Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-Jul-17, 14:13
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Before the internet!!!

I was kind of always into it. I went to a jock school and there weren't many but there were a couple jock ladies and I used to fantasize about them. I didn't date in HS hardly at all, too shy and awkward, but I fantasized about wrestling some of the HS girls. I remember watching WWE and loving the women when they came on, though in the late 70s the women weren't very attractive in WWE - tail end of the Moola era. They started to get a lot prettier in the 80s, and then there was glow in 85, but by the time glow came out I was fairly well aware of the fetish and where to find it. I was actually a little disapointed in glow. Too much show, to little real wrestling. At least WWE made it look real.

but . . . apart from my fantasies about strong women, and WWE, my first exposure to this was sports review wrestling magazine, which had apartment house wrestling, which was basically catfighting, girl on girl, but they had pictures and stories, small pictures, like 4x4 or 3x3 on the magazine page, mostly black and white but it was awesome. I loved those. They had a small picture in the corner of the cover as eye candy. Drew me right in.

I found a few nudie magazines. Cavalier, Nugget, Legshow - that had the occasional wrestling bit but it was really the advertisement for Amfem in one of those sports review mags that fully introduced me to sessions. I joined Amfem, and then I had access to all the video companies in the 80s, Judell, C&B, Bill Wick, Nancy Novak, Joan Wise, Deena Zarra (who I arranged my first session with - Robin). And I slowly started collecting. Starting with the catalogs and when I could afford them, a video here and there. (didn't have much money). Needless to say after seeing a Bill Wick or C&B video, Glow didn't really wow me much. I was always more into women dominating men anyway.

I remember one pamphlet where the guy wrote about his experiences in detail and I liked that very much. very few if any pictures but he was obviously into sharing his experience.

Now you get more for free than you could buy back then, but I still really enjoyed what I collected in the late 80s.

The Internet, first it was usenet - anyone remember usenet forums, people would upload a picture here and there for download, you had to download before you saw what it was. Then WB270 came on board - very early in the internet days - back when everyone was still using AOL, and WB270 was incredible. Great for seeing a variety of women. It kinda killed Amfem, but AMfem was going to get killed by the internet anyway.

I remember early internet subscriptions too, $10 a month or $25 a quarter and you got to download pictures for that - no videos, just pictures, but still, it was kind of awesome, collecting pictures on my computer. I got a big thrill out of that in the mid 90s.

A coup
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Jul-17, 14:54
Points: 4,782, Level: 29 Points: 4,782, Level: 29 Points: 4,782, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Yes! I so remember those days. Thanks. WellHungJohnny.
Old 01-Jul-17, 18:04
Points: 55,970, Level: 100 Points: 55,970, Level: 100 Points: 55,970, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,438 Times in 1,285 Posts

I too remember those days. Any videos purchased were all done by mail, order forms to be filled out, money order, then wait a couple of weeks. Now you can purchase a video, download it, and you're viewing it within the hour without leaving the house.
Old 01-Nov-17, 07:28
Points: 7,118, Level: 36 Points: 7,118, Level: 36 Points: 7,118, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatten_PhD [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I got into this fetish in the mid or late 1990's. Well, that's when I REALIZED it was a fetish other people had, and that it was an industry of sorts...

I was in a newsstand and noticed a copy of Fighting Females magazine. Robin was on the cover. I still have that issue and maybe one more in a box. Some day I will scan them if anyone cares.

Anyway, that led to me going online (but the Internet was really in its infancy then..I remember Tempest had a site, Joan Wise, Green Eyes, Am Fem, and Robin's site...) But the magazine is really what did it.

The rest, as they say, is history.
Similar in my case. Saw a magazine (probably the same magazine, almost certainly not the same issue) in a bookseller's in Wyoming; until then, I hadn't even any idea that there were physical print periodicals on the subject. I had already "discovered" dianathevalkyrie(dot)com. Some time later while browsing that site a saw a link to LH Art.

Now, almost 20 years later, I've actually written for LH Art, as well as for Amy's Conquest. How's that for funny.
Old 10-Nov-17, 04:38
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortoy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Similar in my case. Saw a magazine (probably the same magazine, almost certainly not the same issue) in a bookseller's in Wyoming; until then, I hadn't even any idea that there were physical print periodicals on the subject. I had already "discovered" dianathevalkyrie(dot)com. Some time later while browsing that site a saw a link to LH Art.

Now, almost 20 years later, I've actually written for LH Art, as well as for Amy's Conquest. How's that for funny.
Cool. What's LH Art, though?
Old 10-Nov-17, 09:55
Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,833 Times in 574 Posts

schatten, please do yourself a big favor and go to [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. You won't be sorry.
Old 10-Nov-17, 18:37
Points: 3,864, Level: 26 Points: 3,864, Level: 26 Points: 3,864, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Smile Re: Before the internet!!!

There's also a more "mainstream" magazine which should be credited with bringing pictures and videos to REAL LIFE. Robert Kennedy's Muscle Magazine was an earlier version of Muscular Development magazine which can still be found on shelves (as well as the internet) today.

In the back of each issue were 1/3 or 1/4 page ads for ladies willing to wrestle men. This was how I became aware of such "goings on" and the rest is history...lol.

My first encounter ever was when I "met" Cynthia "the Iron Raven Maiden" in Chicago by answering an ad via snailmail...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwillish For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-19, 21:06
Points: 2,222, Level: 19 Points: 2,222, Level: 19 Points: 2,222, Level: 19
Last Achievements

Growing up in the UK during the 80s the only access I had was ads in the back of wrestling magazines.
I can remember ads for jaguar videos,premier productions and actionsports.
All of these were based in the USA and I had no way to purchase anything.
A little later on I saw an ad for festelle and I was able to buy vhs tapes.
The glossy catalogue was £3 and i spent hours looking through it.
Videos starring Lucy Gresty and a young Indian girl called Bindi.
I occasionally used to visit Soho and would pick up tapes but these were very hit and miss and very expensive and sometimes I'd get ripped off.
The best video shop in London was near Charing cross station and they stocked festelle originals.
It wasn't until sometime later that I found out that TPC videos was based less than 20miles from where I lived.
By the time I found out it was too late.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20c7e2cf-2613-4a70-ad4c-4404bada39da.jpg (26.3 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg 9bc64c05-2fa5-468c-86ed-815be5b63aec.jpg (51.8 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg 78edc7ca-8f33-4b60-b4a9-bb1a2ce29444.jpg (35.0 KB, 183 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gavnorfolk For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Dec-19, 14:10
Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,220 Times in 6,815 Posts

Thanks,

I've recently been posting more of that stuff here if you're interested in another trip down Memory Lane.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jan-20, 02:22
Points: 4,597, Level: 28 Points: 4,597, Level: 28 Points: 4,597, Level: 28
Activity: 35.7% Activity: 35.7% Activity: 35.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,013 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
..a time long ago when fans relied on the written word and the pic's that came with it. Often they would search far and wide for publications..
Yeah.. as a young cat I attended a Women's Strength Extravaganza, after seeing it advertised in a bodybuilding magazine.
Pre-internet era, so their print ad had a phone number & mailing address for tickets & info. You mailed your ticket payment to a gym in Jersey, and the promoters sent u an address (a high school gym that year) & tickets, etc.
No PayPal, no Google maps, no e-mail.. u got an envelope w/your tickets & a cool flier featuring pics of some of the competitors. And for me & my homeboy, North Jersey was a long drive. But the show was worth every minute of the trek.. The promoters also used to host an after-party/dinner for fans who purchased higher priced tix. Good times ~
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick Henry For This Useful Post: