Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jul-16, 14:11
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Minxy Li demos self defense choke for Daily Mail article

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The one self-defence move EVERY woman should know - and it takes less than one minute to learn

Professional wrestler demonstrates a choke hold women should learn
Move helps you to fend off an attacker who is leaning over you
Using the T-shirt, hold can render your attacker unconscious in seconds

By Emily Hodgkin For Mailonline
Published: 06:26 EST, 22 July 2016

According to a professional wrestler, there is one self-defence move every woman should know - and it's called The Choke.

The basic move, which takes less than one minute to learn, could leave an attacker unconscious in just seconds if performed correctly.

FEMAIL enlisted the help of WWE wrestler Minxy, from London, to create a step-by-step video guide at CitySport gym.

Minxy said: 'This move is tricky and you would need to practice it to get the technique right, but if you know how to do it is does work and would have someone unconscious in seconds.'

She added that The Choke is a variant of a jujitsu move she practices at her studio, Alpha Femmes UK Wrestling Studio, based in London.

Minxy revealed that female wrestlers from her studio have put men in choke holds to fight them off, and she adds this move could help women to protect themselves in real-life scenarios.

Professional wrestler Minxy from Alpha Femmes UK studio demonstrated the move with prowess

Professional wrestler Eve Torres, who has 546,480 fans on Facebook, originally filmed footage of the move, urging women: 'Stop what you are doing and take 42 seconds to learn this choke!'

The video gained 32,000 reactions on Facebook, 175,043 shares and 5,596 comments.

Torres is a World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc (WWE) champion and has also starred in reality show WWE Divas, about the company's female stars.

HOW TO PERFORM THE CHOKE

STEP ONE:

Clamp you right arm over your attacker's neck, securing the neck in your elbow join and pulling them down firmly towards you.

STEP TWO:

Clamp the opponents left arm under your left arm, attempting to secure it in elbow joint. Hold it firmly.
Slide the right hand around their neck and grab the T-shirt under above your other hand. De-position the first hand above the second and then put your left foot in their hip joint
+3

Slide the right hand around their neck and grab the T-shirt under above your other hand. De-position the first hand above the second and then put your left foot in their hip joint

STEP THREE:

Wrap your legs around their waist and secure together with your ankles.

STEP FOUR:

Take your left arm and reach down to grab you assailants shirt. Then pull it up and gather the material in your hand, also taking a firm grip on the collar of the shirt behind their neck.

STEP FIVE:

In a quick movement slide your hand around their neck in a smooth motion keeping it close to the jugular. Grab the t-shirt with the palm of the right hand facing up above the left hand.

STEP SIX:

Reposition the right hand above the left hand.
Minxy and her exhausted volunteer shake hands after the wrestler performs the killer move
+3

Minxy and her exhausted volunteer shake hands after the wrestler performs the killer move

STEP SEVEN:

Put your left foot firmly in the hip joint of the attacker.

STEP EIGHT:

Push yourself away from the attacker with that foot.

STEP NINE:

Using the space created by that motion move the forearm on your left arm over their head so that your forearms are crossed and pressing against the neck. By pulling the t-shirt you can tighten the choke hold.

Tip: It is important to keep you head close to the head of your attacker so they can't punch you.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO PERFORM THE MOVE?

Emily Hodgkin, FEMAIL writer from South London says:

Watching Minxy try out the moves on our volunteer made me feel nervous at first. She was incredibly strong and skilled, and wasn't holding back when it came manhandling the men.

How was I going emulate this move effectively, and with such style?

It was rather awkward as I lay down on the mat underneath the volunteer I would be effectively strangling only moments later.

Initially the move was a bit difficult to get my head around, as the formula in which you have to move your arms, legs and hands can be a bit confusing.

However, once you manage to get your head around the choke it becomes easy, and that was after only a few tries.

I'm sure you'd need to keep practising, but it definitely works, you can tell when your volunteer is spluttering and struggling to breathe.

It feels empowering, as a small and quite weak woman, to have a much larger male opponent rendered helpless on top of you.

It's easy to apply enough pressure to knock someone unconscious by using their T-shirt and I definitely began to feel stronger and more powerful the more I tried the move.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jul-16, 07:09
Points: 5,724, Level: 32 Points: 5,724, Level: 32 Points: 5,724, Level: 32
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Minxy Li demos self defense choke for Daily Mail article

Great movie, question is do you get sexually aroused by her before you get choked out, or is the choking too rapidly...