc) itself and those by the ramifications of losing to an attractive woman, feeding that sense of shame, humiliation and inferiority that we have, for some reason, sexualised.

I'm very much the latter. Fighting itself is not a fetish for me. I made my first comment completely oblivious to this being an agonophilia story. For me, there has to be a meaning to want to fight someone other than deriving sexual pleasure from it. I guess what threw me was the lack of sex acts and light goading from Katya, implying she enjoys bullying / beating men for her own (non-sexual of course) amusement.
Wow, this has really been helpful. I don't think I had ever thought about it that way. This will help me get a better sense of what sorts of things resonate with the different subgroups on the forum.

I know for my part I am much more activated by the act of fighting, BUT domination and humiliation do play a small part in my own fantasies. So that's why you see that in my stories, sometimes. Now, contrast this with my Cyberpunk story, and the violence is cranked up to a much higher level, but there is little dominance play or humiliation because it is primarily a survival story about gladiators.

Closing shift is more about romance and power dynamics in relationships. But I suppose I shouldn't be the one explaining the themes of my own writing. If the story is any good, it will speak for itself. It's still a work in progress, but hopefully once you read the next few chapters you'll get a better sense of the 'arc.' I think if you stick around, you might see some themes you enjoy. Regardless, I'm always interested to hear what you think. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bi0mega For This Useful Post:

Tags
competitive, kickboxing, knockout, mixed boxing, mixed fighting