Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-May-18, 12:07
Points: 10,003, Level: 43 Points: 10,003, Level: 43 Points: 10,003, Level: 43
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Brutal beatings at live events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You reminded me of this:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Everyone at that event (the sponsors,the winning fighter, the announcer. the commentators) should be ashamed of themselves for letting that happen.
Winner of that one-sided beatdown video, Ilima Lei McFarlane, is currently flyweight champ of Bellator.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 13-May-18, 14:30
Points: 2,914, Level: 22 Points: 2,914, Level: 22 Points: 2,914, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Some ring matches I've seen have had blood. I don't think the blood was fake in every match I saw. I know everyone has their own interest in entertainment and kind of wrestling (my profile name gives you a little clue, heh heh) but I feel there needs to be some trust, safety, respect in a match. There are limits to mismatched wrestlers competing. At some point it goes from enjoyment to the barbaric.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ropework For This Useful Post:
Old 13-May-18, 22:31
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You reminded me of this:

Everyone at that event (the sponsors,the winning fighter, the announcer. the commentators) should be ashamed of themselves for letting that happen.

I'm sure they didn't try to get that fight sanctioned by regulators, because they would have been shut down.

Seriously, somebody needs to go to prison for that crap.

A newbie could get killed fighting a professional.

Added after 9 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropework [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some ring matches I've seen have had blood. I don't think the blood was fake in every match I saw. I know everyone has their own interest in entertainment and kind of wrestling (my profile name gives you a little clue, heh heh) but I feel there needs to be some trust, safety, respect in a match. There are limits to mismatched wrestlers competing. At some point it goes from enjoyment to the barbaric.

When I see the stunts that pro wrestlers do, I'm amazed there isn't more real blood.

Yes, the matches are scripted. But the participants get into some dangerous stuff.

Last edited by ClckwrkOra; 13-May-18 at 22:31.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 13-May-18, 22:39
Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100 Points: 57,381, Level: 100
Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4% Activity: 71.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,704 Times in 1,907 Posts

Quote:
You reminded me of this:

Unfortunately, there have been many complete mismatches in WMMA.

Here's another. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Even Herb Dean, famous for the early stoppage, was too late in stopping this one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 15-May-18, 01:30
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Unfortunately, there have been many complete mismatches in WMMA.

Here's another. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Even Herb Dean, famous for the early stoppage, was too late in stopping this one.
At least she stood up smiling. Could have been worse. (I think the shot that Mobwife took was worse - they called EMTs to the ring, but that was a kick.)

Stupid match-up, but the outcome wasn't that bad.
Old 15-May-18, 12:03
Points: 6,548, Level: 34 Points: 6,548, Level: 34 Points: 6,548, Level: 34
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Coming from a fighting background I can’t actually believe what I’m watching. You see from the earlier post the fighter is embarrassed to have ko’d The soccer mom. How the event ever happened is a worry. The second one is the girl in blues camp/trainers fault. She clearly had zero skills and shouldn’t have been anywhere near a ring/cage. As a trainer your fighters safety is your responsibility and unfortunately for that girl she trusted the wrong people. I’m not an exper in Mma and possibly she had fantastic ground skills but poor striking but imo she should never have been in there. These things scare me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markwebb For This Useful Post:
Old 15-May-18, 14:57
Points: 4,627, Level: 28 Points: 4,627, Level: 28 Points: 4,627, Level: 28
Last Achievements

I happen to really like these matches , but only in wrestling. I haven't even dared watch the mma ones mentioned in previous posts .. too brutal for me.

In wrestling - Lia v Artemis and Viktoria vs Kassidy are good examples. There are plenty of DWW and fighting-dolls event matches where this has happened also. I can remember Sandra(AKA Gloria) totally dominating a losing opponent (10-0 or so) at least twice. I will try and think of specifics.

Also a rare studio match in front of a small audience saw Kathy Gifford vs Krissy (formerly from ring girls). they wrestled twice ...Kathy was really brutal and mean in the second match. It is available on clips4sale, can i post the link Zweig? (I am hopeless with forum rules

It doesn't always need to be a live event I remember the awesome Isabella (LWS) could be very dominant if the mood took her she beat Meteor 16-2 or something in a studio match.
Also Angelina Martin (now MMA fighter) beating her later girlfriend Nikki AKA Sammi Squeeze 19-5 for Flamingo
Old 15-May-18, 23:35
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts

I am assuming the boxing match you refer to was Kahti against Neko. Both that match and the Lia - Artemis match are from the 2006 Fighting Style event in Greece, which I attended. As I recall Kahti did some boxing as part of her general fitness training, but did not compete competitively as a boxer. However, it quickly became obvious that her boxing skills were far superior to Neko's and Neko quit after taking a number of solid blows to her head in the first minute or so.
Old 16-May-18, 00:29
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorgirl [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I happen to really like these matches , but only in wrestling. I haven't even dared watch the mma ones mentioned in previous posts .. too brutal for me.

In wrestling - Lia v Artemis and Viktoria vs Kassidy are good examples. There are plenty of DWW and fighting-dolls event matches where this has happened also. I can remember Sandra(AKA Gloria) totally dominating a losing opponent (10-0 or so) at least twice. I will try and think of specifics.

Also a rare studio match in front of a small audience saw Kathy Gifford vs Krissy (formerly from ring girls). they wrestled twice ...Kathy was really brutal and mean in the second match. It is available on clips4sale, can i post the link Zweig? (I am hopeless with forum rules

It doesn't always need to be a live event I remember the awesome Isabella (LWS) could be very dominant if the mood took her she beat Meteor 16-2 or something in a studio match.
Also Angelina Martin (now MMA fighter) beating her later girlfriend Nikki AKA Sammi Squeeze 19-5 for Flamingo

Sandra/Gloria also got visibly frustrated when losing to a guy in DWW.

I think they gave his name as Jack. He won something like 4-0.

Not in front of an audience, but she was definitely cranky at the end of the match.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwebb [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Coming from a fighting background I can’t actually believe what I’m watching. You see from the earlier post the fighter is embarrassed to have ko’d The soccer mom. How the event ever happened is a worry. The second one is the girl in blues camp/trainers fault. She clearly had zero skills and shouldn’t have been anywhere near a ring/cage. As a trainer your fighters safety is your responsibility and unfortunately for that girl she trusted the wrong people. I’m not an exper in Mma and possibly she had fantastic ground skills but poor striking but imo she should never have been in there. These things scare me!

The promoters apparently ran unsanctioned events by holding them on a Native American reservation near San Diego.

It's a miracle no one (apparently) died or suffered permanent injuries.

Last edited by ClckwrkOra; 16-May-18 at 00:29.
Old 16-May-18, 04:40
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am assuming the boxing match you refer to was Kahti against Neko. Both that match and the Lia - Artemis match are from the 2006 Fighting Style event in Greece, which I attended. As I recall Kahti did some boxing as part of her general fitness training, but did not compete competitively as a boxer. However, it quickly became obvious that her boxing skills were far superior to Neko's and Neko quit after taking a number of solid blows to her head in the first minute or so.
That sounds like it. It pissed me off seeing the match. I feel a bit better about it if the lady wasn't an actual boxer, just took a some classes, but seeing how it played out, it was very wrong. I wanted to punch the producers in the face after seeing it.