Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Dec-13, 21:23
Points: 2,562, Level: 21 Points: 2,562, Level: 21 Points: 2,562, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default How rare is our obsession?

Can I ask two questions?

Just wondering if anyone else is as amazed at me at how rare out obsession is. For example, how the hell does Skylar Rene (in my opinion one of the most beautiful women on the planet) have only 479 followers on twitter? Even Veve Lane only has 1,122 followers.

For a silly comparison, Taylor Swift has over 37 million followers.

I love looking at the pictures Skylar uploads of herself and it seriously amazes me how few people feel the same. To me, Skylar is the epitome of beauty - but obviously not to everyone else. I feel like such an odd ball!

Next question - probably a little weird.

Does having such a rare sexual obsession make you more sympathetic towards paedophiles? Maybe not more sympathetic but more understanding.

The actions of a paedophile hurt innocent children and are, therefore, disgusting and unforgivable (I agree with society on this). But whenever stories about paedophiles make the news (e.g. seeing them getting huge jail sentences), I find myself thinking "thank God I am not a paedophile" because of the similarities between their obsession and ours (the rareness, the secrecy, etc). It reminds me of how lucky I am that I can satisfy my strange obsession safely and legally without hurting anybody - and makes me feel a tiny bit sorry for the paedophile!

Just wondering this obsession of ours has caused anyone else to feel sympathetic towards paedophiles. I suspect that almost everyone will answer no to this question (if anyone even bothers to answer). It also wouldn't surprise me if I received a backlash of hate for asking such a question (possibly even a banning!) - but it has been bugging at me (and I can't ask anyone in "real life") so I thought I may as well give it a go and ask here!

Last edited by del08; 25-Dec-13 at 21:31.
Old 25-Dec-13, 21:29
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts
Default Re: How rare is our obsession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Can I ask two questions?

Just wondering if anyone else is as amazed at me at how rare out obsession is. For example, how the hell does Skylar Rene (in my opinion one of the most beautiful women on the planet) have only 479 followers on twitter? Even Veve Lane only has 1,122 followers.

For a silly comparison, Taylor Swift has over 37 million followers.

I love looking at the pictures Skylar uploads of herself and it seriously amazes me how few people feel the same. To me, Skylar is the epitome of beauty - but obviously not to everyone else. I feel like such an odd ball!

Next question - probably a little weird.

Does having such a rare sexual obsession make you more sympathetic towards paedophiles? Maybe not more sympathetic but more understanding.

The actions of a paedophile hurt innocent children and are, therefore, disgusting and unforgivable (I agree with society on this). But whenever stories about paedophiles make the news (e.g. seeing them getting huge jail sentences), I find myself thinking "thank God I am not a paedophile" because of the similarities between their obsession and ours (the rareness, the secrecy, etc). It reminds me of how lucky I am that I can satisfy my strange obsession safely and legally without hurting anybody.
You can't judge the popularity of a session girl by twitter followers. Most people with this interest would never follow any of the girls publicly. I know that the only way I would follow them is if I were to set up a fake twitter profile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Dec-13, 21:30
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

First of all, hard data are difficult to come by.
The Twitter figures you cite are suggestive however. People like Skylar and Veve are not being promoted by the mainstream media. Perhaps that's it.
Try looking up Skylar under her real name. Post edited, name removed. Z
I wouldn't carry the comparison with pedophilia very far. Not far at all, actually.
The Following User Says Thank You to freestylefan For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Dec-13, 23:10
Banned
Points: 3,792, Level: 25 Points: 3,792, Level: 25 Points: 3,792, Level: 25
Last Achievements

I think it's A lot more common than you think. It's just most guys don't want it well known especially on something like twitter. I can remember being a kid at school during lunch time and during recess talking with two
Other kids as a goof about what cute girls in our school or on tv would you like to wrestle and get beat up by. I remember we kept it on the down low but I'm sure we weren't the only boys in school who thought about stuff like that and also doubt that they grew out of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tim k For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Dec-13, 03:33
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Well I WAS subscribed to Cheyenne Jewel (who has over 10k followers, I think) and April Hunter. But I had to unsub and now I have their twitters bookmarked, they just blow up my timeline with endless tweets, I think less is more. I don't have all day to read tweets!
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Dec-13, 22:15
Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

You use terms like "rare" and "keeping it a secret". What it sounds to me like is that you have some kind of issues going on, sounds like you feel interest in wrestling with a woman or interest in watching mixed wrestling is some kind of really creepy thing. I'm not sure where you come in on oral sex and so forth, but just so you know there are others of us for which this isn't a "secret". Now if I have sex with my wife do I chat about it with my co-workers or parents? Nope, why, because it's none of their business what we do, but guess what they can figure out we do, we have kids! I don't chat about how often I use the restroom either, not that it's a big secret, it's just unnecessary.

It's perfectly ok and normal. Quite a few men and women like wrestling, playing domination and submissive, guys like seeing their wives dressed up in skin tight skirts, garters and hose, hell people play all sorts of role play games. And if you don't have a wife or girl friend, you have something to look forward to then, because when you do, you can play a lot. That's what you do when you have someone in your life.

This is just normal healthy excitement. Some guys like skinny women, some apparently like women who seem to be to be obese. A bunch of us here like the Lindsey Vaughan type girls, tennis players, female body builders, female athletes. Their bodies are FANTASTIC. So we just happen to like girls with muscles and who are strong and fun. Guys and gals wrestle with each other ALL them time. It only is creepy if you substitute this to avoid really having a life and meeting people. And THAT isn't a problem with mixed wrestling. Maybe you don't, I have no idea, but this isn't a "big secret" to people.

Now if you go out on a first date and all you talk about is wanting to have a wrestling match with the girl, she'll probably think you're odd. She'd probably also think you were odd if all you talked about was intercourse or blowjobs. Not because screwing, BJs, or wrestling around together is odd, because she's probably thinking the same thing, that if she like you then you'll be dong that stuff IN A FEW DATES, but not day one and not yammering on about such a specific thing is odd. Not saying that you'd do that, but you question is so vague that maybe that's been a problem for you. Or maybe you've met someone who told you this was. Don't forget though there are people in the world you claim God hates anyone who is not heterosexual, or God hates anyone who isn't a member of a specific religion, or whatever. But that's just one knuckleheads opinion and it isn't a FACT. Fact is, wrestling is really very normal. Very Normal. And virtually ANY girl is willing to wrestle, but it's an intimate thing, you have to have a relationship first (or pay money for a session lady).

So no, I haven't because this is NOT a rare interest, it's really very common, and no it isn't a secret. Hell public radio had a segment on session wrestlers and so did VH-1! So just relax, appreciate the athletic gals, and enjoy your life.

Last edited by mrrassleswithgirls; 26-Dec-13 at 22:26.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mrrassleswithgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Dec-13, 22:17
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,626 Times in 947 Posts

Well put

If it so rare why are there so many visitors to this site?
The Following User Says Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Dec-13, 02:33
Points: 13,334, Level: 50 Points: 13,334, Level: 50 Points: 13,334, Level: 50
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

One of the many fundamental problems is the concept that sex is something that should be a source of shame. It's a normal biological function as important to the human race as breathing and eating. Treating it as anything else is going to run into contradictions and problems.

From that standpoint, any sexual fetish that doesn't hurt anyone else in and of itself should be accepted equally with any other. Let me emphasize that societal reaction and legal realities do not count for hurting anyone. I'm talking about an idealized situation - one that has never existed in human history - where we only count things directly attributable to the behavoirs inherent in a fetish. The requirement not to hurt anyone is about the act itself. If someone else goes bonkers and causes damage by their reaction to a fetish, that's their fault not the fault of the fetish anymore than we could hold a pretty girl responsible for being raped because she was so good looking that the rapist "just couldn't help himself". Rape causes damage inherently. Being beautiful doesn't hurt anyone. Similarly, a fetish of watching someone killed for real, for example, would be hurting someone and would rightfully be considered very bad. A fetish of role playing fictional violence, on the other hand, doesn't hurt anyone reagardless of if some legislature holds up a religious book and gets 50% + 1 to write on a piece of paper that it's bad.

Unfortunately, that's the situation we find ourselves in constantly. It's not our fetish that we're judging when we choose to disclose it but rather other people's reactions to it that we're concerned with. I, for one example, was turning my head to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman at the age of five both for her beauty and the strength and fighting scenes. But it's only the incredibly rare moments where I've felt comfortable enough in any environment to talk about it.

Sadly, demonizing sex has been a winning public gambit for thousands of years. It has decreased microscopically with the advent of the Internet since it has allowed us to prove to ourselves and others that we're not alone. They can demonize a marginalized group, but should that group prove to be large enough, their efforts will fail. But it certainly won't be eliminated in the lifetime of anyone reading these words today. All that we can do in the short term is meet each other, share our stories, create safe havens where we can be the people that we actually are. What excites us sexually is not going to change via a law, a gun, or a sermon.

Ultimately, it's a pretty simple situation we find outselves in. Men's power is derived from phyisical power and strength. Not surprisingly, acts of violence - no matter how brutal the damage - is shown on TV without stigma. We regularly see football players and other athletes suffer terrible injuries. Society doesn't demonize us for watching sports. Women's power is derived from sexual desirability and almost complete personal responsibility for the human reproductive cycle. Not surprisingly, acts of sex and even methods of sexual excitement - no matter how far removed from the act of sex itself - are treated with extreme prejudice. Men have held the winning cards for thousands of years. Seventy years since Rosie the Riveter simply isn't enough time to bring us to any semblance of equality. We'll know that we're approaching such equality when we start treating violence, the source of men's inflence, and sex, the source of women's influence, in the same light.

The rarity of our fetish is something that we can't accurately gauge right now any more than the people in 1972 could accurately gauge the number of women who would participate in sports after Title IX was enacted. Girls had suffered thousands of years of societal oppression preventing them from freely pursuing their interests in the area of athletics. Similarly, since we haven't been free to pursue our desires there's no way to tell how many of us there are and how many of us there would be if that pressure was removed.

However, judging from the massive growth decade by decade of the strong heroine characters in TV, movies, books, and other mass media, I bet that our proclivities are not nearly as uncommon as we've been led to believe. My guess is that there are so many of us that "rare" isn't the word to use at all.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mixtor42 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Dec-13, 07:35
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

DonSmith, what an insight!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Dec-13, 08:19
Points: 4,953, Level: 29 Points: 4,953, Level: 29 Points: 4,953, Level: 29
Last Achievements

How may people are on this or similar boards? Less than a thousand, which is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of millions of people on the internet.

Doing some math indicates less than 1 in 100000.

Even if there are 10 people with this interest for everyone registered, this its still less than 1 in 10000.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lacet For This Useful Post: