Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Apr-18, 01:43
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts
Default A New Found Respect for Competitive Wrestling

As some of you may know, I am usually pretty quick to comment on these boards about males vs. females in competitive wrestling matches. I was always a strong proponent of the belief that even in competitive matches, men were losing to women on purpose. It was my belief that men would throw themselves into the woman's clutches intentionally to get tapped out. However, after my first competitive match with my wife, my beliefs are starting to shift on the issue.

As many of you know from my previous posts, my wife and I often times do scissor sessions together. Her scissors are incredibly strong for a girl with her size and lack of training. But I would always willingly sacrifice my head. But I always assumed that if we did a competitive match, I would wipe the floor with her. that wasn't the case.

Since I had my belief that I was going to completely dominate her, I agreed to handicap myself for the match. My wife ran me through a 10 minute exercise beatdown. I was alternating from push ups, to pull up, to sit ups. We did this until I was pretty much burnt out.

The rules were pretty simple. Submission only until she didn't feel like wrestling anymore! haha! When the match first started, we were just grappling on our feet for a little bit. No one really took the advantage. That was until I took her down to the mats. I was able to get on top of her at first, but she was eventually able to flip around to where she was on top of me.

She probably had me pinned for a good 10 minutes! I completely wore myself out trying to throw her off of me! And I was doing everything I could to get her off. I must say that my wife's upper body was a lot stronger than I had anticipated. Then, to make matters worse, I suggested that she apply a grapevine hold while she was on top of me. And she did it to perfection. I wasn't going anywhere. But I refused to tap out.

Eventually, I lucked out and my wife got a cramp in her leg. She let me up and we took a break. I was completely beat. I don't even think she had broken a sweat.

When we started wrestling again, we grappled around a bit more before we went to the ground and she trapped me in a scissor hold. Now I will admit, I definitely could have tried harder to avoid the scissor hold, but hey, I'm only human

I wasn't able to escape her scissors, but a plus for me...I didnt tap out. A plus for her....she knocked me out with them!

After my KO we grappled around for a little longer with no one gaining an advantage before we called it quits. So I guess she won 1-0 via the knockout. But she completely dominated me for most of the match. And I was not trying to throw the match at all.

If my wife, with zero fight training, can handle me this easily (I outweigh her by 80 pounds). I am far less skeptical about the idea that a trained female wrestler can legitimately destroy an untrained male, even if he is bigger than her.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Braddogg4345 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-18, 16:22
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: A New Found Respect for Competitive Wrestling

If you take a few jiu-jitsu classes, you will lose any illusions you may have about smaller opponents defeating larger ones.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Apr-18, 01:57
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you take a few jiu-jitsu classes, you will lose any illusions you may have about smaller opponents defeating larger ones.
Funny you should mention that. My 6 year old son is taking beginner Jiu Jitsu classes right now. There is this one little girl in his class that can beat most of the boys that are bigger than she is..

I am actually trying to convince my wife to sign up for jiu jitsu classes with me. She is still on the fence about it though.
Old 30-Apr-18, 21:05
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddogg4345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Funny you should mention that. My 6 year old son is taking beginner Jiu Jitsu classes right now. There is this one little girl in his class that can beat most of the boys that are bigger than she is..

I am actually trying to convince my wife to sign up for jiu jitsu classes with me. She is still on the fence about it though.

You may have better luck if the school has a women-only class.

If not, you might check in your area whether any other jiu-jitsu schools do.

Females can feel awkward working with or competing against men they don't know.
Old 01-May-18, 04:52
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddogg4345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

If the class won't work, you could try to get her to take some private one on one lessons. I'm not married, but with my wrestling fetish, I'd try anything along those lines. Back in the 80s when I was in college I always got my GFs to study karate. (Ju Jitsu wasn't big back then)
Old 08-May-18, 19:33
Points: 17,515, Level: 57 Points: 17,515, Level: 57 Points: 17,515, Level: 57
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,966 Times in 332 Posts

True, i thought the same.

I posted an ad on craigslist a couple of years back and a woman replied, she seemed very excited at the prospect of wrestling.

We met up at the submission room, the perfect place for a match, we got in to our wrestling attire (me blue singlet and a t-shirt - her in a black spandex catsuit)

I told her right at the beginning of the match i would go easy with her to see if she could keep up and to see pretty much how or if she could wrestle.

Boy she made me eat my words, from being this pretty 30 something intelligent and very gentle looking normal lady she turned into this fighter, that i could not handle one bit, she was all over me. So powerful and quick, she strong armed me around the mats for an hour, i was totally helpless. And you know what! i was on cloud nine, one minute im on the mat afec down the next thing totally being controlled by this savage, two very strong legs clad in tight spandex would find a way around my head, she was full on squeezing, none of this just holding me and enjoying the ride she just tried to kill me lol. Incredible woman.

For an hour i was out wrestled from every turn, i just didnt have the stanmina to last 20 minutes let alone an hour with this woman.

After, we hugged and sat for a while not really saying much, i grabbed her hand and held it lol. It was my way of saying thanks for the arse kicking.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mooler_moosh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-18, 22:46
Points: 3,535, Level: 24 Points: 3,535, Level: 24 Points: 3,535, Level: 24
Last Achievements

My first experiences were with Flame Dragon and Cindy Huntress in Vancouver, both were fully competitive and yes they both handed me my ass the first time we met....LOL, I had to learn very quickly that they were very capable.....Women are way stronger than you think....others who fought me to a draw or beat me were Grace from San Fran, Anaxtasia From London, Scarlette Divine from Vegas and Tia Harris from Portland.

I have great respect for all female wrestlers who go at it competitively with men who are bigger and stronger, they may be smaller but they are generally in way better shape and are very good tactitions.

In the end the women decides the intensity and the rules, but if they want to go competitively, watch out and bring your "A game"....lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ace2334 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-May-18, 00:05
Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'll look for a trial. Might be weird if they suspect I am just showing up to roll with girls.
Old 09-May-18, 00:31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlylegs [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'll look for a trial. Might be weird if they suspect I am just showing up to roll with girls.

Yeah, I wouldn't tell the instructor about the fetish.
Old 09-May-18, 00:41
Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't tell the instructor about the fetish.
I just sent a message to someone about this. Funny thing is I did this for nearly half a year many years back and I never once rolled with a female. There are probably more girls involved now though. I need to get in decent shape before before I roll with a girl so that I don't have such an easy excuse.