Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 03-Jan-17, 20:47
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts
Default WMMA fighter RENA

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm surprised there's no thread about her yet.

She is a shootboxing (kickboxing but with throws and standing submissions allowed, very fun sport) fighter who transitioned to MMA recently and is fighting in Japanese promotion Rizin.

She beat some males in a TV show once in competitive fights:

Her last fight in Rizin:

Here she submitted a wrestler with a choke:

Flying armbar submission:

Some of Rena shootboxing matches:

It's a shame I can't find this fight against Cindy Alves in full but enjoy this slam:

I enjoy the shiny long tight pants that the girls often wear in shootboxing:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Apr-17, 02:45
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: WMMA fighter RENA

Hopefully Rena will eventually make it to the ufc, if she can ever leave the Shoot Boxing behind.

Here's Frank Pozen's call on Rena's match on sunday:

RENA vs Dora Perjes from Sunday's RIZIN show in Yokohama. Of course we all know about RENA and I guess we are all looking forward to the women's Grand Prix which I expect she will win. Dora is from Hungary. Her record is 7-1 which seems impressive but she hasn't faced anyone like RENA. Dora gets off to a quick start by taking RENA down and try to submit her. She almost hooked an armbar. It was certainly entertaining BUT it was way too early in the fight to try that. RENA was still fresh and I'm sure she knew that Dora would do this. Dora may have gotten away with this back home in Hungary but it's not a strategy that will work against a good fighter. So once RENA got to her feet, that was the beginning of the end. She dropped Dora with a body shot and then walked away. The ref yelled at RENA and she rushed back. It looks like she forgot this is MMA. They have standing eight counts in Shoot Boxing. I'll get back to that in a minute. Among other things, RENA stomps Dora. Then she drops her with another body shot and this time it is over. I have been saying for the last year that RENA needs to quit Shoot Boxing and concentrate on MMA. The mistake she made in this fight reinforces that. If she makes a mistake like that during the Grand Prix, it could be very costly. I know she is loyal to SB owner Takeshi Caesar but he's a weasel and he only appreciates his cut for letting RENA fight in RIZIN. Maybe RIZIN owner Sakikabara can work something out with him. RENA is his star now and she may be the biggest home grown star to come out of RIZIN. Saori Ishioka, Kanna Asakura and King REINA all won their matches at yesterday's show. Ishioka and Asakura will be in the Grand Prix and both were stalking RENA at today's press conference. As for King REINA, there's no one for her to fight in Japan so RIZIN has to keep bringing in gaijin. She has already threatened to move to the US. She will probably have to move anyway. The talk is REINA may fight Gabi Garcia but REINA would give up a lot of size and weight. Remember in Japan it's Open Weight. So enjoy the fight and remember that RENA is the one who could bring MMA back to the mainstream in Japan.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Apr-17, 03:11
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts

Video of her fight from Rizin 5:

I don't want to see her in the UFC. Rizin is way better for her. Rizin has better rules (soccer kicks and stomps allowed making it look more like a real fight, no holding against the cage and other forms of stalling, fights take place in the ring), promotes fighter personalities more (Rena gets to wear her sexy shiny outfits instead of boring Reebok clothes) and even while having lower quality of fighters the shows are generally more fun and attract audience. I enjoyed every single one of them.

While the UFC has better fighters on contract it doesn't allow those fighters to fight anywhere else and with the way UFC is releasing fighters lately I doubt they will be the undisputed premier promotion for much longer. Rizin co-promotes with Bellator, One FC etc. Also Rena is still very young, UFC would waste her talent by making her fight someone like Joanna or Claudia Gadelha way too soon. It's better for Rena to keep smashing lower level fighters in these fun fights until she gains enough MMA experience and builds her name.

Besides, the Rizin ring favors her shootboxing skills. The UFC cage favors wrestling and stalling against the cage.

Another thing that you have to consider is that she seems to be at least somewhat known in Japan while in USA she is a total unknown. She can probably earn more money and sponsors fighting in her own country.
The Following User Says Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Jan-18, 07:15
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Here's her fight this weekend:

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post: