Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jun-15, 08:06
Points: 11,022, Level: 45 Points: 11,022, Level: 45 Points: 11,022, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Kimbra reviews

Budapest, day 2, session 1: Kimbra

Kimbra may be the least known of the four girls I wrestled in Budapest, but has appeared as ‘Roxy’ in a number of European Fight Club videos.
I’d have included a photo from the day of the session, but she didn’t want to be all over Twitter or wrestling forums. She’s a pretty, smiling girl, seemingly a little shy, quite tall at 175 cm, about 65 kilos and slim. Slimmer than Orsi, but still not quite what I would call skinny. Kimbra is visibly strong in the upper body, and also has very toned legs, although her thighs are not big and would not necessarily put you on the alert at first glance. Well they should, as it turned out, as she made me tap the quickest from various scissor holds. More wiry than muscled should be accurate, if my English does not fail me. I think her style is best described as fast-paced and rough.

Her English is poor, but we could still communicate sufficiently to make the session enjoyable for both. I emphasized ‘competitive and SAFE’, and she smiled and nodded.

We started in a standing position, as I somehow hoped this would give me a better chance, but her height meant that made little difference. From the outset we locked up with our arms, both trying to secure a good grip or a headlock. After a little bit of a stalemate, Kimbra got both hands around my head and pulled me down, and within a couple of tumultuous seconds I found myself in the tightest breast smother I have ever experienced. I couldn’t even react quick enough to move my head sideways for air, and had to tap almost instantly. In the next hour she pulled of the same hold 5 more times, and it seems to be a bit of a specialty of hers. The preview clips on European Fight Club also lend support to this assumption. She showed a different side of herself when I tried to resist by pulling my head sideways by going “Oh come on, come on now, you know it will happen…”. Or something like that. Very hot, anyway.

As far as scissors go, I counted a total of 5 reverse (facing backwards, mostly), one straight, and one with my arm in between. Boy does this girl put on a strong squeeze! The first time I could hold out for maybe 6-7 seconds, with my arm prying at her ankles to relieve the pressure. The times I couldn’t use my arm it took a mere 2-3 seconds before the tap came, and I haven’t been submitted that quickly before. So either my tolerance level has decreased drastically over the last couple of years, or Kimbra really is as strong as some other forum users have claimed. Together with the breast smothers, the headscissors made this one of my most memorable sessions ever.

Kimbra mostly went for scissors and smothers, but I also had to submit to headlocks, arm behind back, a figure 4 and no less than two bellysmothers (see Zsuzsa review for description, Kimbra uses the same technique). The attentive reader will by now have figured out that I lost by even more than to Orsi, but since I find this rather embarrassing and unbelievable I will not give away the final score here.

Of all session wrestlers I have faced, I feel that Kimbra is the one that most hates to lose. From the start you can see that she, although having a smile on her face, is extremely focused and alert, with wide open eyes, a bit like a hunter. She also clearly enjoys what she is doing. Her never-say-die mentality was highlighted by her refusal to submit from two strong attempts from me, a well-placed reverse headscissors and a bodyscissors, both eventually unsuccessful as she gritted her teeth and took the pain.

I have no doubt that Jason is right in that Kimbra can be more aggressive with a mean streak if you want her to, but that wasn’t the case in our session. There was a slight change, though, after I told her the score from the session with Orsi, after which she came at me with increased intensity. I ended up with a couple of big bruises on my chest, one of which is still clearly visible in its late yellow-green phase. Thank god for concealer.

My only regret is not remembering to ask for armwrestling at the end. I’m still undefeated in that respect, but think Kimbra might have given me a good run for my money. Hopefully I will get the chance, because I’d love to wrestle her again.

She says she has plans to travel with her good friend Orsi later this year.

Well, this became rather lengthier than planned, but it concludes my three competitive matches in Budapest. Some will probably see my performances as pathetic, or simply think that I didn’t make much of an effort. Well, I take pride in being a competitive guy, and enjoy getting submissions of my own. So to the extent that I gave less than 100%, that must be at a very deep subconscious level. And I certainly can’t see any reason for me performing differently this time than in previous sessions, which I’ve mostly had in the UK. As a point of reference, in 2013 I came out on top in six consecutive competitive sessions, against Bionic (not active now, I think), Laken from LWS, Kassidy, Samantha from MWM (MMA trained, formerly also LWS), Isabella (LWS) and Minxy Li (LWS). I was not in markedly better shape then than now, albeit two years younger and maybe a couple of points better off in a VO2 max test.

So even if the short interval between sessions meant I was physically reduced when wrestling Orsi and Kimbra, I honestly think there’s something very special about these Hungarian wrestlers. A different class, sort of. They have great experience from their DWW time, are technical experts both offensively and defensively, are very strong for their size, and perhaps not least they have a mentality that says “I really, really want to win!”. In Kimbra’s case I’m convinced there’s a considerable genetic factor as well, because her strength really does defy belief. And she mentioned that her father and mother are both naturally strong and fit.

My Budapest experience ended with a session with Antscha right after wrestling Kimbra. It was half semi-comp and half domination, which I’ve never tried before. A review will follow soon.

Last edited by Mxwrfan; 22-Jun-15 at 14:29.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mxwrfan For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jun-15, 13:48
Points: 3,872, Level: 26 Points: 3,872, Level: 26 Points: 3,872, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session review: Kimbra

Anther great review! hanks. You are making my choice for myself a tough one, but it doesn't seem I can lose regardless who I choose!
Old 22-Jun-15, 14:36
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Great reviews Mxwrfan, Kimbra's always been impressive in the videos I've seen. And Minxy has remarked several times about "those Hungarian girls" giving her nightmares, lol.
Old 22-Jun-15, 14:39
stymie
This message has been deleted by stymie.
Old 29-Jun-15, 12:03
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

OrsiB and Kimbra will be in London at the end of August. Don´t miss them!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Jul-15, 21:17
Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Thank you mxwrfan for all your reviews. Each of them bought back memories I liked very much. Well written and well detailed.

I envy anyone going through this ‘Hungarian experience’ for the first time. It is a pity you never got to wrestle with Tia…(now retired) she was/is an amazing girl.

I went through a very similar experience to yourself and all I can add is that if you ever choose to do it again, I think you should definitely include Viktória in your line up. I know you have met her before, but under ‘hotel circumstances’. Wrestle her on open dojo mats and she will really show you what she can do.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to give us all an insight into the various experiences and girls you met and wrestled. It was a pleasure to read.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lurkermanau For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jul-15, 16:33
Points: 11,022, Level: 45 Points: 11,022, Level: 45 Points: 11,022, Level: 45
Last Achievements

Thanks, Lurkermanau and others, it's good to get feedback and know the reviews are appreciated. I think I'll write reviews a bit more often than has been the case hitherto. Will write one on Leona, who I met quite recently.

I just missed out on Tia by a couple of weeks last year, and regret that I'll never be able to session with her. Fortunately, there are many more excellent fish in the sea. One of them is certainly Viktoria, and I did actually wrestle her on mats in Budapest (I've never had a hotel session). She was amazing! Even though she beat me by less than Orsi and Kimbra, and I did manage to submit her once, there's no doubt in my mind that she's the best Hungarian wrestler and surely one of the best in the whole business. I was fresh and fit and expected a close match (based on videos), but was humiliated, and especially couldn't believe the strength in her bodyscissors.
When I return to Budapest this autumn, I plan to book her again :-).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mxwrfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jul-15, 00:41
Ignore My Taps
Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,719 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwrfan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Budapest, day 2, session 1: Kimbra

I think her style is best described as fast-paced and rough.

Together with the breast smothers, the headscissors made this one of my most memorable sessions ever.
Great review, both in the details, and the overall sense of your experience. Thanks.
Old 31-Aug-15, 10:13
Points: 11,269, Level: 45 Points: 11,269, Level: 45 Points: 11,269, Level: 45
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,123 Times in 113 Posts
Default Session Review - Jenna & Kimbra

I forgot to do a review of the session I had with Jenna 2 weeks ago so I thought i'd write a review about it along with the session I had with Kimbra a couple of days ago.

Jenna
It was a pretty shitty day in general for me and it was also raining heavily (typical London weather) which made things worse, so a session with a good looking Hungarian woman was just what I needed. This was a session I was actually looking forward to as it was a nice change to go up against someone who is closer to my height. When I got to the studio I was greeted by the owner and I also met Sasha, who also accompanied Jenna. I got changed and got on to the mat waiting for Jenna, she finally entered the room wearing a black robe. Once she removed the robe I noticed two things:

1. She had some serious broad shoulders (which I don't consider a bad thing), her traps were very noticeable. Clearly she works hard in the gym.

2. She looked great in a bikini.

After a few minutes of stretching and a little chit chat, got down to our knees and to begin the session. Usually, when I begin a session I test the waters to see how strong my opponent is, so when we tie up I almost always let them get the better of me. Jenna was definitely a strong individual, which wasn't a surprise judging by her physique. What she lacked in technique, she made up for it in the strength department.

Her English was quite good from what I remember so we were able to have good conversations in between breaks, talking about travelling, hobbies, life in general etc. She was very keen on interacting with me which caught me off guard a bit as most of the foreign women i've had sessions with, i've had to initiate any type of conversation.

Overall it was a good session, I would definitely recommend a session with her if you plan on visiting Hungary or if she travels to your country. Bear in mind she's only been doing this for a year, so she may not be at the same level as the other Hungarian women but a session with her is definitely worth it. You may have noticed that I haven't posted a score, that's because I forgot what the score was. Next time i'll have to be quicker with reviews.

Kimbra
I had a session with Kimbra in July last year and I had been hoping she would return, and my prayers had been answered. As soon as I saw her name appear on WB270, minutes later I sent an email to Orsi to book the session at Pippa's. When the session was over (which she dominated btw), I remember saying to myself, how does someone with such a skinny frame possess this much strength? It was ridiculous. Our last encounter was in a hotel room on a mattress on the floor, this didn't give us much room which kind made the experience less enjoyable. This time round the session was in room with mats (anyone who's been to the submission room knows what I am talking about) so automatically the session was going be much more enjoyable this time round.

I got to the front door and Kimbra was there to let me in. When we said our hellos I noticed that her English was much improved, the first time we met she could hardly speak a word, Orsi had to translate. Her English was still pretty poor but we could at least understand each other. Walked up the stairs and saw Orsi, she was in another room when the session went on.

Just as we were about to begin, I got down to my knees and Kimbra was surprised, I think she was expecting to start the session standing up. Personally speaking, this is something I absolutely do not do for safety reasons. Safety is the number one priority, the last thing I want is to injure someone and word of it goes around. So we got to our knees and what followed was probably the most intense competitive session i've ever had. I was tired after ten minutes hahaha. One of the things I admired about Kimbra watching her videos on DWW was her competitive spirit, so to witness it first hand was an experience i'll never forget.

She took the early lead with a combination a vicious headlock and trapping my right arm in between her legs leaving me with no option but to tap. I managed to make her submit in return by being in a mount position, my arms around her neck (while she's on her back) and basically squeezing as hard as I can. I then took the lead, again in a mount position I was able to submit her with an arm lock (Americana to be exact). At this point i'm feeling really good about myself. Now remember when I mentioned earlier how competitive she can be? As soon as we restarted she ramped up the aggression to another level, which automatically suggested to me that she hates to lose and less than a minute later she makes me tap with the same move used on me before.

I was like "What the fuck happened there?" I knew from then on that Kimbra was going to make my life difficult. The session was a back and forth affair, we both had our chances to make the other tap but managed to escape. Kimbra has a ridiculous high threshold for pain, I had her in numerous body and head scissors, her face would go red and she would refuse to tap on every occasion. She DEFINITELY hates to lose.

The session ended 2-2. It was a great way to end my last session of the year. I never have multiple sessions with a session wrestler, it's one and done for me but I am definitely willing to make an exception for Kimbra. I can't remember the last time I had a competitive session like that before.

I've wrestled quite a few Hungarian women over the years and if I was to rank them it would be like this (including inactive wrestlers):

1. Tia*
2. Viktoria
3. Kimbra
4. Mara
5. Zsuzsa
6. Suzie*
7. Orsi S*

*This indicates that I had wrestled them over 3-4 years ago

Even though Tia no longer wrestles I would still rank her over Viktoria. I know Viktoria has beaten Tia but Tia had improved a lot since then with her BJJ and that is something I've seen Viktoria struggle with.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sam Wrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-May-18, 14:12
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts
Default My second session in Budapest- Kimbra.

Kimbra is not as known as Antscha, and certainly there aren’t that many videos of her, but two videos struck me- one is her match with Viktoria, which she scored an early submission against Viktoria. The match continued with a brutal attack by Viktoria, but she was not able to score a submission against Kimbra- hence the surprising victory for Kimbra. The other video was titled “Roxy gives George a beatdown” which she punched him in the body hard and repeatedly in a very fast pace throughout the video. I wanted to be George at the moment – well -- be careful what you wish for!! I was also told by another Hungarian wrestler (not Anstcha) that Kimbra basically is pain proof and will submit to nothing.

Antscha helped setting the session with Kimbra, and the date and the place was set.

I woke up in the morning after the session with Antscha (which took place the evening before), after a great night sleep, feeling elated and rejuvenated. I hopped again on the train (what a fantastic transportation in Hungary) and here I was again in Budakalasz . After a short wait in the station I saw Kimbra riding her bicycle towards me, I waved at her and was welcomed with a big smile and a hug. I was abit worried by the language barrier, but Kimbra’s vocabulary is not that bad at all, and it was mainly her personality and warmth that bridged the barrier and made the communication fantastic. I had another session with another non-speaking English wrestler before, and the communication with google translate certainly undermined the experience, but with Kimbra it wasn’t needed, and the language barrier wasn’t felt at all.

Kimbra looked great, while riding the bicycle towards me, it was clear that she is very strong in her upper body , her biceps bulged and she smiled all the way through to the studio. She’s tall, around 1.78m (5’10”), slim and very sexy.

I explained what I wanted (hard and aggressive wrestling domination, with body punches and kicks, and faceslaps allowed) - and when I reached the punching part, her eyes were lit. she immediately sent a punch to my body “like that? Strong?” , yep that’s what I wanted.

We started with arm-wrestling. In the right hand it was stalemate for a while, but as I wanted to declare a draw I was feeling my arm slowly giving in and Kimbra won the right hand. We shifted to the left arm, and I surprised her by my strength, I managed to get her down a little, she said “ohh!!” but didn’t give up, and It was like that, me holding her arm slightly beyond the starting position but unable to put it down all the way through. We declared a draw in the left arm.

We got to the mat on our knees and the rampage started. This girl is apparently obsessed with punching. We were facing each other, but instead of taking me down with her arm on my neck, she simply pushed me on my back, jumped on my chest , sitting with her back (and lovely buttocks) and started punching my belly. Boom, boom, bim. She changed seating positions, but the punches didn’t stop even for a second. My belly, my ribs, my back, my legs, my butt. I tapped , she stopped, we got to our knees again and she hit me with another bomb on my upper chest. That got me on my back again, this time she assumed a sitting position on my belly, facing me – all the time with a glamourous smile, and the punches resume- on my chest, my arms, my shoulders. I screamed like a madman. She just won’t stop!! After the punches she slapped me multiple times, including with the back of her hand! While not as powerful as Antscha’s slaps (even the Kimbra ‘s backhand slap wasn’t as powerful as Antscha’s forehand), but her big palms, and the multiple slaps took their toll on my face, and I had to stop and have a drinking break.

We returned and immediately she was on the top of me, choking me with her right hand and punching me with her left. My arms were free, so I decided to choke her neck with my hand. Usually a wrestler immediately neutralizes this move, but Kimbra allowed it. I started to grip her neck and increased strength until I was choking her as hard as I can, but It didn’t have any affect at all- she increased the strength of her choke as well, completely ignoring me choking her neck, until I started seeing stars and removed my hand from her neck as I tried to remove her hand from mine. Unsuccessfully, and tapping was the only way to go. Did I mention that she was punching my body the entire time. My body was a mess by then. Pains and bruises started to form all over (when I showed them to Sheena in the next session she was visibly shaken by this). But Kimbra would hear none of it. I was laying on the floor trying to catch my breath, Kimbra started kicking me all over. That was IT!! I rolled out of the mat, while Kimbra still kicking me, I yelled “stop” got up and signaled I need another drinking break.

I asked Kimbra to stop the punching, but she somehow understood it as “more strong??” and I begged “No!! stop ! no more punching”. She smiled at me as the victory was hers. I don’t remember canceling my pre-session requests in the middle of the session. It was certainly the most brutal beatdown I got, and the total brutality of the session was on par with Rada Gold’s sessions- both Kimbra and Rada are wild brawlers who stop at nothing.

Finally Kimbra and I returned to the mats, and we started to wrestle. As expected, I couldn’t stop Kimbra in wrestling, and it was only 1+ hour into the session that I felt her first headscissors. Those were strong!! She added all the traditional holds , a lovely facesitting. Unlke the scientific, calm and methodical and extremely effective approach by Antscha, Wrestling with Kimbra is like in the Jungle- she is a brawler, very fast and very powerful. As Kimbra is tall, I asked her to try Bodyscissors on me (I’m a very big guy - so far only Viktoria and Amazon Annie submitted me to a classic bodyscissors. Tia also did so but it was in a complex Bodyscissors from the front with her arms amplifying the strength). I tried to explain Kimbra that I wanted body scissors, and I pointed my body. She of course interpreted it as an authorization to resume the punching, and after 2-3 hard punches I corrected the mistake (or was it?) and yelled” scissors!! With the legs!”- she managed to lock the legs around my body, they were strong but not enough to score a submission.

The session ended with another set of holds, like I said she doesn’t really care if one fights back, Instead of countering she is relying to her holds being stronger than mine, eventually able to submit me.
It was a great session, Mostly I loved the feeling of being beaten to a pulp, but to a point. Kimbra is strong, sexy, wild and brutal. The session took a toll on me. I had pain all over the body, and when I tried to take a short nap before the session with Sheena in the evening, I LITTERALY felt Kimbra punching me again. Brutality wise It was (together with some of Rada’s sessions) the most brutal I’ve ever had. But remember that I didn’t meet Orsi B as of that time.

Overall a great girl and highly recommended!

Last edited by Royh; 04-May-18 at 19:52.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-May-18, 09:46
Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34
Last Achievements

Default Re: My second session in Budapest- Kimbra.

Brilliant review - Thanks!

made me even more excited to see kimbra later this month. I want exactly what you did... just worried about the amount of bruises i might have. Nice problems though
The Following User Says Thank You to Markwebb For This Useful Post: