Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Aug-17, 00:58
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 792 Posts
Default How I'm Starting To Feel.

Now here's a thing, and its one that to actually express my thoughts may get me castigated by some sections of this Forum. It is simply this. I am becoming bored with this Forum. Before "Angry Of Purley" etc, rush to their keyboards, allow me to explain myself.
When I joined this Forum, I thought it was brilliant and most of the members ( at least the small percent who actually contributed ) seemed to be great, like minded people. I contributed often and rose through the ranks to become an Insider ( when they existed ). I picked up the odd ban or two along the way, but that's what happens when you stick your head above the parapet----I probably deserved them. The Forum was interesting and I was having FUN.
Now, my contribution is down to less than 15% and that's NOT because I can't be arsed. I simply cannot think of any meaningful contribution since only very short clips and a mere handful of pictures can now be posted. I know that there are stalwarts such as MC-MENNI ( bless him ) who keep up the good work, but they are the exception. I don't want to be this negative, although this post will probably draw some criticism, but there are only a limited number of ways that a story can be told and I'm beginning to feel that I'm getting near the end of the book. I really hope that I'm wrong and that I'll somehow rekindle my interest.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bonnie4444 For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Aug-17, 10:55
Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,833 Times in 574 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

I understand exactly how you feel. There are still some excellent contributors, my favorite is lollydx, who regularly post outstanding material. I've also backed off and just don't feel as excited anymore. In my case, my health has deteriorated over the past two years, but don't want to use that as an excuse. Maybe I just need to kick myself in the can and start contributing again. I hope I snap out of it because there are some superb people here who make this forum, including you Bonnie (Go Gunners!).
The Following User Says Thank You to elliebi001 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Aug-17, 05:07
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

I wasn't on this board 3 years ago, so I can't compare. I'm also more into the discussions than the pictures. I appreciate the occasional free video, but I respect the rules against sharing stuff that's on clips-4-sale.

My overall impression is that this is a great board. Lots of like minded people and some of a different mind, but it's all good. Some good discussion. Lots of people I like. Lots of good session reviews. Some older posters like me with good stories.

None of that makes your feelings wrong, so, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to disagree with either of you. I'm only sharing my perception as a newer member. Many message boards (everyone board I can think of that I frequented), seemed to go through a peak period and then a slowdown. I think this board is still a great find for any new posters.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-17, 04:27
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts

I joined this board about 5 years ago. At that time it stood out a LOT as place where people explained their innermost motivations for being involved with femdom/wrestling. There were a lot of "why I have this fetish" kind of discussions.

That level of emotional intensity hasn't survived although once in a while it comes back.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-17, 14:16
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,626 Times in 947 Posts

Have been a charter member since almost the beginning, and the board has gone thru different phases, bit good and bad

But at the end of the day, the best board out there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-17, 19:24
Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,714 Times in 964 Posts

I have been an active member only this year but i appreciate a lot of things here. It allows us to share a passion and our interests in a respectful place. And there will always be ups and downs, like every forum. Nobody is right or wrong because an involvement is a personal matter.

About discussions, it is not easy to talk and reveal a part of ourselves in a constructive conversation. Wrestling means different things for people and opening emotions can sometimes provoke some misunderstandings (relating to sexuality, childhood issues, lifestyles choices...). But accepting our differences is a way to learn and grow.
Old 30-Aug-17, 19:48
Points: 45,359, Level: 93 Points: 45,359, Level: 93 Points: 45,359, Level: 93
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,731 Times in 468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Now here's a thing, and its one that to actually express my thoughts may get me castigated by some sections of this Forum. It is simply this. I am becoming bored with this Forum. Before "Angry Of Purley" etc, rush to their keyboards, allow me to explain myself.
When I joined this Forum, I thought it was brilliant and most of the members ( at least the small percent who actually contributed ) seemed to be great, like minded people. I contributed often and rose through the ranks to become an Insider ( when they existed ). I picked up the odd ban or two along the way, but that's what happens when you stick your head above the parapet----I probably deserved them. The Forum was interesting and I was having FUN.
Now, my contribution is down to less than 15% and that's NOT because I can't be arsed. I simply cannot think of any meaningful contribution since only very short clips and a mere handful of pictures can now be posted. I know that there are stalwarts such as MC-MENNI ( bless him ) who keep up the good work, but they are the exception. I don't want to be this negative, although this post will probably draw some criticism, but there are only a limited number of ways that a story can be told and I'm beginning to feel that I'm getting near the end of the book. I really hope that I'm wrong and that I'll somehow rekindle my interest.
I think I have that feeling about... everything I like. The local music scene. Social media. Netflix Originals. Bethesda games. Yes, even beer!

It's basically just brain chemistry. Things that make us feel good make us feel less good with constant repetition. So we need a break. And then we go back to them.

I bet if you took three weeks and tried not to even *think* about sex and combat, you'd come back here and be like "OMG I LOVE THIS FORUM"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EricRRobert For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-17, 00:49
Points: 17,762, Level: 58 Points: 17,762, Level: 58 Points: 17,762, Level: 58
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgoodguy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Have been a charter member since almost the beginning, and the board has gone thru different phases, bit good and bad

But at the end of the day, the best board out there
I agree, Joe. For its subject matter, it's the best and most diversified.
Old 04-Oct-17, 01:18
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRRobert [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think I have that feeling about... everything I like. The local music scene. Social media. Netflix Originals. Bethesda games. Yes, even beer!

It's basically just brain chemistry. Things that make us feel good make us feel less good with constant repetition. So we need a break. And then we go back to them.

I bet if you took three weeks and tried not to even *think* about sex and combat, you'd come back here and be like "OMG I LOVE THIS FORUM"
BINGO!

Often I go on this forum every day, or at least a few times a week. Occasionally I'll let a few weeks go by without visiting. the forum is usually more enjoyable after returning from a hiatus.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Oct-17, 17:08
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Personally I love this forum, but like all things, need a break occasionally. When I feel like that, I stay away from it for a week or two. Then I come back, and hey presto, more content to catch up with, and more discussions to participate in.

I love the fact there is somewhere I can discuss my kinks/wrestling fetishes with other like minded people and not be judged...long may it continue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post: